Arrest made in fatal Southaven shooting

Arrest made in fatal Southaven shooting

There are 3 comments on the Desoto Times Online story from Oct 26, 2008, titled Arrest made in fatal Southaven shooting. In it, Desoto Times Online reports that:

Southaven police have charged a 34-year-old Sarah, Miss., man with murder following a shooting at the Oak Ridge Apartments complex at around 1 p.m. Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Desoto Times Online.

Aunt of John

AOL

#1 Oct 27, 2008
John was my nephew and was a kind, sweet, honest person. How can anyone blame him for what happened? He was in the wrong place, at the wrong time. What is wrong with a man having a friendship with a woman? As a female, I have many male friends; they are the best! John just never got a break in life. He tried hard, with the help from family, friends and acquaintances. Then some hard-ass, jealous ex-husband kills him? Check out the facts before you grab a gun and kill an innocent father of two little children. The murderer DESERVES to be in jail, for his lifetime and then some. Who knows that his ex-wife's friendship with John may have lead to a reconciliation with her ex-husband? She was looking for answers and Johnny was there for her.
May John rest in peace and may Raechelle (his sister and only sibling) remember him always with love in her heart. I know she will. Johnny was a terrific person and a fabulous father. He loved his children deeply. What a loss.
someone who knows

Richmond, VA

#2 Nov 4, 2008
The truth is Mr Pierce was not an ex-husband but the current husband and the truth is Jennifer was stringing both men along. And no it wasn't an friendship it was something much deeper.She was not looking for answers she is a woman that is never happy with what she has she always wants more. Your Johnny had a relationship with this woman for years and was the reason the marriage was shakey.That may not have been his fault Jennifer talks a good game, as far as Randy having affairs thats something Jennifer says. He worked took care of his kids ,because she was to busy chasing men,and had very little time for anything else.It's really sad that one woman could cause such sadness. But that's exactly what happened.
Step-Mother Gladys

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Nov 8, 2008
Aunt of John wrote:
John was my nephew and was a kind, sweet, honest person. How can anyone blame him for what happened? He was in the wrong place, at the wrong time. What is wrong with a man having a friendship with a woman? As a female, I have many male friends; they are the best! John just never got a break in life. He tried hard, with the help from family, friends and acquaintances. Then some hard-ass, jealous ex-husband kills him? Check out the facts before you grab a gun and kill an innocent father of two little children. The murderer DESERVES to be in jail, for his lifetime and then some. Who knows that his ex-wife's friendship with John may have lead to a reconciliation with her ex-husband? She was looking for answers and Johnny was there for her.
May John rest in peace and may Raechelle (his sister and only sibling) remember him always with love in her heart. I know she will. Johnny was a terrific person and a fabulous father. He loved his children deeply. What a loss.
I agree with everything that is being said. But John was my son for 20 years he even called me MOM and my children thought the same of him just as if he was blood. The day that he was MURDERED I loss my son that day one of my children died. I will miss him coming over to my home at least three times a week to have coffee with me or to just talk you are so wrong for not saiding anything about his wife. His Dad Jerry loved my children as his own and if you had know us better as a family you would of know that all of our children were in one family and he called mine his and his mine. John though of my children as his brother and two sisters and he called them that. You do not have the right to said that he had only one sibling he had more than that. It just shows that you do not have a open mind. I hope that you will be there to help his Wife with the children.I did not see you at the funeral or did his children even get a card from you so you do not know us. I know that I will be here to help his children and his wife to get the things that they need. After all his sister (only blood sibling) take his car away from his children and left them with nothing to get around with she was only thinking of herself and if you don't believe me ask Raechelle who is driving the car now. John would of been not so happy in how she is acting to everyone every her own blood Ethan and Jenna. John's Mother and Grandmother to his children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Desoto County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mississippi Supreme Court narrowly grants same-... Nov '15 SirAndrew 2
News Billy Wheater captured (Mar '12) Sep '15 lady vee 9
News Bicycle trail coming to Olive Branch City Park (Dec '14) Dec '14 MrDesoto1 1
Evan watts (Dec '14) Dec '14 guest 1
News SBA approves Bryant's request for assistance to... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Kimberly Johnson 1
jessica m jones (Jun '14) Jun '14 xcoworker 1
News Daniel Ray Holt of Gulfport arrested for molest... (Jun '14) Jun '14 News 1
More from around the web