Apple Butter

Pennsboro, WV

#1 Mar 31, 2012
Has anyone out there seen this tv show on whats going to happen if the goverment shuts down and no supplys come our way? Me and my husband are really starting to wonder, what if ?? what if the big city folks start to come our way and take our food ,water,deer and even us in the long run??

Its just a thought and maybe some outside remarks will shed some light on this subject and maybe even get groups together for survial if needed !!
GOP Watchdog

Fairmont, WV

#2 Mar 31, 2012
We have been watching a few different series with the doomsday theme ----

This area already faces high prices because of our location and in order for there to be an influx of the people in need there has to be something they want ---- What's here for them????

We are making sure our bills are paid up and tucking stuff away as we can ---

WIll be canning instead of freezing --- generators that work off of natural gas ---- But lets face it -- idf there is going to be that kind of chaos -- will we really be around to see it????
Wolfpack

Pennsboro, WV

#3 Mar 31, 2012
If there was so much traffic that the Gen. Craddock bridge on us 50 were to sink under its weight, then traffic would back-up from from Smithburg east. That would put an "unfair" strain on everyone from there back to where ever. However, I am sure that our fed government (the one that responded to Karina, etc) would be here in a flash to help. Oh that's not much help. Sorry.
lemon

Independence, WV

#4 Mar 31, 2012
i feel safe
we have rollin roland and his party/disaster trailer here in doddridge co
just my opinion
Java Joe

Alexandria, VA

#5 Mar 31, 2012
Apple Butter wrote:
Has anyone out there seen this tv show on whats going to happen if the goverment shuts down and no supplys come our way? Me and my husband are really starting to wonder, what if ?? what if the big city folks start to come our way and take our food ,water,deer and even us in the long run??
Its just a thought and maybe some outside remarks will shed some light on this subject and maybe even get groups together for survial if needed !!
City folks coming to our way to take our food, water, deer in the event of doomsday. HA! Let 'em try. We wv hicks holled up in our holler's are gun totin' hillbillies that can protect our own.
Java Joe

Alexandria, VA

#6 Mar 31, 2012
You all know, don't you --that our area of North Central WV has been identified by homeland security as the evacuation route for Washington, DC in the event of a national disaster. They are supposed to pass through here on the way to Ohio. ha ha --- can you imagine the urbanization of WV?
Apple Butter

Pennsboro, WV

#7 Apr 1, 2012
All We were saying is that we have a well,canned food and weapons with ammo and other needed items in the event of an emergency !Not the comming of Jesus,lets say the weather turns oi=n us or if the city folks run our of food and come our way, are you prepared like a few of us are because we dont depend on the goverment city ot federal.
Learning

Weston, WV

#9 Apr 14, 2012
Hey Preppers --- do you really believe that you are doing such a great job wirh your food stock?
CEHCK THE EXPIRATION DATES --- I am finding the canned good that I have purchased have only a very short shelf life!
Quiet Observer

United States

#10 Apr 14, 2012
Learning wrote:
Hey Preppers --- do you really believe that you are doing such a great job wirh your food stock?
CEHCK THE EXPIRATION DATES --- I am finding the canned good that I have purchased have only a very short shelf life!
Canned goods actually should have a 4-6 year shelf life, but I have noticed that certain grocery stores ...mainly the discount grocery chains, tend to stock cans with a shorter shelf life remaining. Probably get them for a better price since they are older inventory.

I do volume shopping ...not as much for "doomsday" but stock up sales when canned goods have gone on sale and I buy a couple cases for the pantry.

A true "prepper" would probably be better just saving their veggie seeds (heirloom of course, to avoid the Monsanto controversy...lol) and then just figure on growing a bunch of salad greens year round under a grow light in their kitchen and go deer hunting a lot if things go to hell in a handbasket... lol
plaguey

Washington, DC

#11 Apr 16, 2012
All, On the subject of, shelf life. I've come across a good web site for these supplies. Some items keep as long as 25 years.

This link takes you to a "tips" page, that has some needed info on it. Please read this before ordering anything. Also, IMO, the section that talks about stocking "variety" is only trying to get you to spend more than you really need to.
http://beprepared.com/article.asp...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doddridge County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Harold Rag (Jun '14) 7 hr DC Astute 62
Doddridge County Commission 8 hr EYES wide OPEN 9
DCEMS to the RESCUE Feb 24 Witness 1
Doddridge County Commission Meeting 2 17 2015 Feb 24 lemon 12
The Doddridge Independent Feb 24 lemon 3
DCEMS wrecked another one Feb 22 DC Astute 52
Fire destroys Police Cruiser Friday night on 18 S Feb 14 Thinking Again 2
More from around the web