Four arrests made in teen death on railroad tracks

Oct 1, 2008 Full story: The Tennessean 13

Four people have been arrested and charged in connection with the Sept. 20 death of a teenage boy on railroad tracks in Burns.

Full Story
Brittany

Mount Juliet, TN

#1 Oct 5, 2008
this should not have happened someone could have got him off or to begin with they shouldn't put him their that was uncalled for
In the know

Dickson, TN

#2 Oct 5, 2008
He was already dead. 15 years old partying with adults, drugs. and all we hear is how much his family and friends loved him.
Why was he on drugs, where were they.
thumper

Dickson, TN

#3 Oct 6, 2008
In the know wrote:
He was already dead. 15 years old partying with adults, drugs. and all we hear is how much his family and friends loved him.
Why was he on drugs, where were they.
In the know??? Do you have teenagers?? Have you never been pulled in by peer pressure?? No? well then good for you!!! Caleb was a good boy! This was a tragic lesson for all involved including Caleb. He didn't go with the intent and purpose to do drugs, he went with supposed friends to someones home, I PERSONALLY knew Caleb and this was his first and unfortunatly his only experiance with drugs.. Caleb was a fun loving boy filled with love and a smile for everyone. He Loved his family and he loved his Lord Jesus!!
So don't go sitting in judgement on Caleb or his family.He always put others before himself, he was respectful to his elders and his parents and he didn't even deserve what was done to him..
Before you post comments like this trash, go look in the mirror and check where your kids are every second and who they're friends are. Then come back and say something.. This is just anial!!!!
In the know

Dickson, TN

#4 Oct 6, 2008
Yes I do. 19 years old and I knew where he was at night. For certain never let him at 15 go to a party of that type. How do you know it was his first? It always is, oh such a good guy. I have to admit I dont know this kid and I feel for his family, but all this crap on here about everyone else being at fault, give me a break. Where was his family? This was not at 9 pm when it happened. And yes I do know where my son was, because I am a responsible parent. No peer pressure never affected me or my son. He has principals.
thumper

Dickson, TN

#5 Oct 7, 2008
In the know wrote:
Yes I do. 19 years old and I knew where he was at night. For certain never let him at 15 go to a party of that type. How do you know it was his first? It always is, oh such a good guy. I have to admit I dont know this kid and I feel for his family, but all this crap on here about everyone else being at fault, give me a break. Where was his family? This was not at 9 pm when it happened. And yes I do know where my son was, because I am a responsible parent. No peer pressure never affected me or my son. He has principals.
Good for you that you have such a 'holier than thou' child and you've never done anything wrong.. Good for you that your child NEVER told you he was going one place and then went someplace else..
Just because a young person makes a mistake doesn't mean htey weren't loved OR that the perents were were bad or neglectful.. Caleb was an all star football player, he love the country life, he loved to fish, and spend time with his family, he loved Jesus and he loved others before himself. HE MADE A BAD ERROR IN JUDGEMENT TO TRUST A NEW FRIEND AND WENT TO A PARTY !!!!
The people who write on here, 95% of them DID KNOW Caleb and we know what type of person he was... We also know about JUDGEMENTAL, ANIAL PEOPLE LIKE YOU who try to desecrate a persons momory.. Go crawl back under your rock! You KNOW NOTHING except maybe how to criticize and stir up tempers!!!
thumper

Dickson, TN

#6 Oct 7, 2008
Just to clarify, there were some mis-spelled words in that last comment however I hope I got the point across..
I also forgot to address the " No peer pressure never affected me or my son" LOL sounds like he needs to get off the tit! And you need to cut tose ties.. I feel for his wife if he ever gets married..He'll either be a mama's boy or gay.( how does it feel to have your child slandered?) But that makes me no better than you... So, God Bless you if you've got such a perfect life.. Be careful though 'Pride goeth before the fall" and one day someone WILL knock your son off that pedestel you've got him on!
you think

Louisville, KY

#7 Oct 8, 2008
In the know wrote:
Yes I do. 19 years old and I knew where he was at night. For certain never let him at 15 go to a party of that type. How do you know it was his first? It always is, oh such a good guy. I have to admit I dont know this kid and I feel for his family, but all this crap on here about everyone else being at fault, give me a break. Where was his family? This was not at 9 pm when it happened. And yes I do know where my son was, because I am a responsible parent. No peer pressure never affected me or my son. He has principals.
I'm 24 years old. My mother, to this day, claims she knows where I was every night. She only thinks that because my friends and sometimes their parents would lie for us. Looking back, it was stupid, but you don't think like that when you are a teenager. You only think of "everyone else is doing it" or "think of how much fun this would be..." You don't really stop to think of what would happen if something went wrong. Just because you are a responsible parent doesn't mean you have a responsible child. You never know when they could be lying or scheming things. Some of the best students that I went to highschool with did worse things than I did. Usually the people who you didn't think were smoking weed, did. The people who you didn't think got drunk every weekend, did. You claim you never let your son go to a party of "that type".....I find this funny. Did he go to a party? Yes, then more than likely, it was that type. You let him spend the night a friends house? Yes? More than likely, it was "that type". No peer pressure ever affected you or your son. I truely find that hard to believe. You say that they are trying to put the blame on everyone else....If there were other adults at this party, then they needed to act like it. This kid is 15 years old, doesn't know what the heck he is doing. It's a sad sad story and for you to talk like that, like you are all high and mighty, and nothing will ever happen to your son b/c he is "responsible". I have one thing to say to you. Karma is a bitch and I pray it doesn't come to bite you in the ass.
thumper

Dickson, TN

#8 Oct 8, 2008
you think wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 24 years old. My mother, to this day, claims she knows where I was every night. She only thinks that because my friends and sometimes their parents would lie for us. Looking back, it was stupid, but you don't think like that when you are a teenager. You only think of "everyone else is doing it" or "think of how much fun this would be..." You don't really stop to think of what would happen if something went wrong. Just because you are a responsible parent doesn't mean you have a responsible child. You never know when they could be lying or scheming things. Some of the best students that I went to highschool with did worse things than I did. Usually the people who you didn't think were smoking weed, did. The people who you didn't think got drunk every weekend, did. You claim you never let your son go to a party of "that type".....I find this funny. Did he go to a party? Yes, then more than likely, it was that type. You let him spend the night a friends house? Yes? More than likely, it was "that type". No peer pressure ever affected you or your son. I truely find that hard to believe. You say that they are trying to put the blame on everyone else....If there were other adults at this party, then they needed to act like it. This kid is 15 years old, doesn't know what the heck he is doing. It's a sad sad story and for you to talk like that, like you are all high and mighty, and nothing will ever happen to your son b/c he is "responsible". I have one thing to say to you. Karma is a bitch and I pray it doesn't come to bite you in the ass.
I couldn't have said it better myself!!! Thank You, from the family and friends of Richard "Caleb' Stevens....
You know

Louisville, KY

#9 Oct 8, 2008
thumper wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't have said it better myself!!! Thank You, from the family and friends of Richard "Caleb' Stevens....
I didn't know Caleb, but we all know terrible things happen to some of the best people. It drives me crazy for some one to think so highly of themselves and that they are so much better than some one else. I wish some of their mistakes would be in the news. See what people say then.
Cousin Krystal

Clarksville, TN

#10 Oct 9, 2008
In the know wrote:
Yes I do. 19 years old and I knew where he was at night. For certain never let him at 15 go to a party of that type. How do you know it was his first? It always is, oh such a good guy. I have to admit I dont know this kid and I feel for his family, but all this crap on here about everyone else being at fault, give me a break. Where was his family? This was not at 9 pm when it happened. And yes I do know where my son was, because I am a responsible parent. No peer pressure never affected me or my son. He has principals.
why do u think that he was a bad person, and he lived with his dad the rest of the family doesnt live near him. and coming from his cousin if they were close he wont have died.
WB MOM

United States

#11 Oct 11, 2008
In the know wrote:
Yes I do. 19 years old and I knew where he was at night. For certain never let him at 15 go to a party of that type. How do you know it was his first? It always is, oh such a good guy. I have to admit I dont know this kid and I feel for his family, but all this crap on here about everyone else being at fault, give me a break. Where was his family? This was not at 9 pm when it happened. And yes I do know where my son was, because I am a responsible parent. No peer pressure never affected me or my son. He has principals.
You should be ashamed of your self and your comments. This family is still waiting to find out what happend to their child.... Since you have forgotten your manners let me once remind you, this is still a CHILD and if you are the wonderful caring mother you say you are then you should think real hard about what you post before posting.

PS My 12yr old sweet little girl told me she was spending the night at the house next door with her sweet little friend....let me remind you NEXT DOOR...12....I watched her walk to the girls house. I was a trusting mother too...Lets just say they did not stay there that night....What happend to her that night has changed her life.
Please don't be so quick to point the finger...

To Caleb's family and friends, My family's harts and prayer are with you all..........
H4NB

Fairview, TN

#12 Oct 15, 2008
This is a very sad story. I pray the family of this child. I am a Mother in Dickson County and grew up here as well. This could happen to anyone, anywhere, and at anytime. It brings me great sadness seeing this blog site and how people want to blame someone when everyone when needs to look to God and pray that this doesnt happen to your child. Because "realistically" even if we think we are the perfect parents and know where our children are at all times, too many times that is not the case. My prayers are with you all.
Lisa

Dickson, TN

#13 Oct 19, 2008
I would like to say to Caleb's parents... I didn't know it was Caleb that was the one that night. I heard of the incident and it never crossed my mind that he was that boy. My son played football with him at Burns and he is still in shock as I am. He had a good heart and helped my son to learn the game ...without even being asked to do so. I wish I had kept in touch with his parents now I just don't have the words if I do see them. I pray for them each night and know in my heart what Caleb was REALLY like and it wasn't about drugs...he was a good no great kid with a big heart and his parents love him very much as he did them. That is how my son and I will remember him...nothing can ever change that....my thoughts and prayers are with you - Caleb's parents and family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dickson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dickson County Music Thread (Sep '13) Nov 30 Musikologist 6
TDOT delays I-40 improvements in Madison County Oct '14 Flustrated 1
Father, son in Erin charged with having inappro... Aug '14 some erin chick 12
Domestic Violence Month is sobering reminder of... (Oct '08) Apr '14 Jessica 2
Tommy Lee (Mar '14) Mar '14 Not from round here 1
have you been represented by the public defender? (Mar '14) Mar '14 JUSTICE FOR ALL 1
FBI Investigating Whether Dickson Co. Bank Robb... (Mar '14) Mar '14 RegisteredVoter 1
More from around the web