Evans Approves Flood Plain Permit for...
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Town Cryer

Morgantown, WV

#61 Apr 27, 2012
I notice the FEMA REP is on the agenda for Tuesday's Commission Meeting @ 10:00 --- Where they are to hire a Flood Plain Coordinatoe --- Raise the rates for drilling in the flood plain and have the drilling companies to pay for damages and then Fostor and Huff is listed ----

1. I thought the OES Dorector was paid to be the Flood Plain Coordinator --- If not, then where will THAT money come from -- The County budget for next years has been done and they are already short for the end of this year (Now till June 30)-

2. Raise the rates for the drilling companies -- This is a good thing --- These permits are going to cause extra money to be spent by the Commission -- IMO -- This cost should be defrayed by those causing the added expense.

3. Payment to landowners for damages -- This si already covered by WV LAW, don't see where the Co Commission has anything to do with this.

4. Fostor and Huff ????? Who knows --- It's not listed as an appeal ---

IMO -- All of the above is like trying to put the spilled milk back into the glass!!!!! Shame that it has come to this point --- someone should have been smarted when he voted on the ordinance to realize that the new ordinance didn't mean that as a commissioner the good ole boy attitude wouldn't survive for long!
Questions

Weston, WV

#62 Apr 28, 2012
You're right -- have been reading the ordinance --- WHAT A MESS!!! Didn't Evans read this and understand what he was reading??????

Also watched the video again ---- Shirley talked about the training course that was offered for the Flood Plain Coordinator and Jerry didn't act like he had attended!!!!

Wonder why he WANTED this job if he wasn't going to do the job properly?????
give it a break

United States

#63 Apr 28, 2012
Someone posting on here seems to be having a conversation back and forth with themselves by using two different ID's Now THAT is nuts!
lemon

Fairmont, WV

#64 Apr 29, 2012
Questions wrote:
You're right -- have been reading the ordinance --- WHAT A MESS!!! Didn't Evans read this and understand what he was reading??????
Also watched the video again ---- Shirley talked about the training course that was offered for the Flood Plain Coordinator and Jerry didn't act like he had attended!!!!
Wonder why he WANTED this job if he wasn't going to do the job properly?????
in my opinion the hefty paycheck is a reason jerry ran for commissoner,big bucks for 12 hours employment a month, and the comfy chair to nap in
just my opinion
gizmo

United States

#65 Apr 29, 2012
Question wrote:
I reread your post --- You say that EQT has only spent $$$ on the permits --- The rumor mill has the cost so far at 1.4 Million dollars --- What for? 1st the leagal work -- then the permits, the surveying --- purchase of supplies to be used -- then the crews that have been working on this --- Someone said they were ready to move in on the 21st ---- Well if that is the case then the cost of the down time for the equipment and workers ---
I can't believe the 1.4 million but also can't believe that they only have the costs of the permit fees -----
I also heard that Jerry's permit indicated that the site plans were with the permit ----
Yes, the ordinance gives the Director of Emergency Services the right to approve or dispprove the permit who was replaced by Jerry but it also gives the right to appeal his decision to the County Commission whose attorney is the PA. AND the appeal is REQUIRED to be in WRITING and sent to ALL parties.
You also mentioned that the maps
If they "move on this' before the big meeting i would guess that a bunch of landowner in the line of the flood plane would be ready to sue them-not jsut the landowner. they are endangering a whole community not just the one persons property. too much blatant stuff going on lke they think they have the right to destroy more than just the one persons property. glad fema is in on this and hope a lot more agencies come in to and see what happens to an unsuspecting local government when they trust what the big companies tell them. same holds true with property owners so beware people.
Wolfpack

West Union, WV

#66 May 2, 2012
Jerry's defense is going to be that he is ONLY the "Flood Pain MANAGER"? What does a MANAGER do? He signed the permit in the first place and then signed the recision in the second. Gee, what is in a name?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doddridge County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Todd Oct 19 not wondering 2
DC Independent (Oct '15) Sep '17 Townie 14
Stealing from family & government Sep '17 Homeboy 10
News Industrial Home for Youth (Jun '10) Sep '17 Maybe 71
choc labs in doddridge county (Oct '09) Aug '17 Roderick7065 16
DC Fair 2017 Aug '17 Pedro 3
Doddridge Commission 5/20/2014 (May '14) Jun '17 the rock 51
More from around the web