Planned Parenthood To Open in Dubuque

Planned Parenthood To Open in Dubuque

There are 35 comments on the KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids story from Jul 31, 2008, titled Planned Parenthood To Open in Dubuque. In it, KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids reports that:

Planned Parenthood says it will open a new clinic in Dubuque. And that's causing some controversy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Drill Here Drill NOW

Russell Springs, KY

#21 Oct 24, 2008
Tassy wrote:
Planned parenthood provides other services besides abortions uncluding adoption services as well as STD screeing and cancer screeings overall abortions are only about 3% to 5% of the overall amount of service provided. while abortion is not something i would do i do not believe I have the right ro tell anyone else what they can and cannot do with thier own bodies. Those ofyou that are saying that it is simply and "abortion factory: need to get off your high horse and actually do a little research instead of just being blind and seeing what you want to see.
You need to do a little research.

I expect you will find other agencies in DBQ that Provide:
Adoption Services
STD Screening
Cancer Screening
Birth Control Provisions

I would go as far as to say - if you did your research, you would find that there is a County or State Agency in DBQ that does most if not all these things!

So, why would you need Planned Parenthood?

FOR ABORTIONS! What else.
Other than Government Money -(in YOUR research) where does Planned Parenthood get all thier money???? ABORTIONS

Why do you NOT have the right to tell people that it is NOT OK to Kill?
How can you say it is not Killing a life??
Or is OK because it is an invonvenient life?
How about Grandma? She has been sick lately and really affecting our bank account. I think we should just put her down. I am sure she would be much happier knowing she won't be a burden upon us.
Tiffany

Davenport, IA

#22 Oct 24, 2008
I agree With what was said. I would not abort myself, but I have known friends who have done it and with good reason. What if you were told that your child is going to totaly disabled or born without a brain? What would you do? Also as said above they offer a range of services and until you are in one of those girls shoes, you should shut your mouth cause you never know what the circumstance may be.

Since: Jul 08

Dubuque, Iowa

#23 Oct 27, 2008
Those ofyou that are saying that it is simply and "abortion factory: need to get off your high horse and actually do a little research instead of just being blind and seeing what you want to see.

Ditdo!!
Ted Turner philosopher

United States

#24 Oct 30, 2008
Everyone should only have two kids,but they need not overpopulate Dub uque or anywhere else because it strains our small resources and housing .There is not enough good housing here to accomadate the overpopulation we already have.Think about what could happen if someday the population gets 100,00 .All the country land west will be borgified in Star Trek terms with more ugly housing.keep up the birth control with jellies and creams.
leah

Willow Grove, PA

#25 Nov 3, 2008
tassy, the referral to Planned Parenthood as an abortion factory was used because it is the largest chain organization committing abortions across the U.S. the other services you speak of are already provided by other organizations. organizations that do not KILL BABIES, but instead provide positive healthcare opportunities and/or adoption services. my family is an active part in the foster care system, and i will tell you that this is NOT one of planned parenthoods primary focuses. the issue here is not emotional appeals or religious factors, but instead the blantant fact is that abortion is the destruction of life. bottom line - abortion is KILLING a human life! the baby inside a mother is not merely part of her body, the baby is an entirely separate person with his/her own dna. dna. the make-up of an individual person. we live in the great land of america, our founding fathers created the constition- and our first freedom, our FIRST freedom is the right to life. the right to life. so, in turn, abortion-the murder of an individual human person-is in fact a violation of our first malienable right. this is what makes it "our right". our duty to ensure our constitution being upheld.
joe the phony

United States

#26 Nov 5, 2008
So by your logic, fertilized eggs are people. So when a girl unknowingly has a fertilized egg and passes an egg through menstruation, is she a baby killer? That is what you're saying. Don't bother digging yourself out. That is what you're saying. She should get the death penalty because you see that as murder!
I expect to see you trying to redefine what you think a person is, but there is already posts of yours that explains that. Maybe you will surprise me and tell me you think that view is true. If so, you are a sick fuck! I know, I know, don't get crude. At this moment, I pretty much see you as a crazy right-winged nutjob. I am at least trying to help you to develop a more moderate view.
Trekker

United States

#27 Nov 5, 2008
trust wrote:
i would be glad if this place opens in dubuque, because it could help prevent pregnancy too. say the condom broke you could go there and have EC (emergancy contracption)
Jellies and creams will work too for women and theres not that much housing left for a bigger [population.
Trekker

United States

#28 Nov 5, 2008
heartlandcoc wrote:
Does Dubuque need Planned Parenthood? Absolutely NOT!
Even kate Mulgrew of Dubuque doesnt believe in abortions.I think that is why it is a sin in the first place to commit fornication,sex outside mariage.Most women who decide on abortion likely are not married.If women want to have sex,as alot of young girls do,then they should be given birth control on the day of sexual contact,from the start.Jellies and creams from the start.There should be a organization that provides those for free in Dubuque,to prevent abortion.
Trekker

United States

#29 Nov 5, 2008
Drill Here Drill NOW wrote:
<quoted text>You need to do a little research.
I expect you will find other agencies in DBQ that Provide:
Adoption Services
STD Screening
Cancer Screening
Birth Control Provisions
I would go as far as to say - if you did your research, you would find that there is a County or State Agency in DBQ that does most if not all these things!
So, why would you need Planned Parenthood?
FOR ABORTIONS! What else.
Other than Government Money -(in YOUR research) where does Planned Parenthood get all thier money???? ABORTIONS
Why do you NOT have the right to tell people that it is NOT OK to Kill?
How can you say it is not Killing a life??
Or is OK because it is an invonvenient life?
How about Grandma? She has been sick lately and really affecting our bank account. I think we should just put her down. I am sure she would be much happier knowing she won't be a burden upon us.
All of Dubuque just needs its single mothers to be educated about birth control and know that abortion is wrong .To think of abortion is the reaping of emotional consequences of Fornication.If we had a program here to encourage more marriages and less fornication,things could get better in family values.Reward young girls for marrying.Start a marriage club in Dubuque.Start a orphanage too!!.Wwe have nuns so why not orpahanages.?
Heartlandchurcho fChrist

Brooksville, FL

#30 Nov 28, 2008
Trekker wrote:
<quoted text>Even kate Mulgrew of Dubuque doesnt believe in abortions.I think that is why it is a sin in the first place to commit fornication,sex outside mariage.Most women who decide on abortion likely are not married.If women want to have sex,as alot of young girls do,then they should be given birth control on the day of sexual contact,from the start.Jellies and creams from the start.There should be a organization that provides those for free in Dubuque,to prevent abortion.
The problem that all of society is facing is the humanist idea that sex outside of marriage should be permissible as we are nothing more than animals needing to react to our urges.

Fornication =(all sexual activity), will never be eradicated, because sin is in the world. Because the god of this world (Satan) offers many sugar sticks of pleasure which men and women are told and taught that they cannot refuse.

The only way we will be able to gain any ground is for those willing, to turn to God's way of living. Total and absolute abstinence outside of marriage. No jumping in the sack just because you are engaged to be married, no shacking up, no one night stands, no adultery, no bi-sexuality, no homosexuality, etc.

I understand that there will never be 100% compliance, nor even 70%, but the more that begin to understand God's will for us all, and willingly turn to His Word to guide them, the better society will become. Will Planned Parenthood and organizations like them ever be eradicated? Probably not. But I believe we still have freedom of speech in this country and can speak out against the atrocities they commit and support.

No one should be supporting organizations that give out free condoms, jellies, creams, etc. which support free sex. If you are against abortion, then you should be against sex outside of marriage (Hebrews 13:4; 1 Corinthians 7:1-2).
Anna

United States

#31 Nov 29, 2008
The reason we are bringing Planned Parenthood to Dubuque is not for abortions. In fact the Planned Parenthood in Dubuque doesn't even do abortions, and your crack pot theory about it being an abortion pipe-line is dumb. Guess what if someone wanted an abortion they simply have to ask their doctor where to go. So you can shove that out the window. Planned Parenthood is here because we need help last year there were more then 10 teenage girls who became pregnant. Also the STD rate is sky rocketing in Iowa, why you may ask...because Hillcrest isn't doing their job! We need to be teaching kids about safe sex, not abstinence, because that is not working!

Since: Jul 08

Dubuque, Iowa

#32 Dec 3, 2008
Anna wrote:
The reason we are bringing Planned Parenthood to Dubuque is not for abortions. In fact the Planned Parenthood in Dubuque doesn't even do abortions, and your crack pot theory about it being an abortion pipe-line is dumb. Guess what if someone wanted an abortion they simply have to ask their doctor where to go. So you can shove that out the window. Planned Parenthood is here because we need help last year there were more then 10 teenage girls who became pregnant. Also the STD rate is sky rocketing in Iowa, why you may ask...because Hillcrest isn't doing their job! We need to be teaching kids about safe sex, not abstinence, because that is not working!
So in other words, according to your 'theory' that since Hillcrest isn't doing it's job in preventing or stopping teen pregnancy, then we need another organization who again, CANNOT prevent or stop teen pregnancy?

1. Teen pregnancy will 'never' be prevented or stopped. We know that. Why? because sin is in the world.

2. Hillcrest is doing its job - just not the way that Planned Parenthood would like it be done.(Encouraging more teen sex).

3. Planned Parenthood in Dubuque DOES do abortions! You hand out the morning after pill don't you? You give prescriptions for birth control pills don't you? And many others that are in fact abortafactants dont' you? Then you perform (in a non-techicnal sense) abortions.
Steve

Davenport, IA

#33 Dec 11, 2008
Thanks for this conversation on Planned Parenthood in Dubuque. They are an abortion pipeline that was not here before. The abortion clinics in Iowa City and Bettendorf have seen more cars with Dubuque County license plates than before Planned Parenthood opened here. That is not a coincidence. The only service they have added in Dubuque is abortion referrals. All other services were already in place. If people do not speak out against Planned Parenthood and their agenda, there will be a larger clinic opening that will perform abortions in Dubuque. It has happened in other parts of the country.

Since: Apr 08

Des Moines, IA

#34 Jan 26, 2009
Yay abortion is going to win with Barack Obama as president!

Since: Jul 08

Dubuque, Iowa

#35 Jan 26, 2009
Modo wrote:
Yay abortion is going to win with Barack Obama as president!
yay, obama joins the conspiracy to murder the innocent! How sad for you and others of your mindset that murder is justified just because you can't control yourself, or because the baby is not going to be perfect in your eyes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dubuque County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Neighbors of planned Dubuque County shooting ra... (Jul '15) Aug '15 FARMER 2
News More (Feb '14) Feb '14 Former employee 1
News Dubuque County Begins Smart 911 (Dec '13) Dec '13 Tom 1
News Eastern Iowa city faces losing half of its popu... (Oct '11) Oct '11 carl 1
News Livestock Producers Urge President Obama To Sto... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Tom 1
News Burglars hit storage units, take items worth $8... (May '11) May '11 Jameson 1
News Rumble Strips Set For Certain Iowa Rural Roads (Jun '10) Jun '10 Anonymous 3
More from around the web