Despite looming budget cuts, schools still spending money on St...

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR

With budget cuts looming, Colorado's three largest school districts have been spending on food, travel and other discretionary expenses with little oversight.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
department of hard labor

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

Judged:

This is exactly why I don't support public education. I have no kids in these schools and I don't feel like paying for this kind of crap.

I don't buy that stuff for myself and I see no reason to buy it for others who are just as able as I am to pay for it.
Harri

Johnstown, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

Isn't it sad that parents need attracted to after school events that are in the best interest of their kids with food? I don't know whether to laugh at that excuse or cry about the parents.
Chris

Byers, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

Judged:

What is even worse is that there is and never will be anything done about this kind of abuse by our governing officials
Todd

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

Hmm. How many teacher salaries does 580,000 equal? This is outrageous.
jbillcase

La Junta, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

What happened to regular coffee,cheap donuts and live internet?
If our kids can be taught using internet teachers why can't teachers and administrators use the internet to be taught by others in other as well?
Ted

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

Judged:

Douglas county canceled bussing routes because of lack of money. So now we have to drive or walk him every morning. I hope the Starbucks is good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Denver County Discussions

Search the Denver County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Denver youth-facility staffer charged with abuse (Jul '09) May '14 REd HEad 148
Foreclosure filings inch up in 2012, auction sa... (Aug '12) Aug '12 U Y LEE 1
Jo Scott, abortion zealot, permanently enjoined... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sick of it 1
New U.S. Census data means Colorado's congressi... (Mar '11) Mar '11 not surprized 1
Census: More immigrants moving to Longmont (Nov '10) Nov '10 metoo 1
Neighbors say owner of home where alleged burgl... (May '10) May '10 He was right 2
Child poverty skyrockets in Colorado (Apr '10) Apr '10 surprised 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••