Possible Tornado Hits Carrizo Springs

Possible Tornado Hits Carrizo Springs

There are 21 comments on the KQXT-FM San Antonio story from Jun 27, 2012, titled Possible Tornado Hits Carrizo Springs. In it, KQXT-FM San Antonio reports that:

An apparent tornado slammed into Carrizo Springs, in Dimmit County southwest of San Antonio, early this morning, 1200 WOAI news reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KQXT-FM San Antonio.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lol

United States

#1 Jun 27, 2012
Hope no one was hurt..
Service

Sebastian, TX

#2 Jun 27, 2012
Liars!! There was 4000 people on the street today. The are way off in their numbers.
News flash

Sonora, TX

#3 Jun 27, 2012
My family works in that area.
There was some kind of storm there that uprooted trees and tore up mobile homes.. Turned over some RV's!
No reports of injuries though!
Service wrote:
Liars!! There was 4000 people on the street today. The are way off in their numbers.
Service

United States

#4 Jun 27, 2012
Still bad damage though.. no sirens or anything. I was watching the storm roll in. I woke up from a dead sleep to the lightning going crazy outside my house. Luckily it didn't wake my children because I was scared. Craziness! Carrizo was is in no way ready for a real disaster compare to this small storm. We would be demolished! Where is our management and maintenance??
how dare you

San Antonio, TX

#5 Jun 27, 2012
hey, Dont bother our fine distinguished officials in the middle of the night! the sirens will only be used on the mayors birthday, on the city managers anniversory, or when roy ortiz says its ok! how dare you expect these astute leaders to establish communication with you mere "peasants"!
air force 1

Muldoon, TX

#6 Jun 27, 2012
pinche pueblo bicicletero if anything that tornado did nothing but good the citizens and cops and everyone that lives there need to realy take charge and clean that town up i dont know how they can live in that slum clean the town up get rid of the bad people and start new
black smoke

United States

#7 Jun 27, 2012
Some funny stuff.that's what happens when you over charge people.maybe it will come back and take the rest of the town out.
News flash

Sonora, TX

#8 Jun 27, 2012
black smoke wrote:
Some funny stuff.that's what happens when you over charge people.maybe it will come back and take the rest of the town out.
Amen!
Since there are more people working there...
It's outrageous what prices there are there!
From rent to food!
Hell in a handbasket

San Angelo, TX

#9 Jun 27, 2012
I have it understood there were no injuries. The power lines are being restored. Look folks, if you are not happy with your elected officials. You have the right to elect new ones; but your bottom needs to get off the couch and actually go vote for the person you feel will do the job. Not because he's your "compadre" or "drinking buddy". Ask for accountability; if they can not justify ever expense, elect someone who can give you accountability. Your responsible too.
Serious Situation

San Antonio, TX

#10 Jun 27, 2012
Some of these comments frankly are horrible. There were Tornadic winds that took roofs off, up rooted very old trees by it's roots, power lines down downtown buildings damaged, the entire back porch area of one of our homes was pulled off like a tin can and thrown in street missing the neighbors house by 1ft. This was a very serious storm that caused wide spread damage. So let's stick to the facts rather than the gossip. I will agree the area is not ready for a large scale disaster but those men worked their butts off today to get the roads cleared and power back on! It's funny how people who do not live in the area or have family there or property can comment about things they know nothing about!
cuanto

Muldoon, TX

#11 Jun 27, 2012
Hell in a handbasket wrote:
I have it understood there were no injuries. The power lines are being restored. Look folks, if you are not happy with your elected officials. You have the right to elect new ones; but your bottom needs to get off the couch and actually go vote for the person you feel will do the job. Not because he's your "compadre" or "drinking buddy". Ask for accountability; if they can not justify ever expense, elect someone who can give you accountability. Your responsible too.
Cuanto? Are you willing to pay for new officals? The main problem in this town is most of the votes go to the candiate that pays the most. If another comes along he or she aint got a chance in winning. I use to vote but stopped once I personally witness the dirt part of it. Im hispanic and I am truly ashamed of how the hispanic do all the wrong in this town (especially ROY ORTIZ he even steals from his own church!). It was better off when the white had the ropes they atleast helped the town.
Hell in a handbasket

San Angelo, TX

#12 Jun 28, 2012
Cuanto: I know... I've seen it and trust me I know how carrizo and it's "it's who you know; not what you know" works. Skin color means nothing to me. Brown, Black, White. All folks deserve to be treated with fairness... Your elected officials owe you and carrizo at least that much
Re: the storm...
I'm glad nobody was hurt. I Do have family in carrizo.
techie

San Antonio, TX

#14 Jun 28, 2012
well you know the video that was made about the filthy streets set an example of the power people now have over these unscrupulous elected officials. Fox news was here because of it, and these leaders were under the microscope because of fox. People, we are no longer in the 1900's
what happen

Corpus Christi, TX

#15 Jun 28, 2012
cuanto wrote:
<quoted text>Cuanto? Are you willing to pay for new officals? The main problem in this town is most of the votes go to the candiate that pays the most. If another comes along he or she aint got a chance in winning. I use to vote but stopped once I personally witness the dirt part of it. Im hispanic and I am truly ashamed of how the hispanic do all the wrong in this town (especially ROY ORTIZ he even steals from his own church!). It was better off when the white had the ropes they atleast helped the town.
I have to agree with you, it so true that ever since the raza took over the city and the county it became { PUEBLO CHICO INFIERNO GRANDE } election days come and go and yet no matter who you vote for, the same people always win. I think voting just became a waste of time cuz this officials for some reason know they will not be remove from office. We were alot better off when anglos were in office at least they had the city clean the streets were alot better, ever since we have raza our city streets look like chinesse checkers pot holes every where and they just cover them. when will we have new city officials that cares about carrizo not $$$$$$$
what happen

Corpus Christi, TX

#16 Jun 28, 2012
how dare you wrote:
hey, Dont bother our fine distinguished officials in the middle of the night! the sirens will only be used on the mayors birthday, on the city managers anniversory, or when roy ortiz says its ok! how dare you expect these astute leaders to establish communication with you mere "peasants"!
This is so true. next anniversary beware of the siren lol . forget about a possible tornado that is not as important as the Alcalde Birthday.
alert

San Antonio, TX

#17 Jun 28, 2012
Lets all pich in so that Mario martinez can get a degree, even if its at carreer point!
hospital

United States

#18 Jun 28, 2012
Did the hospital get hit hard. We used to live there.
yep
#19 Jul 1, 2012
black smoke wrote:
Its a shame hw ignorant nd selfish u really sound.
yep
#20 Jul 1, 2012
News flash wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
Since there are more people working there...
It's outrageous what prices there are there!
From rent to food!
I agree wit u on dat, but only on da high prices on evrythng. But I truely disagree on having ppl gettn hurt. Now u sound ignorant 2!
Richard

Iowa, LA

#21 Jul 2, 2012
How did a tornadoe up root trees down there I never seen a tree in that part of country

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dimmit County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gonzales vs. Ponce Feb '16 Adult 2
News Undocumented immigrants held captive and tortured (May '14) May '14 ronnie 16
News Tropical Trail group visits Carrizo Springs (Oct '12) Oct '12 romney 1
Eagle Ford Shale Oil Boom (Dec '11) Dec '11 Pioneer Wealth Ma... 1
News Boomtown today, sin city tomorrow? (Aug '11) Aug '11 WoW 4
News Woman awarded $115,000 in sex abuse case (May '09) Dec '09 Eagle 55
News Dysentery on the rise in S. Texas counties (Jun '08) Jun '08 SIEMPRE Tuya 3
More from around the web