Tennessee deputy dies a day after being shot in head

Jun 7, 2011 Full story: Newswatch 50

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Authorities say a Tennessee sheriff's deputy has died at a Nashville hospital a day after he was shot by a man who then fatally shot himself.Deputy Richard 'Keith' Bellar died at 7:45 a.m. Tuesday at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.

Read more
Bill

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 Jun 7, 2011
As a former police officer, I can relate all too well to this story and the tragic outcome. I offer my sincere condolences to each and every member of his family and pray that someday, with God's help, they can know some level of peace and happiness - they have a long, painful road ahead.
Bonnie

Nashville, TN

#2 Jun 9, 2011
Being a small town like Dickson, the sadness is that voilence has once again take the lives of loved ones in this community. This officer was simpley doing his job trying to help what he thought was an auto accident. Sadness is that two people died due to this and that hundreds are left to suffer on both sides. The family of the shooter who certainly is blamless for what has happened and more certainly the family of the fallen officer who was doing his job. We will be praying for both families of this horrible incident, praying for understanding, forgiveness and love. Please people of Dickson County, keep both families in your prayers, also try to reach out to others in this community that you may know are in need of help, with a kind word, a little understanding, even words of encouragement, so that maybe this type of tragic event will not ever be repeated but dirvited.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dickson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Holley new Dickson city judge (Aug '06) Feb '15 Blah crocked 6
News Father shot during scuffle with kids' stepfather (Nov '12) Jan '15 Interested 59
Dickson County Music Thread (Sep '13) Nov '14 Musikologist 6
News TDOT delays I-40 improvements in Madison County Oct '14 Flustrated 1
News Father, son in Erin charged with having inappro... (Jul '14) Aug '14 some erin chick 12
News Domestic Violence Month is sobering reminder of... (Oct '08) Apr '14 Jessica 2
Tommy Lee (Mar '14) Mar '14 Not from round here 1
More from around the web