DeSoto Teen Near Death After Bat Beating

There are 5 comments on the Oct 19, 2009, WREG story titled DeSoto Teen Near Death After Bat Beating. In it, WREG reports that:

Stacey Tomlinson is calling on prayers and a higher power to help his best friend heal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

Kaylee

Hernando, MS

#1 Oct 23, 2009
Vince is a good person, he is strong and does anything for anyone! I know god has a way of dealing with things and handling them the right way. I do believe god has Vince is his hands, and I do believe he will make it through all this! We pray all the time and we are hoping that he gets better! Keep your faith!
friend of the jones

Barnesville, OH

#2 Oct 24, 2009
every one is all like poor vince poor vince look vince got what was coming i aint saying that they should have beaten him so bad but um before people say this wasnt humane um he shouldnt have ran his mouth she was right vince is a fighter offesly cause he wanted to fight with davy greg and adam.
blah

Memphis, TN

#3 Oct 25, 2009
friend of the jones is an idiot
Amy

Memphis, TN

#4 Oct 25, 2009
friend of the jones....you ARE a COMPLETE IDIOT and sound very immature & cruel. You must not be too old based on your comment. He "got what was coming"??? Are you serious??? I bet you wouldn't like to get smacked in the head w/a bat!!!

People in this world will bother you,annoy you, irritate you and sometimes even "run" their mouths @ you, BUT that is NO EXCUSE for beating someone!!!! Having some "Billy Badass" attitude will get you NOWHERE in life!!!!

It saddens me to see something horrific like this happen and hear someone like you say such IGNORANT things!!!! By the way the word you typed "offesly" is spelled OBVIOUSLY. Considering the opinion you've displayed on here, you "OBVIOUSLY" aren't very intelligent.....

lots of prayers for Vince Eggers & family <3
AMockingBird

Memphis, TN

#5 Nov 5, 2009
I'd just like to say that it seems both sides came for a fight. It seems no one cares what goes on with their kids until someone's in the hospital, then people start focusing on the problems. These children should have better supervision and the adults involved should have known better. A lot of the facts have been presented improperly and folks need to take that into consideration. BOTH sides need to be responsible for their actions. I pray for both sides. But they ALL could have stayed home or told someone. This shouldn't turn into a witch hunt with more blood being spilled. No one would have gave two ####'s if no one got hurt....Truth of the matter - both sides got hurt, both sides WANTED a fight. Isn't it trespassing to go onto someone else's property anyway??? How is no one reporting on the Eggars’ side supposedly having a gun or drug charges? And those boys weren’t LURED there with the promise of presents and a party and the Jones/Allen boys didn’t jump out of hiding places and ambush them- two sides showed up for a fight and got it.
Everything isn't as simple as it seems, nor is the complete truth out. I completely agree though- it's horrible what happened and even worse that ALL of the teens got hurt for something soooo stupid. Always keep a watchful eye on your kids and kid like adults. We are all so quick to judge and so slow to think. We collectively as humans will believe anything we’re told or see.
Our prayers are with those hospitalized and those in jail - may they get better and learn their lesson - respectively. Neither side was right with their actions - folks need to THINK before acting. If it were my son - sure I'd be pissed and angry and scared and worried and all kinds of feelings, but I'd understand it was my child who thought it'd be fun, a good idea, or problem solving to go to a fight.
Quick questions – The Jones/Allen group didn’t show up at Vincent’s house did they? Why was the Vince Group on someone else’s private property? Why isn’t the news reporting the Vince’s group had only three “teens” instead of 2 car fulls of people? Why isn’t Larry House’s drug charges being mentioned and Rasco has reported incorrectly on the Jones men/boys having drug charges at all – they don’t. Did Vince’s group really mention or bring a gun? Who hit whom first? Why is Gregory Allen’s bond being set so low comparatively? Where were the parents at?? Why are the other fighters’ names not being released? Why do all the Vincent group boys have real high priced lawyers while the others – only defense attorneys?
Everyone is so eager to take Vincent’s groups’ side – but why was he there to start with? Only those boys involved know what really went down that fateful night and who knows how ALL of their stories have been twisted by news and family alike to suit their own needs. Why no video or photos of Vincent from recovery? Why didn’t they show the wounds the Jones/Allen boys received from the fight? Why the fight anyway - they all hardly knew each other! Also, why didn't they report their injuries to the police - why did the hospital do it and where's the statment from the nurse or staff who reported it? And when is curfew??? Why were any of those minors out past curfew?
This is a classic case for ALL involved of those with the good sense not using it.
We should all pray for fair justice (not blood justice) and the recovery of ALL invovled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Desoto County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bicycle trail coming to Olive Branch City Park Dec '14 MrDesoto1 1
Evan watts Dec '14 guest 1
News SBA approves Bryant's request for assistance to... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Kimberly Johnson 1
jessica m jones (Jun '14) Jun '14 xcoworker 1
News Daniel Ray Holt of Gulfport arrested for molest... (Jun '14) Jun '14 News 1
News Billy Wheater captured (Mar '12) Feb '14 chief enforcer 7
places (Jan '14) Jan '14 coach bb 1
More from around the web