WV DEP thumbs nose at county commissi...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rambling man

Coronado, CA

#21 Jul 14, 2012
Furthermore, EQT never applied for a permit for the permanent structures that would be located on the site after the drilling is completed. I wonder why that hasn't been mentioned or if it is even an issue.
rambling man

Coronado, CA

#22 Jul 14, 2012
real quick - substitute "pits" for "pools"

And as to the comment that the permit did not apply to the other 11 wells...the Doddridge permit was for the well pad that all 12 wells were to be located. It does not state whether it was for one or all the wells. It's just states it was for the well pad and the pits. Further, the floodplain permit application was submitted prior to the issuance of any of the WVDEP permits (in fact the applications for the DEP permits and the Doddridge permit were all basically submitted at the same time).
rambling man

Coronado, CA

#23 Jul 14, 2012
last thing - i don't even understand how eqt expects to be able to get the trucks to and from the site. that road is extremely narrow.
FYI

Weston, WV

#24 Jul 14, 2012
Professer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Again, anyone with any common sense wants quick efficient medical service. The DCAA provides that. Yes, it has a cost but myself and most others are willing to pay that cost.
After the complait that waas filed @ the Commission meeting and letter to the editor in this past week's newspaper don't you believe that you would start by cleaning up the FIRST mess the Commission made -- the 911 mess -- TEN YEARs and THEY STILL DON'T HAVE the MAPPING CORRECT FOZR THE COUNTY????

I believe it was said @ the time the DCAA was being considered that delays were taking place due to the 911 center giving incorrect locations ----- So WHY didn't the Commission begin by cleaning up their OWN MESS 1st!!!!
Guitar Man

United States

#25 Jul 14, 2012
Professer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Again, anyone with any common sense wants quick efficient medical service. The DCAA provides that. Yes, it has a cost but myself and most others are willing to pay that cost.
Hahahahaa don't be so fast to say "quick efficient" I've heard more than once ..in fact on many occasions that the DCAA ambulance was riding around in circles trying to find a patient's location becuase they weren't familiar with the roads in Doddridge.

and you say "most others" ??? don't think so. Would love to see a county-wide vote on whether or not people want the dcaa. Especially if they had any clue just how much it has cost the county in dollars to start and run it. I would say the reaction from most citizens would be "why didn't they just give more money to dcems to fix what was assumed to be broke." one and 1/2 million tax payer dollars later many in the county are still scratching their heads over the stupid, reckless decision of the 3 amigos. And the fact that it is "two down and one to go" ought to tell you that in no uncertain terms ...we voted them out because of their stupid decision!
Quiet Observer

United States

#26 Jul 14, 2012
There seems to be two different discussions on this thread.... that of the eqt flood plain issue and DEP going ahead and giving the permits ... and the other discussion on DCAA spending. Weird. Perhaps there should be another thread started for that! How easily we go off in different directions. LOL
True Blue

West Union, WV

#27 Jul 15, 2012
I understand that Judge Sweeney is holding a hearing on the Huff Farm Flood Plain Permit that Jerry Evans signed and then signed a letter rescinding it. Anyone know the date and time?
FYI

Weston, WV

#28 Jul 15, 2012
Have heard Aug 14 --- 9am ----
Cindy Lou Who

United States

#29 Jul 16, 2012
Have heard talk that this EQT ruling will be a big factor in Sweeney's political campaign as far as whether or not he protects people in the path of flood plain if he pulls the same stunt as the DEP did in issuing all 12 of the permits for the meadow. but is he even running against someone or is he unopposed? Still, I hope he does the right thing because the citiznes of the county will not forget if he doesn't protect them from losing flood insurance eligibility. this mess sure has gotten crazy. wonder how many other wells went through while no one was looking?
FYI

Weston, WV

#30 Jul 16, 2012
He is running against Ira Haught -- Republican -- Ritchie County
independent voter

United States

#31 Jul 18, 2012
Well I bet I know how Haught would rule. He's made a fortune on gas leases so wouldn't give a hoot about protecting landowners from a flood plain -- nope. He'd want to take care of his gas company buddies. look into his business deals before you blindly vote your party oh yee who are members of the republican party.
Ron Barnes

Newark, DE

#32 Jul 19, 2012
Quiet Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad thing is that as you say "the big boys" are getting a lot more from their Marcellus. Most of the people living in Doddridge do not have a clue what is coming down the pike with all the proposed wells and already permitted well sites there are in this county not yet started.
It is the industrialization of rural Doddridge Counties. Those ignorant of the difference that fracking a marcellus brings compared to just a conventional shallow vertical well are about to have a rude awakening.
These companies operating here now are the "big boys" as you say. They aren't the local ma and pa drillers that we had here before with their kids in 4-h with our kids.
These out of state multi-national, multi-billion dollar companies hold those leases now and they don't give a sh*t about the health, safety, quality of life, or property values of the surface owners they drill on.
These well heads are pumping out 75K or more a day in natural gas from EACH well head. Yet are the people of WV seeing any genuine improvement in our lives aside from local restaurants selling a few extra burgers, or campgrounds and hotel rooms getting more busines from the out-of-state workers these drillers bring in here with them? All WV gets is some temporary truck driving jobs hauling water or brine, a few bulldozer operators and such.
When the companies are done drilling here and pull out with their billion dollars of profits (gas being sold to China, by the way) we will still be a damn welfare state, but also be dealing with people sick from well water contamination, breathing the chemicals exposed to us in the air from fracking ponds evaporating, venting wells and compressor station emissions.
Rural PA, where they've been drilling for 5 years ahead of us, is already seeing the health and quality of life impacts coming out in the news. All one needs to do is research what is being reported from those already heavily fracked areas in PA to see what is in store for Doddridge.
Well, I can't take it any longer...... I was told to check out this sight by a friend when I was visiting and taking care of some things in Dodd. co. Like a dumby, I did. I grew up there and now I live in Pa. I have seen a lot of progress and a lot of money made all around me here in central Pa. Most of it, thanks to the oil and gas people. I have a full time job, and work part time for a pipeline and trucking company. I haul fresh water most of the time and it is still treated like you are hauling some nasty deadly crap...... that is a joke. we spend a lot of time training for safety and no spills and snakes and driving slow and on and on and on. the roads I have traveled on to and from the locations are in better shape than they have ever been. They are constantly working on them to keep them safe and fixed up. Damn Gas companies.another joke..... That is a trickle down thing for a lot of people. I have friends, not just hear say and made up people, that are making good money thanks to the oil and gas ind. Tractor and equipment dealers having better years than ever from sales to these people and the people that support the ind. small business owners that are doing ten times the work they used to do. Stone quarries and black top companies that can't hardly keep up with the demand. Well I could ramble on here for an hour, but I'm not going to. Just wanted to chime in and say I'm thankful that I am able and willing to work and that there are still jobs out there for a guy like me. I hope the people in Doddridge county get out there and get you some of this work that is coming in to your town. Take advantage of it. I don't get back home as often as I would like to but I love it when I do. Every time I'm there I get to talk to good old friends and neighbors. Some of the best people I have ever known. I will not be a regular on this forum. Can't stand all the bull crap from the end of the world people. Look for me in town. talk later. Ron
living on a dusty road

Washington, DC

#34 Jul 21, 2012
Hey Ron Barnes---you say you haul fresh water most of time. Good to hear. Guess the guy who was supposedly hauling fresh water on Broad Run a month ago when he was spraying the road for dust control was hauling fresh water too -- NOT !!!!
He sprayed fracking fluid on the road.
Maybe in PA you are lucky and the industry is better than what they are doing to the poor people in Doddridge who don't know the difference or their rights. WV is the 2nd richest state for natural resourc --coal lumber oil and gas, So why is the standard of living so poor here??!!! Because the leases 80% are owned by absentee mineral owners. they don't live here so they DONT care what they do the landowners. And your gas and oil boom that has you holding 3 jobs may be good or you now--but after the companies rake in their billions to sell gas to china- and they pull out of here--WV will still be a welfare state and you won't have a job anymore. and the business owners that are raking it in now with temporary boost in hotel room rentals and burger sales at the diners will be back in a slump after they leave. We NEED something more permanent. If the lawmakers would have higher taxes on those minerals since the money is being taken out of state with 80% absentee ownership we should be doing something to KEEP it here in WV --too bad you can't see past that temporary paycheck
FYI

Weston, WV

#35 Jul 21, 2012
Tell me this -- how many of those 80% ABSENTEE MINERAL OWNERS pay taxes for their mineral interest?

And whose fault is it that they aren't taxed????

You go into the courthouse with a well number and ask the Assessor's Office who owns the minerals and they tell you that they cannot say ---- That they don't know --- Which is BS because each peraon that is paid royalties is turned in on a production report that the assessor has in his office!

And think about this --- Aunt Susie was made agent of Grandpa and Grandma's royalty interest when they died. She is to to recieve the royalty from the well for all 10 of her brothers and sisters --- She is dead now --- still taxed as the sole owner -- the o & G Companies are escrowing the money from the well -- This family is taxed a minum tax ONE time when there are 50 owners -- HOW MANY TAX DOLLARS ARE WE LOOSING?????

(And you understand that all the assessor would have to do is send his handy dandy employees to the records room to research the new leases and then he would KNOW who was claiming ownrship and be able to tax the other 49 owners!)
Ron Barnes

Tremont, PA

#36 Jul 21, 2012
living on a dusty road wrote:
Hey Ron Barnes---you say you haul fresh water most of time. Good to hear. Guess the guy who was supposedly hauling fresh water on Broad Run a month ago when he was spraying the road for dust control was hauling fresh water too -- NOT !!!!
He sprayed fracking fluid on the road.
Maybe in PA you are lucky and the industry is better than what they are doing to the poor people in Doddridge who don't know the difference or their rights. WV is the 2nd richest state for natural resourc --coal lumber oil and gas, So why is the standard of living so poor here??!!! Because the leases 80% are owned by absentee mineral owners. they don't live here so they DONT care what they do the landowners. And your gas and oil boom that has you holding 3 jobs may be good or you now--but after the companies rake in their billions to sell gas to china- and they pull out of here--WV will still be a welfare state and you won't have a job anymore. and the business owners that are raking it in now with temporary boost in hotel room rentals and burger sales at the diners will be back in a slump after they leave. We NEED something more permanent. If the lawmakers would have higher taxes on those minerals since the money is being taken out of state with 80% absentee ownership we should be doing something to KEEP it here in WV --too bad you can't see past that temporary paycheck
Yep...... Sit rite there on your butt and gripe. I just got my taxes for my land in Wv. I'm gonna pay them on time so some out of state guy can't come to the court house and buy my mineral rites for a couple hundred bucks...... Also, the part time jobs I do on top of my full time job is for the little extra things my family wants to do. So, when we want to go on vacation or I want to buy something I don't NEED, I don't go into dept to do so. i know I'm not normal for being dept free and all, but it sure feels good not owing anyone a dime. Takes a lot of stress of of your mind. live within your meens and work hard. That seems to pay off most of the time. When my part time job dries up, I'll go get another if I want. Work is out there for the people willing to do it. So, I will be coming back home there as often as I can to see all my good friends and family. Good luck with your regulations that are not working. I would not wait around for the government to fix things. Their track record in my eyes is not very good. hope for your sake some things get taken care of. Keep smiling and keep working hard. It will pay off someday. Ron...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doddridge County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tax Fraud Jul 16 Concerned citizen 4
Time to Move On Jul 16 Townie 8
Mineral and oil rights. Who to sell to? Jun '16 Nancy chipps 1
County Commission Jun '16 What is wrong 60
election May '16 Tax Dollars wasted 14
Board of Education Election (Feb '14) Apr '16 bean counter 66
DC Independent (Oct '15) Apr '16 Bulldog 12
More from around the web