Automobile Museum founder dies in crash

Automobile Museum founder dies in crash

There are 2 comments on the Reno Gazette-Journal story from Nov 25, 2010, titled Automobile Museum founder dies in crash. In it, Reno Gazette-Journal reports that:

A Douglas County rancher who knew Bill Harrah and played a prominent role in the founding of the National Automobile Museum in Reno died Tuesday in a head-on collision with a fire vehicle in Southern California.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reno Gazette-Journal.

LOTHIAN SKELTON

AOL

#1 Nov 25, 2010
Ted Bacon was a true gentleman and perfectionist in all aspects of his life. Red and I met Ted in 1974 at Jubilee Ranch in Minden and enjoyed a enduring friendhip with Ted and his wife Lee....having many memories of riding ranch horses and working cattle. My heart goes out to Ted"s Family and to his lovely wife Lee. Sincerely, lothian Skelton Rancho Mirage, Ca, and Burnt Valley Ranch, Anza.Ca.
Jonette Priddell

Merced, CA

#2 Nov 27, 2010
My grandfather John has worked for Mr. Bacon and lived on the Jubilee Ranch sense I was a tiny girl. He was always a sweet sweet man. I've always had the utmost respect for Mr. Bacon and my heart goes out to his family and his beautiful wife.
Jonette R. Priddell
Merced, CA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Douglas County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Memorial service set for Gardnerville infant (Jan '15) Jan '15 jackson_browne 1
News Gardnerville man held in sexual assault of child (Oct '14) Dec '14 TrUtH187johnkruppjr 4
News Walmart working out site issues of new store (Aug '11) Aug '12 MRGdvl 3
News Building permit issued for Gardnerville Walmart (Apr '12) Apr '12 Sherry Gardnerville 4
News Federal judge blocks web site (Sep '11) Sep '11 Title is wrong 1
News Ann Romney stumps in Minden, Reno (Aug '11) Aug '11 ghdlisseurs 1
News Minden set to discuss town manager (Aug '11) Aug '11 ghdlisseurs 1
More from around the web