Student Attacks Bus Driver In Dickson...

Student Attacks Bus Driver In Dickson County

There are 13 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Sep 3, 2008, titled Student Attacks Bus Driver In Dickson County. In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

School officials at a Dickson County high school said a student attacked a bus driver.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

4truth

Nashville, TN

#1 Sep 3, 2008
I'm sure the parents will side with their child, (the student). How sad. Parents need to be parents and stop trying to be friends with their children. The boy probably fights with his sister at home and when the parents intervene (IF they do), they are probably attacked too. Why else would he think he could attack an adult.
justwonderingout loud

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Sep 3, 2008
What, it this a frickin sport now?

No way could I drive a bus.
jmf

Gallatin, TN

#3 Sep 3, 2008
i'm sure before it is over with, some parents will be blaming the driver, anyone but their child. parents now days teach kids no manners. they aren't taught to respect anyone. how dare the driver to touch me kid, or put him off the bus or say anything to this poor little thing that is so misunderstood , he's is a good kid, he makes good grades, he never picked on his sister or anyone else before. all the excueses in the world will not keep this child out of jail or he will end up dead. parents wake up. like 4truth said be a parent first, and if your lucky maybe you can even be their friend second. disclipine starts at HOME
danintenn

Jenkins, MN

#4 Sep 3, 2008
HERE WE GO AGAIN....Now were all just sitting here waiting for all the friends, family, people on the bus, etc..... to come on here to defend this "good" poor misunderstood soul.
justwonderingout loud

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Sep 3, 2008
At first blush, it sounds like one of those ADD, ADHD, ADS, special friggin kids. WE'll have to wait and see tho.
Wonderbread

Knoxville, TN

#6 Sep 3, 2008
justwonderingoutloud wrote:
At first blush, it sounds like one of those ADD, ADHD, ADS, special friggin kids. WE'll have to wait and see tho.
You have every right to voice your opinion, I served my time in the ARMY to help make that so.

However, I ask that you please reconsider your choice of words "special friggin kids". I think I understand where you are coming from and I am not blasting you, but as a parent of an Autistic child, phrases like that really bother me and I'm sure plenty of other parents of special children (as well as those children themselves).

I am by no means defending this kid though!!! We really don't have enough info to go on at this point.
parent of child

Nashville, TN

#7 Sep 3, 2008
I agree with "Wonderbread" on the comment "justwonderingoutloud " please think how other people feel. I have a child with ADD, but she's not rude,disrespectful, or abusive. Just because a child may have ADD, ADHD, ADS doesn't mean they can't be productive citizens. It all goes back to how a CHILD IS RAISED!!! These children today aren't being raised with respect and discipline. Parents need to be held more accountable for their children actions when they know they have these types of issues and choose not to do do anything about it.
justwonderingout loud

United States

#8 Sep 3, 2008
Yeah wonderbread, I did my time in the Corps to be able to voice my own opinion. So thanx for your sacrifice...but it wasn't necessary.

If the term "Special friggin kid" is the biggest problem you 2 have, yall got it pretty good.

Once again...ER nurse for 15 years, Paramedic for a decade before that. I'm fully aware of pretty much all disorders.

The term "Special friggin kid" isn't that bad. Toughen up.
Wonderbread

Knoxville, TN

#9 Sep 3, 2008
Yeah wonderbread, I did my time in the Corps to be able to voice my own opinion. So thanx for your sacrifice...but it wasn't necessary.
If the term "Special friggin kid" is the biggest problem you 2 have, yall got it pretty good.
Once again...ER nurse for 15 years, Paramedic for a decade before that. I'm fully aware of pretty much all disorders.
Maybe it isn't bad to you, but I think it is very mean, rude and inconsiderate of the families and children who are having to deal with these things?

Does it make you feel more of an adult to pick on children?!?! Good grief. You are part of the problem. How on earth can we teach our own kids not to bully and pick on others when supposed adults such as yourself do the same.
Wonderbread

Knoxville, TN

#10 Sep 3, 2008
And I suppose you also tell kids who are picked on to "toughen up" too? So that means people can push others around, call each other racist names, call handicapped and mentally challenged people "special friggin kids" and the problem isn't with the BULLY but with the person getting picked on?!? I was taught self sacrifice, respect, honor and courage in the miliatary.

Apparently you missed that lesson.
justwonderingout loud

United States

#11 Sep 3, 2008
Wonderbread wrote:
<quoted text>
And I suppose you also tell kids who are picked on to "toughen up" too? So that means people can push others around, call each other racist names, call handicapped and mentally challenged people "special friggin kids" and the problem isn't with the BULLY but with the person getting picked on?!? I was taught self sacrifice, respect, honor and courage in the miliatary.
Apparently you missed that lesson.
First...your not a kid. So I'm not picking on a kid. Plus I didn't contact you, you came to me, So I'm not picking on anybody.

Second.. I'm not a bully. I hate bullies.

Third...This is a message board. Political correctness may be required, even necessary in real life, here it's not required, and even gets in the way of getting to the meat of a subject.

Fourth...You came to me...I didn't go to you. You decided that that you would get you're sensibilities impacted. You decided that this thread was not indeed a discussion about a bus driver that got assaulted. It's not about the state of our children and their utter disregard for respect. It's not about the breaking of laws and the crumbling of the moral bases that keep us all from being animals.

You decided that this thread would be about your kid, your sensibilities, it's all you,you,you,

I'll say it again: If simple verbage is the biggest problem you have in your life, then you have it pretty good. Me, I have much bigger fish to fry than that!

I used the term "Special friggin kid". I don't care if your kid is one of those "Special friggin kids" or not. I don't care if your kid is a rocket scientist, or the dumbest thing on earth. I don't care because: I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT YOUR KID. I was talking about the KID ON THE BUS, AND THAT KID ONLY!

You made this about you. I said special friggin kid. I do not apologize, I will say it again, and nothing you can say will change that.

PLUS

it's Military, I guess you missed that lesson, Jerk
Wonderbread

Knoxville, TN

#12 Sep 4, 2008
I don't care whose kid you are talking about, you still are being very rude, insensitive and immature by calling any kids derogatory names. Your reaction by calling me names too proves my point.

I personally don't care if you call me a jerk and actually think it is rather funny:) I guess by defending kids, I am a jerk...LOL!

I DO however have a problem with adults who feel it is ok to call any kids names, much less kids with special needs.

Being an ER nurse as you supposedly were, I would think that you would have learned more compassion and respect for others, but sadly some people cannot learn that.

That is pathetic behavior for an adult no matter how much you try to defend yourself. You are wrong either way when you are an adult calling kids insulting names. Instead of trying to defend bad behavior, why not try to correct it? Isn't that what you expect the kids in this situation to do?

Or is correcting bad behavior only for everyone else and not yourself?
justwonderingout loud

United States

#13 Sep 4, 2008
I stand by everthing I said. I don't feel like saying it all again.

If you don't like it, thats just too damn bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dickson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Father shot during scuffle with kids' stepfather (Nov '12) Jun 18 factual 60
Heather Leigh Green Feb '16 campbelljustice 1
Marriage equality law of the land, here to stay Jan '16 Wisdom 1
Dickson County Music Thread (Sep '13) Nov '15 Musikologist 8
Like North Korea in Dickson county (Aug '15) Aug '15 Jim 1
Did you idiots really ban the American Flag (Aug '15) Aug '15 I_cant_tolerate_s... 1
News Trail cold for suspect 2 months after murder (Oct '09) Apr '15 Big Sis 7
More from around the web