Guest column: Governor, please do not authorize Klamath dam removal

Jul 23, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The News-Review

Thank you, Governor, for considering the cost of removing dams from the Klamath River.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 53 of53
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Festina lente”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You started out making sense but you blew it when you got off on your racial tirade. No matter how smart you think you are you will now be discounted because you are prejudiced. What a waste.
Well Huh, you've broken my heart. I was so looking forward to your endorsement. What you call prejudice, I call a lesson well learned.
Fortunately, your opinion of me is none of my business.
dkaler

Grants Pass, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2009

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks friend. I am a student of history and regard the domination of the American Indian as an inescapable scar on our history. No doubt our ancestors could have handled the situation differently, but they didn't.
Living in the middle of the local 'tribes' for the last 34 years, I've experienced good and bad ones. I've been swung on from behind twice, hit once. I fought one that had pulled a LARGE knife on me and had a rifle stuck under my chin by a group of them. All of them were drunk, so I don't feel a tinge of guilt about my views.
Their end game is getting the old reservation back along with government payouts to sustain them. Who knows? Maybe.
Hmmm...sorry to hear of your encounter, Kind of hard to believe that from my experience with your ignorance you didn't ask for it? I don't know??? what do you think? hmmm..My god rest your soul...because I am a better person and I do apologize for letting my anger get the best of me so many blessings to you my friend and sorry for all the awful things i said pryor...Peace
John Eversoll

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2009

Ya know, The political folks have their ideas "which is basicly a money in the pocket
and a pat on the back" favor. They will have their way and we will pay for it in the end.
The only way that we as a people can fight this and put a stop to it's future is a very strong vote aginst it. We all know what reprocusions will come to stupidity. Not just the electricity
but to the wild life. The tribes were here well before the town of Klamath was and they got along well. But now that The population has erupted to what ti is and we all know that Progress is the basic means of employment. Taco bell and the Black Bear dinner ect ectAs a town we have to grow and if need be to start making other progress. Install wind generatorswhich goes into batteries for storage and use. install generators for personal use, eliminate
yourself from the goverment. Why do you need a land line"phone" get a cell phone.. install a wind generator in the back of your property for
your personal use. Remember if you make a lot of power you can sell it to the GREEDY govt electical companies. I my self have pretty much cut myself off from the govt pinch in the pants
with my own generator and cell phone, no land line any more for me. I have my own well and use it. Some times as a people we have to remember that Govt will do as they please even if we as a people say no. But the only way that we can get Klamath and Bananza going is to get together as a whole and agree on one thing. We all live together and shop at the same places. Say hi to each other and start talking about the issues.
There I guess I have been on the soap box long enough, Sorry if I have over steped my bounds.

“Festina lente”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2009

dkaler wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm...sorry to hear of your encounter, Kind of hard to believe that from my experience with your ignorance you didn't ask for it? I don't know??? what do you think? hmmm..My god rest your soul...because I am a better person and I do apologize for letting my anger get the best of me so many blessings to you my friend and sorry for all the awful things i said pryor...Peace
Well I suppose I deserved as much as anyone, but I never hit anyone from behind, pulled a knife or a gun. Your people, on the other hand, do it all the time. You're all so tough until someone bitch-slaps you then you look for a weapon. I've lived in the Klamath, Chiloquin, Beatty area for 33 years and I've kicked some serious indian ass over the years but never needed a tool.
Save your apology. You haven't hurt my feelings.

Hey, I see you found religion....again. LOL
Tina Brink

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

I be reprezentn stuff when I get older. Pepz will listen to me reprezentn.

So i'm like dams are bad and stuff, so we dont need no dams in California. We should like use green energy and ice caps and stuff, to make electricity cuz it's cool. I'm democrat and voted for Clinton and the other dude and WE RULE YO! So no more dams and legalize pot.
2 eyes wide open

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

Hello, I'm hoping someone on here can help me.. This is off topic I know..But I'm looking for an old friend with whom I have lost contact though the years...Her name is Carla Padilla from Klamath falls Ore. and she has two beautiful daughters..We went to school together in the 70's ..She could be remarried by now.. But if you know her PLEASE let me know...She was always a good friend and I miss her... Thanks for any help you can give me....
Crazy stalking hobo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

Judged:

I'm looking for Carla's daughters too. Let me know if you find them.
2 eyes wide open

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

Crazy stalking hobo wrote:
I'm looking for Carla's daughters too. Let me know if you find them.
Well Thanks a lot for NOTHING I see they have just as many crazy people there as they do here.. Like I said thanks for NOTHING !!!!
2 eyes wide open

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2009

Judged:

Hey "2 eyes wide open" - "one brain wide shut", is this facebook, or white pages, or any other social networking site?....NO. This is low-security, no log-in required, no admin site. Idiots like you come to these sites looking for help? Are you sure this is the right place?

Besides, admit it, you like the attention. If you didnt, you report abuse and eventually I'd get blocked.

I just made it look like you're having a conversation with yourself....so who looks crazy now?
2 eyes wide open

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2009

2 eyes wide open wrote:
Hey "2 eyes wide open" - "one brain wide shut", is this facebook, or white pages, or any other social networking site?....NO. This is low-security, no log-in required, no admin site. Idiots like you come to these sites looking for help? Are you sure this is the right place?
Besides, admit it, you like the attention. If you didnt, you report abuse and eventually I'd get blocked.
I just made it look like you're having a conversation with yourself....so who looks crazy now?
I have tired every thing I can think of..In a LAST ditch effort I decide to try this form .. And your right, wrong place to get any type of help..In our form believe it or not sometimes people try and help each other I would say 85 % would try and help while 15 % are just nuts... Nothing wrong in being a little crazy every now and then... Thanks for your input... It was a last time try and didn't make it... but thanks any way....
Fred Flintstone

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2009

Nuke em all Just find me a job in this dam world so I can pay for my electricity bill! Removing the dams what a joke, someone is getting rich off this and it is not people of this state. Ted got his money in his pocket from this, So NUKE EM ALL.
Fred Flintstone

Klamath Falls, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2009

Tina needs to be kicked in the head again.Want to be a gangster.
JonBoy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2009

Don't get sucked in, folks. At first I thought Don Quixote has a valid intelligent opinion, but I was wrong. He is just phishing for a debate. Consider the following:

"Don" states that the NW gets 18% of its power from hydro. The real figure is 82%. That's Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana.

"Don" states that he has passed the payback point for his solar & wind power investment. It is common knowledge that, in California, even after hefty tax rebates & incentives (that other taxpayers pay for), it takes a full 10 years before your power is finally cheaper than buying public. See http://www.weatherquestions.com/Solar-power.h...

Coal, gas, & all fossil fuels are non-renewable. Water just keeps going around and around. Also, most enviros want to stop logging & the use of wood for building & even paper bags. Wood is a renewable resource. The construction of solar panels and wind generators uses non-renewable resources, and plenty of energy.

24% of the world uses hydro power. In some places, life would be bleak and suffering would be intense without it. The Democratic Republic of Congo relies on hydro for 99% or its power, as does Norway. 91% in Brazil. 60% in Canada.

Look a "Don's" bogus and outlandish claims and then just tag his butt as a liar and phisher-man. All rant and no facts. Get a life, Don. And, get the facts. Maybe you can contribute something to a debate somewhere, instead of jousting at imaginary windmills.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 53 of53
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Douglas County Discussions

Search the Douglas County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Alfa Leisure to Build Luxury Motorhomes & 5th W... (May '08) Jan '14 Gary 82
Roseburg man sentenced to 5 years for armed res... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Jake54 2
Animal control seeks dog who bit woman in Myrtl... (Mar '13) Mar '13 JessSki 1
Authorities find 3 missing near Coos-Douglas Co... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Chrissy 2
Roseburg man arrested after allegedly resisting... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Curious 1
6-month sentence in Douglas County dog poisoning (Feb '12) Feb '12 Dog Lover 1
Grand jury says officers justified in use of fo... (Oct '11) Oct '11 matador 1
•••
•••