Comments
1 - 20 of 98 Comments Last updated May 16, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Town Cryer

Weston, WV

#1 Apr 14, 2012
Have heard the Hearald will have articles in the upcomming paper quoting the total cost of the DCAA and will list what organizations will be recieveing funding next year --- Tis COULD GET INTERESTING!!!!
WOW

Barnesville, OH

#2 Apr 14, 2012
I hope these are really an eye opener as the DCAA doesn't seem to want to be very open about their actual finance situation.
The Professor

Grafton, WV

#3 Apr 14, 2012
WOW wrote:
I hope these are really an eye opener as the DCAA doesn't seem to want to be very open about their actual finance situation.
Have you actually attended one of their board meetings and ask about finances? I somehow doubt that very much.
Town Cryer

Weston, WV

#4 Apr 14, 2012
Not the DCAA's budget -- HOw much the Commission has actually spent on the DCAA --- A TOTALLY DIFFERENT budget!(You know -- FROM OUR TAX DOLLARS!!!)
WOW

Barnesville, OH

#5 Apr 14, 2012
Professor, you don't know the half of it. We're interested in the REAL numbers from the county commission. Maybe, just maybe, some good will come from all of these past, present, and future issues.
My3CentsWorth

Columbus, OH

#6 Apr 14, 2012
The Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you actually attended one of their board meetings and ask about finances? I somehow doubt that very much.
Professor,
Yes, I have attended one of their board meetings and walked away without answers. The DCAA Board continues to do a song & dance, avoiding any transparency.
I personally have made a public offer to pay for the pages needed to publish their finances in the newspaper, which has gone ignored.
I urge you to wake up, allowing your doubts to be cleared up.
Quiet Observer

United States

#7 Apr 14, 2012
The issue is a simple one to understand--

1. NO OTHER county in the state has a situation similar to the one that the county commission did to us in creating the DCAA and that's a fact. An ambulance authority is usually created to take MORE THAN ONE county ems agency under its umbrella strictly as an oversight and support agency. But nooooooo! Doddridge Co. commission in their wisdom ... lol decided to grow local government and start a county squad which has IN FACT ...the numbers are there.... cost the tax payers over a million bucks.

2. The DCAA board has little or no oversite! And supposedly the ambulance authority was created to provide oversite. LOL Yet getting info from them is like pulling teeth. And the joke they put up under the name of being their financial reports and budget are laughable BECAUSE they fail to reflect all the money they get sucking on the county teat of taxpayer dollars.

3. As the above posts says, they are not as "transparent" as they'd like you to think they are.(remember good ol' Donny Boy who said they were "flying under the radar?") LOL In my opinion, things haven't changed. Just go to a meeting and try to ask them financial stuff. I bet you'll be told to "FOIA it!"

But seriously folks, if you have concerns about their spending... they are a county agency, you know. So call the state auditor's office and make your complaints about their discrepancies and excessive costs.

Otherwise ... just stop complaining and take your lumps,("thank you sir, can I have another?" and the lumps are about a 13% tax increase we've experienced and an empty county bank account. Not to mention a lot of other worthy agencies struggling while 30 DCAA employees get paid to mostly be a taxi service for NON-COUNTY residents and on our dime!

Pretty sad that at almost every commission meeting, when another organization asks the commission for some funding....they have to go back to Beth's desk who does the bookkeeping for the county, and ask her how they are looking as far as available funds and ask if the county can afford to spend a little money. OMG !
WOW

Barnesville, OH

#8 Apr 14, 2012
Told from last meeting, Shirley states there is not any money for donation until after June 30th. FACT. Majority to DCAA. FACT.
ouch

Barnesville, OH

#9 Apr 15, 2012
Sure hope to see and hear better stuff than in the past. Wish the county had more for the average orgs.
GOP Watchdog

Fairmont, WV

#10 Apr 15, 2012
Not going to be extras for anyone unless the Commissioners are willing to force the DCAA to stand alone ---- Cut their budget by half like they had to cut the rest of the organizations ----
ouch

Barnesville, OH

#11 Apr 16, 2012
We've all heard the old saying"beat around the bush"; well, I do believe we've been beaten into the bush. Which, in my opinion, means we have been taken to the extent of trying to even find the sun light as our finances have been lowered into the dark mask of looking for a new vision. Sure can't get to the light when there isn't an opening.
All issues said and done will not replace what the cc has taken from us in the form of $$$. Stop it now before all is lost to one purpose.
Oh Boy

United States

#12 Apr 16, 2012
Not any $$ extras, not any$$$ for some; hmmm..,. sounds like there needs to be a change at the helm. Know who can help get us out of this situation.....Read the newspaper; go to county commission meeting; go to activities where the candidates speak, and it won't be hard to make a logical decision.
Wolfpack

Pennsboro, WV

#13 Apr 16, 2012
The Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
The original post isn't very clear, is it? But I doubt that the average tax payer cares much about your internal financial machinations, but is more interested in his/her own pocket book or put another way, what the county commission paying for you. By the way, when will you be able to pay all your expenses and leave our pocket books out of it?
GOP Watchdog

Fairmont, WV

#14 Apr 16, 2012
Have heard the increase in property taxes in the last 3 yrs has been over 13%--- WOW ---- Wonder if they will EVER ADMIT to what the DCAA has REALLY cost us?????
The Professor

Grafton, WV

#15 Apr 16, 2012
GOP Watchdog wrote:
Have heard the increase in property taxes in the last 3 yrs has been over 13%--- WOW ---- Wonder if they will EVER ADMIT to what the DCAA has REALLY cost us?????
How many of us are not being appraised correctly--Have been told that the appraised values are way under what they are actually worth, so I guess 13% is not to bad of an increase in property tax's. The old adage still applies, you get just what you are willing to pay for. I for one, am willing to pay for what I get, not expect someone else to pay for it for me.
Java Joe

Barnesville, OH

#16 Apr 16, 2012
The Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one, am willing to pay for what I get, not expect someone else to pay for it for me.
Ha!HA ! Too dang bad that those from other counties (WHO BENEFIT FROM the DCAA via transports that OUR TAX DOLLARS pay for to haul them around in different counties) don't feel as you do!!!! Then maybe we'd be able to keep those damn DCAA ambulances in the county where they belong.... serving only Doddridge.
Town Cryer

Clarksburg, WV

#17 Apr 16, 2012
How true ----

and Professor --- You are right too -- you get what you pay for --- To financially assist the DCEMS so they could have improved would NOT have taken over a million bucks and raised our taxes by over 13%!
The Professor

Grafton, WV

#18 Apr 16, 2012
Town Cryer wrote:
How true ----
and Professor --- You are right too -- you get what you pay for --- To financially assist the DCEMS so they could have improved would NOT have taken over a million bucks and raised our taxes by over 13%!
How utterly wrong you are. The 13% was mandated by the State on appraised values. Had nothing to do with the DCAA or any County organization. Just ask the County Assessor, he will tell you the truth.
Tomato Head

Grafton, WV

#19 Apr 16, 2012
Town Cryer wrote:
How true ----
And if the Swishers and Heasters were gone from the DCEMS, the problems would not of existed, maybe there would not have been a DCAA.
Town Cryer

Clarksburg, WV

#20 Apr 16, 2012
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH --- Always blame the FACT that our Commissioners did NOT have the knowhow to work with people and insulted those who had given of their time because the Commissioner did NOT have a CLUE over privacy matters or EMS/Fire Dept concerns!!!!

It was her way or the highway -- many KNEW this from watchimg HER actions and listening to HER comments at meetings ---- and the other two followed her right down the yellow brick road!!!!!

It's funny that the DCEMS DOES have a Commissioner on their board --- and the TWO during this time period didn't EVEN BOTHER TO ATTEND THE MEETINGS!!!

Even with Fire and REscue there is a COMMISSIONER sitting on the board --- They hadn't seen their Commissioner for years until the recent one began to attend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doddridge County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doddridge Independent Newspaper (Apr '13) Aug 27 FAIR taxpayer 62
Doddridge County Tax Statement Aug 26 FAIR taxpayer 11
Weekly Reader and Commission Aug 22 Average Taxpayer 49
MarkWest plans to add more processing capacity ... Aug 15 Concerned Owner 6
lawsuits Aug 15 Reader 7
The Harold Rag Aug 6 DCRES 48
Thiefs Aug 4 Sad 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••