Freedoms Lost
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
level headed

Aubrey, TX

#21 May 11, 2012
Just THINKING perhaps you need a history lesson. The United States of America, The United
Kimgndom and the Canadian Provinces are all consolidations of a sort. If your schools are failing you need only look to the school board that leads them and to the state education departmentthat leads them. We need discipline of curriculm to ensure knowledge not Project Charlie and inventive spelling. Children need leadership and guidance not social engineers.
Just THINKING

Bridgeport, WV

#22 May 11, 2012
I can't diaagree with you about what we need in the school system ---- To start get rid of the teacher's union ---

But our kids began to do worse on the testing AFTER the schools consolidated here --- PROOVEN POINT!

Consolidation helped nothing -- the coats ate still as high as they were back when ---- It saved nothing -- the sma eamount of students = the same amount of trachers!!!
Quiet Observer

United States

#23 May 12, 2012
What an odd debate! Suggesting that all of our surrounding counties willingly pick up a piece of our mismanaged and dysfunctional county in order to absorb us into non-existence. lol What on earth would be in it for any of them to do so?

While I am no advocate of bigger government, I see in the case of WV counties, having only 3 commissioners at the healm for each is quite inadequate. Perhaps if each county had 5 elected commissioners, it would be more difficult for all 5 to be manipulated compared to only 2 or 3.
Just THINKING

Bridgeport, WV

#24 May 12, 2012
That can be done --- it takes a vote from the citizens ---

But you do realize that with the push for regionalization has existed for years in this state ---

Look at the 911 Center --- CRI -- The schools considered it when the New DCHS was built (or should I say -- that was the threat!)

As for the other counties wanting the absorb us --- well, DC comes with relative little debt (the school bond) and is rich in Oila and gas revnues --- Shame that it can't be managed better!
APPLE BUTTER

West Union, WV

#25 May 12, 2012
There will never be a real fair election in Doddridge county as long as family and lodges and fire,EMS and family with money and land along with churches and lions clubs and other such groups !they are told who to vote for if your one of them and if your an outsider your butt is in the corner
and good people are sent away !In the old days they would get you drunk and feed you and then drive you to and from the election site and then back to the bar ! Now they just tell you what to do and if you dont then you will be out of the family land and a job and be shunned.IF there is 30 familys in town with 35 members who are told how to vote then there you have it ,1,000 votes with not even the blink of an eye ! and you all call this town fair ? if you have a small town with a judge,sheriff, local town goverment and so on and they are family and all think the same and have you as a target then its only a matter of time till they try and bring you and yours down or send you out of town unless you have money . And in the last 40 yrs nothing has changed and never will.
Wolfpack

West Union, WV

#26 May 12, 2012
APPLE BUTTER wrote:
There will never be a real fair election in Doddridge county as long as family and lodges and fire,EMS and family with money and land along with churches and lions clubs and other such groups !they are told who to vote for if your one of them and if your an outsider your butt is in the corner
and good people are sent away !In the old days they would get you drunk and feed you and then drive you to and from the election site and then back to the bar ! Now they just tell you what to do and if you dont then you will be out of the family land and a job and be shunned.IF there is 30 familys in town with 35 members who are told how to vote then there you have it ,1,000 votes with not even the blink of an eye ! and you all call this town fair ? if you have a small town with a judge,sheriff, local town goverment and so on and they are family and all think the same and have you as a target then its only a matter of time till they try and bring you and yours down or send you out of town unless you have money . And in the last 40 yrs nothing has changed and never will.
OMB Buck up!
ouch

United States

#27 May 12, 2012
Not sure Apple Butter understans the the phrase, Wolfpack.
Plus, live in a family who only cares about themselves and you see things differently.
Concerned Parent

Morgantown, WV

#28 May 12, 2012
I like your way of thinking "Just Thinking".
Concerned Parent

Morgantown, WV

#29 May 13, 2012
Yea,look at our schools! What a mess! And all of them are being runn by outsiders,
survivor

Oklahoma City, OK

#30 May 13, 2012
Yes and do you know that the schools receive over 70% of the tax money in this county!!!!
Just THINKING

Anmoore, WV

#31 May 13, 2012
I set and read this BI+++ing and I ave to shake my head ---

Teachers don't teach anymore -- they program our kids to what ever is deemed to be the "BEST" circ. by the state!

Our eachers aren't REQUIRED to live in county ---

HOW MANY of you parents are attending the BOE meetings and keeping up with the rules and regs that are being placed on our school, children and staff --

How may of YOU VOTE the same old BOE members into office?????

How many of YOU do NOT want your child tested because you DON'T WANT the stigma attached ???? Hoe may of you really know what is going on in our schools????

Yes, they recieve 70% of our tax dollars --- I would estimate that 87% of those funds are spent on REQUIREMENTS from the state ---

You THINK the BOE and the SUPER runs the LOCAL schools -- Think again -- Between the State DICTATING and threatening and the UNIONS telling the system what they can and can't do when a teacher is below standard --- Our schools are doomed!!!

GET INVOLVED -- ATTEND THE BOE MEETINGS and READ the RULES AND REGULATIONS and ANY CHANGES that are proposed!!! YOU allow MOST of the bad stuff to happen while YOU set on your tail and BI**H!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doddridge County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Levi Grandt Sep 21 China lover 1
Did you hear??? Sep 8 Nosey Rosie 1
Time to Move On Sep 4 DC Lover 12
DC Idiot Aug 31 Blind Leading the... 6
Tax Fraud (Mar '16) Jul '16 Concerned citizen 4
Mineral and oil rights. Who to sell to? Jun '16 Nancy chipps 1
County Commission (Mar '16) Jun '16 What is wrong 60
More from around the web