Walmart working out site issues of ne...

Walmart working out site issues of new store

There are 3 comments on the The Record-Courier story from Jul 31, 2011, titled Walmart working out site issues of new store. In it, The Record-Courier reports that:

Developers of Walmart in south Gardnerville still have some site issues to work out before passersby will see any vertical construction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Record-Courier.

DaveI

Ridgecrest, CA

#1 Aug 11, 2011
I can't wait for this...
Right now I have an hour drive to Wal-Mart in Carson City which I do every week. This will cut my driving time in half and save me a lot of money in fuel expense. I don't do any shopping in Gardnerville as it is now and I suspect I am not the only one (because of high pricing).
So this won't hurt anybody (stores) in Gardnerville once Wal-Mart opens unless they are price gouging, then I guess they'll have to "adjust" their prices.
JSMinGville

Minden, NV

#2 Jul 28, 2012
DaveI wrote:
I can't wait for this...
Right now I have an hour drive to Wal-Mart in Carson City which I do every week. This will cut my driving time in half and save me a lot of money in fuel expense. I don't do any shopping in Gardnerville as it is now and I suspect I am not the only one (because of high pricing).
So this won't hurt anybody (stores) in Gardnerville once Wal-Mart opens unless they are price gouging, then I guess they'll have to "adjust" their prices.
You made the decision to live that far away. The prices in Gardnerville aren't higher if you are comparing to travel expenses to go to a place that sells cheaper products. When it comes to not hurting local business, there are plenty of salons, tire centers, pharmacies, grocery, etc. that may be affected. Please shop local, it really saves in the long run.
MRGdvl

Minden, NV

#3 Aug 7, 2012
Bottom line local stores need to cut prices and compete, if they can't then walmart wins. In this day and age getting the best price if what it is all about for families to make it financially. Walmart meets those financial needs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Memorial service set for Gardnerville infant (Jan '15) Jan '15 jackson_browne 1
News Gardnerville man held in sexual assault of child (Oct '14) Dec '14 TrUtH187johnkruppjr 4
News Building permit issued for Gardnerville Walmart (Apr '12) Apr '12 Sherry Gardnerville 4
News Federal judge blocks web site (Sep '11) Sep '11 Title is wrong 1
News Ann Romney stumps in Minden, Reno (Aug '11) Aug '11 ghdlisseurs 1
News Minden set to discuss town manager (Aug '11) Aug '11 ghdlisseurs 1
News Minden Doppelgangers closes (Aug '11) Aug '11 Laura Rosado 1
More from around the web