Emergency plans in Doddridge ??

Posted in the Doddridge County Forum

Apple Butter

Pennsboro, WV

#1 Jul 6, 2012
What has been done to help the people in Doddridge Co who have no electric and water and most of the comforts we are used to having from day to day ?
Has the EMS and Fire dept and other such groups going door to door to check on the people in town ?
And if so then thats GREAT !
Poster

Weston, WV

#2 Jul 6, 2012
Don't know about door to door check ---- Was reported that water and ice could be picked up @ WU VFD ---- Cooling stations and showers @ McClellan and WU VFD ---

Do also know emergency plan non-existant when last OES Director left his office after 6 years of being paid to have one in place --- Heard New OES Director of ONE MONTH reported @ Commission Mtg has DRAFT PLAN in hand and showed it to them ----

HAve heard that only a FEW of the VFDS have worked with the communities meeting their citizen's needs --- supposedly they are worried about money ----

Commission hasn't met ---- WHO KNOWS?????
Well Well

Barnesville, OH

#3 Jul 6, 2012
WUVFD, GREENWOOD AND McCELLAN were all helping and had cooling areas. Don't have any idea about Bancs, Smithburg.
Poster

Weston, WV

#4 Jul 6, 2012
Read where Smithburg had handed out ICE and water ---

But --- when it came time to fight the Brush Fire @ McClellan's dist --- WUVFD assisted McClellan ---
Citizen

Vienna, WV

#5 Jul 7, 2012
Tis true... the interim OES director has done more in one single month on the job to have things in place to deal with this emergency than ol' "rollin' Roland" did in six dag gone years of being paid to do it!!!!
Apple Butter

Pennsboro, WV

#6 Jul 7, 2012
YES, Good old Roland ! Mr I know everything and if I dont know it,then it didnt need to be Knowen !! What a Farce and what a payroll thief he was !! And got away with it !!
Pam Swiger

Fairmont, WV

#8 Jul 8, 2012
I live in McClellan Dist. and have to give a huge thanks to our fire chief Leon, to Butch Sandora, Bobby Holly and all others. I was delivered drinking water and ice. God bless you and thanks!
Wolfpack

Pennsboro, WV

#9 Jul 9, 2012
Poster wrote:
Read where Smithburg had handed out ICE and water ---
But --- when it came time to fight the Brush Fire @ McClellan's dist --- WUVFD assisted McClellan ---
Where were the rest of the VFDs? We sure has heck don't need brush fires getting out of hand!!
Apple Butter

Pennsboro, WV

#10 Jul 9, 2012
And yes ,THANKS to those who have helped others from their heart and all the EMS and Fire Depts that did what they could ..
DCAA

Morgantown, WV

#11 Jul 9, 2012
Wolfpack wrote:
<quoted text>Where were the rest of the VFDs? We sure has heck don't need brush fires getting out of hand!!
DCAA has over 1000 pounds of ice melting in 20 pound bags, if you can use any of it, just stop by the DCAA, 88 Nicholson Road, Smithburg, just off Rt 50. This was contributed by Tyler County OEMS.
Concerned

Charleston, WV

#12 Jul 9, 2012
Does anyone know which areas still don't have electric. Maybe volunteers can take the ice to those areas. If people don't have electric, they may not know it's available.
Citizen

Barnesville, OH

#13 Jul 9, 2012
Concerned wrote:
Does anyone know which areas still don't have electric. Maybe volunteers can take the ice to those areas. If people don't have electric, they may not know it's available.
I've heard certain areas of Greenwood and toward Tyler. And New Milton still has a lot of people out. And Doddridge Park is still out. Amazing that this is taking so long. It's as if the state has totally ignored sending any real help to Doddridge. That should tell you how the powers in the state view us. LOL
Concerned

Charleston, WV

#14 Jul 9, 2012
If you look at the power outages throughout the State, Doddridge certainly isn't the only county taking a long time. Some of these jobs take hours and only get 10-20 houses on. When you have in excess of 20,000 without power and you're fixing 10 to 20 or even 50 at a time, it takes awhile.
Wolfpack

Pennsboro, WV

#16 Jul 9, 2012
DCAA wrote:
<quoted text>
DCAA has over 1000 pounds of ice melting in 20 pound bags, if you can use any of it, just stop by the DCAA, 88 Nicholson Road, Smithburg, just off Rt 50. This was contributed by Tyler County OEMS.
'Cuse me - are you suggesting that one could put the ice on brush fires? Look up "non sequitur", chum.
County

Clarksburg, WV

#17 Jul 18, 2012
I know that most the Fire/EMS have been helping with what they got an can do this is the latest numbers of people with out power still sure hope that they are going around the county to see if they can find people with out power an help them out how ever they can!!

WBOY 12News

As of 5:55 p.m., there are 7,573 West Virginian's without power, according to the MonPower website.

Barbour 135 customers / 2%
Doddridge 110 customers / 3%
Gilmer 203 customers / 5%
Harrison 10 customers / <1%
Lewis 115 customers / 1%
Marion 1,572 customers / 5%
Monongalia 146 customers / <1%
Preston <5 customers / <1%
Randolph <5 customers / <1%
Taylor 5 customers / <1%
Tucker 0 customers / <1%
Upshur 385 customers / 3%
Webster 124 customers / 2%
FYI

Weston, WV

#18 Jul 18, 2012
Power out due to a tree down on Rt 23 ---- Co 4 called out earlier ----

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Doddridge County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Long term debt Mar 23 Big Blue 8
Doddridge County Commission Mar 21 lemon 34
The Doddridge Independent Mar 19 Sittin home a wat... 16
Narcissistic Commissioner Out of Control Mar 12 NOT so Dumb in DC 15
DCEMS to the RESCUE Mar 3 voter 4
Rt 23 Teacher under investigation? Mar 2 voter 4
The Harold Rag (Jun '14) Mar 1 DC Astute 81
More from around the web