5 counties could go to EST in Nov.

Jul 18, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fort Wayne News Sentinel

“In the end of the day, our businesses and commerce interests here in Dubois County clearly were interested in remaining with the time that the majority of Indiana observes, and that's really the driver in that equation”

Five southwestern Indiana counties that switched to Central time last year would be allowed to move back to Eastern time this fall under a proposal announced Tuesday by the U.S. Department of Transportation. via Fort Wayne News Sentinel

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2007
Audrey

Dubois, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

Indiana should change to eastern time. I work in a school district that has students and parents on different time. This is really hard for both the student and parent. Parents have to be at work an hour earlier because they are on estern time thus leaving their chindren at home by themselves for a period of time before they get on the bus. It is also hard on everyone involved with school related sports. Most of the schools that we compete with are on eastern time. One school is only a ten minute drive from ours. Central time just causes a lot of confusion. Change to Eastern!
joe

Saint Meinrad, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2007

I could care less which time zone we are in but the whole state should be on ONE time. There would be much less confusion!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dubois County Discussions

Search the Dubois County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Armadillos may be invading Indiana (Jun '09) Oct '13 tom 5
Ferdinand Town Council asks for Police Chief's ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Alan Reece 1
Frisbee golf could be coming to Dubois Co. (Feb '12) Feb '12 Nate 1
French Lick Teen Dies In Hunting Accident (Nov '11) Nov '11 A Mom 1
Debating political debates (Sep '10) Sep '10 anomous 1
Afternoon pursuit ends on Sailor Road; dog take... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Ruckus 1
Pizza store manager arrested for sexual battery (Jul '09) Nov '09 hmmm 4
•••
•••