Arrest at Walmart leads to charges of racism

There are 334 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Nov 16, 2009, titled Arrest at Walmart leads to charges of racism. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

Nearly three years after Heather Ellis switched checkout lines at a southeast Missouri store and touched off what she calls a racially charged dispute with white customers and authorities, the young black schoolteacher faces a trial that could send her to prison for 15 years.Witnesses have told authorities that Ellis cut in front of waiting ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
STEPPING OUT OF LINE

United States

#364 Aug 25, 2010
This whole story is FROM OUTER SPACE or THE THREE STOOGES I cannot believe our generation has got this SCREWED UP to make this such a BIG DEAL? What happened to AMERICA- MY GOD??????
SHUT THE HELL UP

Houston, TX

#365 Aug 26, 2010
Little Indian Girl wrote:
Is she really facing 15 years in prison for cutting in line?
Gosh, I better stay on my toes.
Yes, when you are black and you upset white folks..thats what happens in this country
SHUT THE HELL UP

Houston, TX

#366 Aug 26, 2010
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>If this this was a white person that acted like thsi there would have been alot of drama and more drama by calling the NAACP drama team. This lady sounds not only racis but very childish. It is sad that anyone acts like this.
Just like when there is violence and drug abuse in the black community, FOX4 is there to report it and glorify it but when the same things are happening every singe day in INDP, OP, OLATHE, its never reported..>Same damn thing!! SHUT THE HELL UP!!
Dink

Jacksonville, FL

#367 Aug 26, 2010
SHUT THE HELL UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, when you are black and you upset white folks..thats what happens in this country
She assaulted a law enforcement officer. Since she was a first time felon, she asked to plead guilty to a misdemeanor and was given a short jail term and probation.

Little Rock, AR

#368 Oct 4, 2010
Did this poor lady ever get her nice fat settlement from Walmart?
Southerncooker

Fenton, MO

#369 Oct 6, 2010
Guest wrote:
Did this poor lady ever get her nice fat settlement from Walmart?
Right on and wonder if daddy dearest ever ate his BIBLE from front to back like he said he would.Guess since she plead guilty then she wasn't really guilty and so he doesn't have to do what he said standing on the steps of the court house. Don't think I would want to hear his preaching, just say what you want and then hope no one remembers, but don't do what the BIBLE says. My baby is innocent of being a spoiled brat and making a big deal out of nothing and causing a big stink then leaving, My GOD doesn't say to act like that. OOOPS do unto others as you would have them do unto you!. So since she acted totally like an idiot to everyone then we need to act like that to her. I'm just glad she left here and we don't have to be reminded of ignorance every day looking at her even though we could all use a laugh daily!!
donedidit

AOL

#370 Oct 6, 2010
SHUT THE HELL UP wrote:
<quoted text>
NOW WHO IS RACIST/
kennett

United States

#371 Oct 6, 2010
i think this whole thing was bs people want to say kennett is one of the most rasist towns how n the hell is that possiable when there is more blacks thn whites in our town an that is how it always has been black get in trouble they yell rasist so nothing is done the law in the town dont want to look bad but let a white person do it an they rack our a** and this is exactly why blacks do what they want around here our town would be in alot better shape and so meny laws wouldnt be broken if they would punish everyone the same an stop letting the blacks hollar racist and deal with their punishment like everyone else

“Emil StaaarBuck Goes 2 Kennett”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#373 Apr 7, 2012
Glad Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL...he won't need a sheet; the dunce cap alone will do it. Thank you for making me laugh! ;)
********ATTENTION******** "Glad Dawg"********

"Glad Dawg"..., if you still lurk/browse this forum, please stop by and say "hello" or something...

Ditto to --->"Robert"
bbit

Malden, MO

#374 Apr 12, 2012
Ruth Chambers holt wrote:
<quoted text>********ATTENTION***** ***"Glad Dawg"********
"Glad Dawg"..., if you still lurk/browse this forum, please stop by and say "hello" or something...
Ditto to --->"Robert"
lived in kennett all my life and trying to figure out these ppl..did he work at the hospital?

Location hidden

#375 Apr 12, 2012
bbit wrote:
<quoted text>lived in kennett all my life and trying to figure out these ppl..did he work at the hospital?
Hi again "bbit"..., by your reference to "he", are you asking about "Glad Dawg" 'or' "Robert"?

#1 - "Glad Dawg" is/was a black lady Attorney-Of-Law who lives/lived in Kentucky...

#2 - "Robert" lives in/lived in the Bootheel,(thinking perhaps Kennett or Dunklin County).

I don't remember if Robert ever 'mentioned' his place of employment...

Location hidden

#376 Apr 16, 2012
dillard here wrote:
<quoted text>from what I read at your local newspaper, the daily dunklin democrat, the people that tried their best to get riots started here last year, were from out of town. does any one know who these out of towners are, their names? would you call last years happenings in your town, political motivated? from what is read in the local paper, it is outsiders that used this forum to stir trouble. what is your opinion on that, does it ring true to you?
********SHOW_ME!********where? ??*******
Show us 'where',(in what/which), local paper, DDD or otherwise where the PAPER made such a statement?--->as, and I quote you, " the people that tried their best to get riots started here last year, were from out of town. "<---:

WHERE? Point us in the right direction of ANY such thing... Show us 'where' the DDD EVER said such a statement???

As I recall, it was ME, myself and *I* that made such statements over there and NOT the paper itself...

S_H_O_W__U_S__!
Its all wonderful

Ghaziabad, India

#377 Apr 16, 2012
Dumbassed holt wrote:
********SHOW_ME!
It's time for you hush your f_ucked up dribble. Nobody and I mean nobody wants to hear your Bulls_hit.

Location hidden

#378 Apr 16, 2012
Its all wonderful wrote:
<quoted text>It's time for you hush your f_ucked up dribble. Nobody and I mean nobody wants to hear your Bulls_hit.
!_********WRONG********_!

http://privateviewing.homestead.com/MarshalDi...

The HISTORY of Kennett, Missouri's PAST "wants to hear..."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
help my.family. Apr '15 johnny 1
News Attempted child molester nabbed in KPD operation (Feb '14) Feb '15 concerned 12
News Ita s a bird, ita s a plane. No ita s a bird. A... (Aug '14) Aug '14 breezy 1
News Customers Complain as Sewer Prices Go Up (Jul '08) Aug '14 Pissed 2
News Contractor arrested after not delivering on Ken... (Jul '14) Aug '14 breezy 9
News Kennett man given more prison time (Jul '14) Jul '14 big stud 1
News Kennett man charged with shooting wife (May '14) May '14 Trash man 11
More from around the web