Mass. home sales plummet for first ti...

Mass. home sales plummet for first time in a year

There are 3 comments on the WSHM - News - News Now story from Aug 25, 2010, titled Mass. home sales plummet for first time in a year. In it, WSHM - News - News Now reports that:

Sales of single-family homes in Massachusetts plummeted in July when compared to the same month last year, reversing a trend of 12 consecutive months of increases and reflecting a weakened real estate market nationally, according to two reports released Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSHM - News - News Now.

Warren Reynolds

United States

#1 Aug 25, 2010
July 2010 was a very bad month for MA real estate. Please see the chart comparing last July to prior Julys in the post I made August 4:

http://www.02038.com/2010/08/july-home-sales-...
Debra

Gardner, MA

#2 Aug 26, 2010
I wished we could afford to buy a house We are tired of living in a apts. My husband has been lucky and he still has a job. We need jobs and a sense of security. People are in a FRENZY trying to figure what to do or where to go to survive in this horrible depression. We need for people to thrive and care for their families. It's getting so bad we can't afford to go our for dinner or a movie anymore. We have to be tight with our money. If my husbands hours keep getting cut we will be applying for Food Stamps. People are getting desperate for HELP!!!! Where's Our BAILOUT??????
TWK

Tewksbury, MA

#3 Aug 26, 2010
No JOBS. You knew this would happen after the credits ran out. Just like sales for cars died after Cash for Clunkers ended.
Need to create jobs in the dreaded private sector, not just the public. There's been no recession for them comparatively. Need to cut the capital gains tax and extend the Bush tax cuts for everyone in December, especially for small businesses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dukes County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News First Island driver cited for texting while dri... (Nov '10) Nov '10 bob 1
News Grant totals $625,000 (Sep '08) Sep '08 waste of money 1
News Steamship Authority presses state for dredging ... (Jan '08) Jan '08 Nabraj Sharma 1
More from around the web