WATER TRUCKS &OIL CO Equipment

Posted in the Doddridge County Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
APPLE BUTTER

West Union, WV

#1 May 27, 2012
Is it just me or are the Water Trucks getting much Bigger then they once were ?? Kinda like a Cancer does if you dont try and stop it ??
Citizen

United States

#2 May 28, 2012
Ha! You ain't seen nothing yet! It's the industrialization of rural WV. And it ain't being done by the local O&G companies that were part of the community. These are big corporate thugs who move through quickly before people in the county know what hit them. They shove right-of-way and mineral leases under the noses of uninformed landowners who haven't a clue what the implications are of what they are signing. And only after their land has been completely bull dozed, their water wells trashed, and their quality of life completely altered, will they realize just what has happened.

But by then, the drillers will have moved on to the next state. This ain't your typical "boom and bust" period everyone was used to seeing in the past. This sh*t is different.... do some research on it!

http://www.earthworksaction.org/issues/detail...

www.frackcheckwv.net

http://www.nrdc.org/energy/fracking-wastewate...

www.propublica.org/series/fracking

www.marcellus-wv.com

http://www.marcellus-shale.us/
Old Guy

United States

#3 May 29, 2012
Yes they are bigger. A good deal bigger and more and more are on the way.
At millions of gallons of water per horizontal well and at least 3 wells per pad...YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!!!
APPLE BUTTER

West Union, WV

#4 May 29, 2012
I see also that they use fire Hydrants and personal wells,why are they allowed to use a firemans wrench to open these units?? And to think the fire depts told us we cant get out pool filled because of water shortage's when we paid only $25-$50 per pool!! now for some reason these jerks can take all our much needed water to DESTROY our CITY which by the way is BROKE and the pennys they offer is worthless !! SO from what i gather we will have to re-name west union to a Desert city our a ghost town when these MAGGOTS are done with our county !! IF you think iam kidding just do some research..
Hopefully Responsible

West Union, WV

#5 May 29, 2012
APPLE BUTTER wrote:
I see also that they use fire Hydrants and personal wells,why are they allowed to use a firemans wrench to open these units?? And to think the fire depts told us we cant get out pool filled because of water shortage's when we paid only $25-$50 per pool!! now for some reason these jerks can take all our much needed water to DESTROY our CITY which by the way is BROKE and the pennys they offer is worthless !! SO from what i gather we will have to re-name west union to a Desert city our a ghost town when these MAGGOTS are done with our county !! IF you think iam kidding just do some research..
Where are they opening fire hydrants?
Educated Citizen

Charleston, WV

#6 May 29, 2012
Hopefully Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>Where are they opening fire hydrants?
Smithburg by the storage units - apparently it's metered there and they buy it from the Water Board
APPLE BUTTER

West Union, WV

#7 May 29, 2012
SO its ok for them outsiders to come here and take the water from the FIRE DEPTS HYDRANTS for there use right?? But if we need it for us locals its not allowed to fill out pools ! I feel there is going to be more DRY Hydrants like the one TJ'S resturant could have used if it was in working order ?? WELL am I right or wrong !!
Quiet Observer

United States

#8 May 29, 2012
IN MY OPINION.... what we have here folks is an unregulated industry and a corrupt legislature and WV DEP giving them a free pass. Put that on top of a complacent batch of dumb hicks in the hollers and it's a drillers paradise.

Give yourselves more credit than they give you.... speak up ..put YOUR NAMES on letters of complaint, network with your neighbors to start getting the crooked DEP and WV politicos under the microscope and VOTE THEM OUT of the legislature, and pull together for a class action suit against driller abuses and a corrupt DEP.

But, if you just want to be wimps and not put you name on anything, just continue to drink arsenic laced water, watch you farms get plowed over for 7 acre well pads, and hope your livestock doesn't get sick and die....CAUSE THESE THINGS ARE ALREADY HAPPENING ALL OVER PA where they are ahead of us by 4 or 5 years on the drilling.

You are about to see the industrialization of rural WV.... so try to do something, or put up with it and stop your complaining if you won't try to make a difference.
Rob

United States

#9 May 30, 2012
Quiet Observer, you are right. We need to speak up. People are being taken advantage of and there is arsenic in the water after drilling and fracking. WV jumped the gun, issuing too many permits, not enough WV inspectors. Texans have taken over. Many of them can be quite rude and forceful.

Water trucks taking thousands of gallons from the rivers and streams always doing so late at night. Is this being regulated, are they pumping or dumping. Who is to know what could be put back into our waters. There is a lot of toxic waste associated with fracking. Money talks and I believe that is why so much is going on in this industry that should NOT be going on. Just my thoughts.
Quiet Observer

United States

#10 May 30, 2012
Rob wrote:
Quiet Observer, you are right. We need to speak up. People are being taken advantage of and there is arsenic in the water after drilling and fracking. WV jumped the gun, issuing too many permits, not enough WV inspectors. Texans have taken over. Many of them can be quite rude and forceful.
Water trucks taking thousands of gallons from the rivers and streams always doing so late at night. Is this being regulated, are they pumping or dumping. Who is to know what could be put back into our waters. There is a lot of toxic waste associated with fracking. Money talks and I believe that is why so much is going on in this industry that should NOT be going on. Just my thoughts.
Yup ..and the "We need to speak up" is a real problem with some people in this county. They gripe about what is happening to them and when they have a chance to go public with it and put WV DEP and the drillers under the magnifying glass, they clam up and don't want their name on it.

Well, this ain't your regular round of a drilling boom folks! Wake up and see what's happening and you'll be witnessing the industrailization of our WV rural communities. And those companies will have blown through here and be long gone before the arsenic well water tests get disclosed, and before people know what really hit them. Just ask the folks in Washington PA, Bradford Co., PA and Wetzel County, WV.

APPLE BUTTER

West Union, WV

#11 May 30, 2012
YOU just dont know what you had, TILL ITS GONE !!
We take what we have in front of us as if it will always be there,WELL you are very wrong ! I bet Washington DC and Los Angeles and Chicago and New York looked just like Doddrisge County WV till the BIG Companys Came into their LIVES !! GET THE PICTURE ?? Well DO YEA !! Because if you dont, Then thats all we are going to have to remember what this town and county looked like at one time is only a Picture of the PAST !! And by the way, Texas and Oklahoma are now DUST BOWLS and this is why they are here..........
A response to you

Bridgeport, WV

#12 May 30, 2012
APPLE BUTTER wrote:
SO its ok for them outsiders to come here and take the water from the FIRE DEPTS HYDRANTS for there use right?? But if we need it for us locals its not allowed to fill out pools ! I feel there is going to be more DRY Hydrants like the one TJ'S resturant could have used if it was in working order ?? WELL am I right or wrong !!
READ the post above yours -- the water they are etting from the hydrant is METERED!!! THEY PAY FOR THIS WATER ---(Maybe to fill some of the water tank they have committed to fill for people? I can't imagine why they would want city water to work a well!)

As for DRY HYDRANTS -- the one in town @ TJ's was hit by a car and the city did not fix it --- The hydrants belong to the city NOT the vFDS ---

As for the pools -- YOU CAN BUY the water off the city to fill your pools --- IF you ahave city water at your home --- they dicount your water bill --- If you do NOT have city water then YOU PAY for the water you need and pay one of the VFDS to haul it!
APPLE BUTTER

West Union, WV

#13 May 30, 2012
This is not about the cost of water jerk, this is about doing harm to our state and county ! I have a well and a septic tank thank you very much,BUT here is my point like the one on your HEAD . They are poisioning our land and water systems and the very dirt we stand on and grow our gardens with !!
MR Response to you !!! Why not shut your mouth and open your eyes and read all the statements before you run your Dumb mouth !!
A response to you

Fairmont, WV

#14 May 30, 2012
Mr. Butter --- You were the one that was bringing up the dry hydrants (not caused by Oil and Gas)-- YOU were the ones who said they were getting water for FREE when others had to pay for pool water --- NOT ME

And further -- MAYBE some of these "OUTSIDERs" as you call them --- would react a little differently if certain people would quit handing out bogus, unproven information ----

All of us purchased our land at a reduced price realizing that the minerals probably didn't pass with the surface ---- And we were ALL DUMB enough NOT to see this coming ----

So my suggestion to all of those out there who are upset about the O & G industry and what it is doing ---- sell out and move to this Environmental Nirvana that you believe exist out there!
david

Cairo, WV

#16 May 31, 2012
Oklahoma isn't a dustbowl. In fact the north east part of the state is similiar to west virginia - green and hilly with lots of trees.
APPLE BUTTER

West Union, WV

#17 May 31, 2012
and you are so wrong about Oklahoma , I was there not long ago and my friend lives on the Indian RES and I was showen what Halliburton and others did to the land like they are doing to WV now !! SO shut your mouth and maybe take a trip and get off the History Channel and get a EYES on view. Get out of west union now and then, Most of you still belive what grandfather shoved down your throats as the word of GOD ! which when we grow up we find was nothing more then an old wise tail !! YES DUMB is the order of the day in Doddridge County WV, KEEP believing in the tooth fairy and santa and poop in one hand and wish in the other and see what you have !!
You need to get out of the back roads now and then and shop and save is not travel ??
A response to you

Weston, WV

#18 May 31, 2012
Dear Mr Butter ---- How many trips do YOU make out of your home in a year???/ DO you have an electric car???? Do you make multiple trips to C-Burg pr P-Burg to purchase items that can be purchased at a later time when you have more theings to buy????

How do you heat your home -- Free GAs ???/ Is it insulated???? Do you have thermal windows????

DO you turn off and unplug every electric appliance when you leave your home?????

My point here is that OUR (yes OUR) lifestyle has led us to the point that we either completely go off the grid and protect our environment or we begin to work (not give over) but work with those who are feeding the need that we have created for more energy!

(OR you can move some where that is the environmental nirvana that you believe exist somewhere out there!)
Stop the thieves

United States

#19 May 31, 2012
Truckers Accused of stealing Sun Valley PSD water, thousands of gallons from a small WV town. Billions of dollars made in the industry and they steal water from the hydrants in a small WV town. What is wrong with this picture.

Toxic chemicals used in the process. Drinking water that lights with a match after the drilling and fracking, people getting sick, doctors wanting more research done because of the sickness near the well sites, what is wrong with this picture folks?

The oil and gas industry will ruin this state. We will become a toxic wasteland in my opinion. Not enough regulations, not enough inspectors and lots of greed. Money Talks and we will suffer, Just wait and see what this state will be like in 10 years down the road.
ROb

United States

#20 May 31, 2012
Water stolen, the loss of thousands and thousands of gallons of water from our rivers and streams, and where is all the toxic waste going? Has this been regulated? Is water testing done on a regular basis at the sites where all the water is being removed? Is residual waste being pumped back into our waterways? How will our evironment and natural resources suffer at the cost of big industry?

WV officials need to take a lesson from Vermont. Of course greed will cloud common sense. What a sad time for WV.
APPLE BUTTER

West Union, WV

#21 May 31, 2012
There are many other ways to get our homes fixed with lights and what ever , we have what it takes to do this! But big money and back room deals have taken us and our land.ITS not the driver or the guy who works hard all day long,its the corp's who
want to turn a profit to get a big kick back check and they think that they will be DEAD when all the bad crap comes to light and thats to bad for us, but they are going to live large as long as they can till the partys is over and then let the courts settle it in 50 yrs down the raod !!SO the old saying is this,Do you stop the bad guy before he gets into your home?? OR do you wait till he is inside your home to do Damage ??
I have a SCOPE on my weapon for a reason !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doddridge County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Todd Sat wiener 4
choc labs in doddridge county (Oct '09) Nov '17 Doggone 17
DC Independent (Oct '15) Oct '17 ILoveWV 15
Stealing from family & government Sep '17 Homeboy 10
News Industrial Home for Youth (Jun '10) Sep '17 Maybe 71
DC Fair 2017 Aug '17 Pedro 3
Doddridge Commission 5/20/2014 (May '14) Jun '17 the rock 51
More from around the web