WATER TRUCKS &OIL CO Equipment
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
david

Cairo, WV

#22 May 31, 2012
Err...I grew up in Oklahoma and was there a month ago so yeah, apple nutter, I know what it looks like. I'm in doddridge right now, so I know what that looks like too. Now if I take my knowledge of each location and think about each at the time maybe just maybe I will be able to make this thing called a "comparison" and sometimes when you make a "comparison" you find these other things called "similarities". Ok so let's review - parts of Oklahoma are green and have trees and hills (tulsa and the surrounding area are sometimes referred to as "Green Country". Doddridge is green and has hills and trees. Seems sensible enough. Now let's try it your way "I ONCE TO AN INDIAN RESERDFVATION WITBJ MY FRIENX AND IT WSS DUSTY SIO THD STATD OGF OKLAHOMA IS DUSTY!! ALLL OF IT AND YOUF PEOPLG WITB YOYRS DISAGREEING TIONEZ MAKE ME MAF SO YOURD DUMB. SON FETCHB MD ANOYTHER NATTY LIGHT IMV GIVING THESE PEOPLER THE WHAT FOR ONN THE DODDRIDGE BORED!#!#!"
david

Cairo, WV

#23 May 31, 2012
In all seriousness y'all really are just getting treated like a 3rd world nation. It's 1900, the O&G companies are the European nations and Doddridge is Africa. They take your treasure, destroy your land and resources, and when you have the audacity to cry foul, they respond with superior and overwhelming force ( today, the colonizers' weapon of choice is lawsuits instead of machine guns...but I'm pretty sure they would use the latter if they thought they could get away with it).
APPLE BUTTER

West Union, WV

#24 Jun 1, 2012
Thats too FUNNY !! david.
Old Guy

United States

#25 Jun 1, 2012
david wrote:
In all seriousness y'all really are just getting treated like a 3rd world nation. It's 1900, the O&G companies are the European nations and Doddridge is Africa. They take your treasure, destroy your land and resources, and when you have the audacity to cry foul, they respond with superior and overwhelming force ( today, the colonizers' weapon of choice is lawsuits instead of machine guns...but I'm pretty sure they would use the latter if they thought they could get away with it).
David,

It is remniscient of what Baldwin-Felts did in Matewan, WV back during the coal mining wars when miners were treated as expendable resources for the giant corporations. Just different decade, but same strategy to come in and exploit the people, threaten eminent domain, trash their lands, take their huge profits and leave laughing at how these dumb hicks never knew what hit them.

Educate yourselves people! Googles this stuff on the internet and find out what is going on in these other areas they have already heavily drilled. We're next !
APPLE BUTTER

West Union, WV

#26 Jun 1, 2012
The bottom line is this,they have killed our miners
with white lung and saftey hazards for years now and act like they are concered ? for that moment ! and big oil companys and all them kind will also act like they CARE ?THEY DONT !! they put a big fat check in front of some of us and we go country Blind because most of us are poor in that fashion and want to live some and give some to our familys when we can and they PLAY on this and we fall for it without looking at the long range terms and health issues we will face, like old guy said ! You put $250,000 in front of me and any normal such person and it will make you give in OR think real hard about it !! Call an atty or someone with a brain to help you out our ask Questions ? Most of us dont know how to act and what questions to ask.and thats a Fact !!!!! Not sure how this is going to turn out for us here in WV but if you look at the History of these folks and what they do,ITS not going to be PRETTY .
LIKE my old Jewish granddad used to say "HAVE I GOT A DEAL FOR YOU "
david

Cairo, WV

#27 Jun 2, 2012
Old Guy,

Thank you very much for the info. Btw - which counties should we look at? Wetzel?
Old Guy

United States

#28 Jun 3, 2012
david wrote:
Old Guy,
Thank you very much for the info. Btw - which counties should we look at? Wetzel?
http://www.wcag-wv.org/ Wetzel County Action Group -- drilling has been going on there for 5 years and this group has incredible pictures of the damage.

Check out the photo gallery of this site also, as a lot of Wetzel County's pics are on there:

http://www.wvhostfarms.org/photo-gallery.html

View the slide show of pics on this site, play the youtube videos of what happened to a gal in Harrison County, and scroll to the bottom of the page and read what's going on inside the 13,000 acres of the Lewis Wetzel Wildlife Management Area.... while our DEP and legislature appear to look the other way, in order to coddle the industry. You ain't seen nothing yet! It's on its way to Doddridge.

More links to follow, we have hundreds of them and articles indexed that show what the aftermath of drilling in Washington Co., PA and Bradford County, PA has bestowed on unsuspecting residents who were at ground zero of the drilling. THIS AIN'T YOUR CONVENTION DRILLING FOLKS! Research how the drilling and fracking of a Marcellus well is so very different!

And while you are at it....check out the EPA region 3 site to see all the federal violations issued to the driller who was in Harrison last year and who is heavily targeting Doddridge now.

http://www.epa.gov/region3/marcellus_shale/

(Scroll down the page and click on all the links for the individual violations on these drillers.)

Public info folks! Do you not check out a contractor ahead of time when they come to do work on your house? Well check out these drillers who are operating in our county!!
Old Guy

United States

#29 Jun 3, 2012
Recommended reading for every citizen in Doddridge County....

"End of Country" by Seamus McGraw

Read the synopsis of the book on his website:

http://www.seamusmcgraw.com/
david

Cairo, WV

#30 Jun 3, 2012
Thanks for the detailed info. Will definitely check it out.
Unbelievable

Morgantown, WV

#31 Jun 4, 2012
I live in the Center Point area of Doddridge County. They have nearly destroyed our roads with their trucks. How is it legal for them to frack 24/7??
Citizen

United States

#32 Jun 5, 2012
Unbelievable wrote:
I live in the Center Point area of Doddridge County. They have nearly destroyed our roads with their trucks. How is it legal for them to frack 24/7??
Because our WV legislature is comprised of about 90% crooked politicians who are either heavily invested in the industry, hold leases themselves, or who are getting their pockets lined. And they write the laws (or rather refuse to write the laws) that regulate the industry.

The legislature, in my opinion, is made up of mostly ignorant hicks-- who don't have the foresight to realize that WV has what the drillers want, and they'll pay any price for it--- IF they have to. So make them have to pay us more for what they want.

And with stricter regulations to protect the landowners and environment it would create MORE WV jobs not less. Dumb hicks in Charleston are too stupid to know that or they plain don't care what they do to you. VOTE THEM OUT!! With the exception of a couple of "good guys" in the WV legislature, the others are up to their neck in corruption and in bed with the drillers.

And we still remain a poverty, welfare state while these companies reap their billions from underneath our lands and laugh at us dumb hicks for letting them do it.
Quiet Observer

United States

#33 Jun 5, 2012
Most of the people in this county haven't a clue what is in store for us when these drillers really get underway. It makes me sad to see a county's way of life destroyed and the industrialization of this place. And THAT is indeed what is in the plans for Doddridge County.

Anyone want to buy my farm? LOL Come on now folks... since I'm such a sh*t stirrer in other county issues besides the current drilling issue, surely some of you would be willing to pass the hat around and take up a collection to buy me out so that I can get the hell out of here before this place is turned into an industrial zone. LOL

That's the only thing keeping me from getting the hell out of this place because I KNOW what's coming down the pike. I've done my researcthis is scary. The writing is on the wall. People have unfortunately signed leases without reading the fine print....bully boy companies (such as EQT suing for that woman's only meadow when they knew it was in a flood plain) and all those Marcellus wells going in around New Milton that Erwin leased to Antero and take a look at what's happening up RT 23 that we already know about ....

Those things are only the tip of the iceberg of what these companies have in store for us. Move away and come back to visit in 3 or 4 years and you won't recognize this county!

300 proposed Marcellus wells in this area. All you need to do is look at the back of the Herald each week at all the public notice ads being placed by drillers to know what's gonna happen here.

And if you don't sell and leave now, assuming you still can sell .... your property won't be worth sh*t when it's surrounded by these wells. Forget your Doddridge rural heritage 'cause they'll take that away from you too. And who is getting all the money? In my opinion, it's these these big muti-national conglomerates and a few mineral holders (who because of their greed, sold out their neighbors quality of life) These are who are getting 98% of the profits for extracting that natural gas under us to sell to China.

The rest of us get trashed, lose our home values, have our water contaminated, and put up with the traffic, noise, pollution, etc. for someone elses gain. A few local jobs for water truck drivers. Some extra burgers sold at the restaurants, hotel rooms rented. THAT'S the economic development this industry gives us and nothing more. When they are finished and pull out and leave, WV will still be a damn welfare state. Get the hell out while you still can. There are greener pastures. Somewhere, at least for now.
plaguey

Hyattsville, MD

#34 Jun 5, 2012
Quiet Observer wrote:
Get the hell out while you still can.
QO.

IMO, leaving is no longer an option.

Who's going to buy us out? Banks are stopping the practice of lending money on property that is close to these wells. I'm wondering if eventually even current owners of local property won't be able to borrow money to improve their farms, businesses and homes?

That, and, who in their right mind would want to buy into this mess?

Can anyone think of a situation like ours, where a third party could come onto your property, destroy it, make is worth nothing and poison you without breaking any law?

If anyone else attempted anything like this, you would at least have a legal right to defend yourself. But, not with these drillers! With them we are being told that we must take it and be happy about it. Then die quietly from the affects of their poison!

I'm going to keep repeating this until it becomes our county mantra.

These people are Evil! With a capital "E"!

I can think of no other single word to describe them.
Come on

Clarksburg, WV

#36 Jun 5, 2012
Dear QO, in case you haven't noticed, this is already a welfare state. If you have lived here all your life as some of us have you would notice that a large portion of our county's population are transplants...look at the kids that move in and out of our system from year to year....here one day gone in a month. Our state is one of the easiest to get on welfare....I don't thing everything the companies do if perfect, but those jobs beat supporting them while they set on the couch and I work! And they hire locals!!!!! I know plenty of people driving water trucks ,hauling heavy equipment, making drilling pads and much more and they didn't have to beg for the jobs either, they just applied.
plaguey

Hyattsville, MD

#37 Jun 6, 2012
Come on wrote:
Dear QO, in case you haven't noticed, this is already a welfare state. If you have lived here all your life as some of us have you would notice that a large portion of our county's population are transplants...look at the kids that move in and out of our system from year to year....here one day gone in a month. Our state is one of the easiest to get on welfare....I don't thing everything the companies do if perfect, but those jobs beat supporting them while they set on the couch and I work! And they hire locals!!!!! I know plenty of people driving water trucks ,hauling heavy equipment, making drilling pads and much more and they didn't have to beg for the jobs either, they just applied.
So, you're saying that a bunch of low paying jobs, temporary jobs at that, make all of this distruction a good thing?

Respectfully, what happens when the rush is over? With the exception of maintenance and CLEAN UP work, those jobs will be gone. The distruction however will remain with us forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doddridge County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
he lost!!!! Fri FunnyFarm 12
Mike Todd (Oct '17) May 23 What now 24
DC Independent (Oct '15) May 10 True conservative 37
Doddridge Co School Board Election Questions May 5 Grannie 3
Doddridge Commission 5/20/2014 (May '14) Apr '18 True conservative 58
News Industrial Home for Youth (Jun '10) Mar '18 Thebuduselect 72
News Doddridge County woman arrested on child neglec... (Dec '14) Mar '18 YTITSAHC 4