Dorchester effort to draw jobs would ...

Dorchester effort to draw jobs would increase sewer, water rates

There are 5 comments on the Post and Courier story from May 25, 2008, titled Dorchester effort to draw jobs would increase sewer, water rates. In it, Post and Courier reports that:

Dorchester County's latest plan to draw more industries includes a hefty increase in sewer and water bills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Post and Courier.

robin

Columbia, SC

#1 May 31, 2008
if the government would use the money that they have the right way taxes and water and sewer wouldn't have to be a factor. 40% of fuel tax goes to road repair where does the other 60% go I'm tired of having to fork out my hard earned money because gov. doesn't know how to buget!!!!
CONCERNED

Columbia, SC

#2 Jun 9, 2008
Have you ever heard of the Hatfields and the McCoys?

Well, that what you have with the Upper and Lower areas of government with Dorchester County. There is no long term plan of how we need to grow the county, or more importantly, how we grow or trim our government. It is more of a "me" attitude, rather than a "we" attitude in Dorchester County. This has caused duplications in the staffing and facilities for years. Why can't we be a "we" county? This would certainly make less costs, thus saving the taxpayers.
Deb Hibbs

Pawleys Island, SC

#3 Aug 31, 2009
We need someone out here in Corey Woods to do a job that has NOT been taken care of for a long time. The drainage ditch which runs behind the homes off of Loblolly, Rebellion and Farmhill are packed with trash and it has not been serviced in years. My husband walked the length of the drainage ditch and saw the reason why this area floods out. The pipes are at the dirt level and clogged with debris and trash and overgrown trees. The drain on the streets that are suppose to handle the amount of water during a rainstorm are full of trash so the water CAN NOT drain into the storm drain itself. It backs up because it is clogged and the pipes are rusty. So, when are you going to out here correcting the problem? We can show you exactly where the problem is.
Deb Hibbs

Pawleys Island, SC

#4 Aug 31, 2009
I am not from Myrtle beach. I am writing from Summerville. Debbie
Please clean the ditches

Cottageville, SC

#5 Sep 10, 2009
We had terrible flooding off Ladson Road also. The water was 18 inches high...INSIDE MY HOUSE. because of the oondition of the drainage ditches behind the subdivision. Gross!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dorchester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dorchester County has plan for Ashley River par... (Jul '13) Feb '18 Star213 2
Home Depot Background Check (Nov '16) Nov '16 Howard 2
News RESULTS: The Lowcountry's election winners (Nov '16) Nov '16 o see the light 1
News Ridgeville woman dies of injuries from Dorchest... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Forreall 1
News SC inmates complain about food (Oct '11) Jul '15 prison 10
Bond denied for Texas man accused in fatal Summ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 mr g from hanahan 1
News Lawmaker outraged by alleged DSS placement of c... (Nov '12) Nov '14 JVehorn 3