Augusta Supervisors Hold Public Heari...

Augusta Supervisors Hold Public Hearing on Proposed Tax Hike

There are 3 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Apr 16, 2013, titled Augusta Supervisors Hold Public Hearing on Proposed Tax Hike. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Augusta County is getting close to a move that it has not made in over 20 years - an increase in its real estate tax rate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Jerry

Washington, DC

#1 Apr 17, 2013
Here we go again, same old bull crap, the school board goes crying to the BOS and cries they need more money and to rause the tax rate up. Seems they had pre planned for this to happen, going to the BOS and telling them how to get 2.5 million they need to run on. Why can't they live of a budget just like everyone does. No, they cant they look at the tax payer as an open bank account, need a new bus, lets raise it by sticking it to us, the Augusta Co tax payer. I for one, pay the county $2700.00 a year, for a car and truck and house and land. And I understand that the money goes to them to run the school and water and sewer and Social Ser. and that's it nothing else, no road repairs, which we need badly. And I do not have any kids in school. But for the School board to go to the BOS now, during a recession and the way that the economy is and after the real estate valves are falling all around this country, is just plan right out stupid and they should have their brains ( if they have one) checked. I'm so sick of everytime the school needs something \all they say is raise taxes. Live off a budget donkey.like the rest of us do. If they SB, was smart they would have planned better and saved a little money for the hard times. I'm not an open bank account for the county to come too, every time they need something. Times are hard and we all live of a certain amount of money every month, and hopefully we can put some away in a saving account for later. But most people, can not do that now. Wake the hell up, tell the SB to learn to operate off what they county gives you and be happy. Yes, Augusat Co, does have a very low tax rate. That's something to be happy about. Not raise everytime you need a new computer. Plan better and save money. If the county does raise its rate, I know it will be because the BOS, dos not have the guts to tell the school board to plan better and learn to make it off the millions they already get every year from us, the tax payer. I have a big barn on my land, that I pay about $600.00 a year for in taxes, and if they raise the rate, I will be tearing down that building and a couple more that I do not need or want, they cost to much to repair all the time, since I don't use them anymore, so the county will be getting way over $700.00 less from me., Stop coming to me for more money, live with in your budget.... like we all do. Tell the board the well is DRY..
Old Codger

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Apr 18, 2013
No taxes for schools! Make the kids walk to school like we did. Uphill, both ways! No more quill pens for them either! Make them bring their own!
just a idea

Silver Spring, MD

#4 Apr 18, 2013
Jerry wrote:
Here we go again, same old bull crap, the school board goes crying to the BOS and cries they need more money and to rause the tax rate up. Seems they had pre planned for this to happen, going to the BOS and telling them how to get 2.5 million they need to run on. Why can't they live of a budget just like everyone does. No, they cant they look at the tax payer as an open bank account, need a new bus, lets raise it by sticking it to us, the Augusta Co tax payer. I for one, pay the county $2700.00 a year, for a car and truck and house and land. And I understand that the money goes to them to run the school and water and sewer and Social Ser. and that's it nothing else, no road repairs, which we need badly. And I do not have any kids in school. But for the School board to go to the BOS now, during a recession and the way that the economy is and after the real estate valves are falling all around this country, is just plan right out stupid and they should have their brains ( if they have one) checked. I'm so sick of everytime the school needs something \all they say is raise taxes. Live off a budget donkey.like the rest of us do. If they SB, was smart they would have planned better and saved a little money for the hard times. I'm not an open bank account for the county to come too, every time they need something. Times are hard and we all live of a certain amount of money every month, and hopefully we can put some away in a saving account for later. But most people, can not do that now. Wake the hell up, tell the SB to learn to operate off what they county gives you and be happy. Yes, Augusat Co, does have a very low tax rate. That's something to be happy about. Not raise everytime you need a new computer. Plan better and save money. If the county does raise its rate, I know it will be because the BOS, dos not have the guts to tell the school board to plan better and learn to make it off the millions they already get every year from us, the tax payer. I have a big barn on my land, that I pay about $600.00 a year for in taxes, and if they raise the rate, I will be tearing down that building and a couple more that I do not need or want, they cost to much to repair all the time, since I don't use them anymore, so the county will be getting way over $700.00 less from me., Stop coming to me for more money, live with in your budget.... like we all do. Tell the board the well is DRY..
Seems to me that you like to give away your money to the county if you are willing to tear them down and they are not worth anything.I bet they would take any of your donations for the schools if you are that rich.Better yet Iam willing to take any money donations that you want to give away. Have a nice day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dinwiddie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Video Shows Sheriff Using Racial Slur During In... (Oct '15) Jun '16 Honest Lawenforce... 7
Dinwiddie Sheriff's Race - 2015 (Jun '15) Jan '16 Honest Lawenforce... 36
News Former Dinwiddie deputy indicted for accused ab... (Jul '15) Dec '15 Immature 8
News Sheriff's Association Criticizes Use of Slur Du... (Oct '15) Nov '15 Truth 4
News Dinwiddie Sheriff's deputy injured during traff... (Jul '14) Sep '15 Ford 5
News Former Dinwiddie Deputy Charged with Incest wit... (Apr '14) Sep '15 Karma 14
dusty rhoads got a dui? (Sep '09) Aug '15 escapee 5
More from around the web