Ten Commandments fight comes to Florida

Ten Commandments fight comes to Florida

There are 2 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Aug 12, 2011, titled Ten Commandments fight comes to Florida. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

CROSS CITY, Fla. -- The folks who live in this sparsely populated rural region along Florida's upper west coast don't like outsiders butting in, especially when it comes to their religious beliefs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

Daniel C Driver

Williston, FL

#1 Sep 3, 2011
This has nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with obeying the Creator.
Tamerlane

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Sep 6, 2011
Daniel C Driver wrote:
This has nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with obeying the Creator.
I understand these words, but this post makes no sense.

Anyhow -

That part of Florida has an unfortunate and long-standing tradition of flouting the law.

I spent some time in Federal court in Gainesville over it. Dixie County is especially bad.

I guess they'll have to pay a few more millions in fines from civil rights suits and have a few more dozen local officials residing in Coleman FCI before they learn their lesson, eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dixie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fla. meth case involves 3 generations of 1 family (Feb '12) Apr '15 Crazy Jae 30
News Atheists sue Florida County to remove Ten Comma... (May '12) Dec '13 Strel 193
News Atheist group claims monument of Ten Commandmen... (Jun '12) Sep '12 jan tetstone 94
News ACLU dealt setback in suit over biblical monument (Aug '12) Sep '12 Strel 53
News Ten Commandments Suit (Mar '07) Sep '12 Strel 188
News Federal Judge: Commandments Must Go (Jul '11) Sep '12 Strel 34
News Cross City Residents Rally To Save Ten Commandm... (Nov '11) Sep '12 Strel 60
More from around the web