Denver ice cream vendor charged in ki...

Denver ice cream vendor charged in kidnap attempt

There are 26 comments on the Denver Post story from May 9, 2009, titled Denver ice cream vendor charged in kidnap attempt. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Salvador Galdamez An 81-year-old ice cream vendor in southwest Denver has been charged with enticing and trying to kidnap and sexually assault a 10-year-old girl on her way home from school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Don't like the rules?...Leave”

Since: Mar 07

Denver, but on pause...

#21 May 15, 2009
Stacked wrote:
<quoted text>Yuck!
I guess I just see guys like and think of my Dad.... I know I should be less trusting.
It really isn't about "trust" as much as it's about people watching out for kids, especially their own...Sure, it's a shame that a 10 year old cannot walk home from school these days, but there's nothing that will change that...As soon as one baby raper is locked up, 40 more crawl out of the woodwork...They live in our neighborhoods ( www.familywatchdog.us ), work in the businesses we patronize, and the offenders that actually play by the registration rules are often far better protected than their potential victims...
Did you hear about the 4 year old that was kidnapped from her front yard in Hidalgo, TX the other day?...The freak beat the hell out of her 12 year old sister, then chased the little girl until he snatched her up and boogied...Even after this creep knocked the hell out of the older sister, she kept a clear enough head to provide the Police not only the offenders description, but the vehicle make and model he was driving...
They found the little girl at a farmhouse not too far from where she lived, where they also arrested the perv...Turns out he's a "Sex Offender/Whereabouts Unknown" from here in California (big surprise)and had been working as a "Carnie", where he ILLEGALLY had unlimited access to kids...
One who, by the nature of his crimes, was not allowed to leave the state either...
My advice to parents is this;
There is a strong difference between an "acquaintance" and someone you can trust...Use your melon, and believe your instincts...
Inform yourselves...There are many Web sites that provide the locations/addresses of registered sex offenders...Take 5 minutes out of your day and become aware of "who" is in your community...
PAY ATTENTION...Listen to the kids when they are discussing people that make them uncomfortable...They often have reasons for their feelings, but are not mature enough to recognize their cause...
And for God's sake, if there is an abundance of predators in your area, don't engage in risky behaviors that they rely on...Drive your kids to and from school, or arrange a ride for them...Your kids are counting on you to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to keep them safe...
When they're playing outside, they must have an adult nearby WATCHING, or be in a secure area like a back yard...
It only takes a few moments to forever change the life of a child...And the predators know this...
vnderbnder

Columbia, MO

#22 May 16, 2009
hey look whos back. ME!!!

“Who likes shots & has 2 thumbs”

Since: Jul 07

BOULDER

#23 May 18, 2009
cuttershelper wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaah, just be inner cautious. Be non-trusting on the inside while showing trust and engaging in friendly conversation on the outside, you can learn a great deal from someone off of a couple minutes of "fence talk".
I always ask "what's up??", therefore provoking more than a one word response. "Nuthin'" or "hey" will usually prompt me to be a bit more forward in my conversation and I will engage in further "more than one word necessary" questions, trying to get a good feel for whomever I am talking to.
I am usually extremely friendly and tame on the outside...but on the inside I have my .45 pointed directly at your left eye...if you know what I mean, especially if I don't know you.
I've always have had a 'sixth" sense about people and 90% of the time I am right, I can feel their life emitting from them...it's weird I know. My wife thinks I am psychic or something but I swear I have no funky voices or mojo going on in my head, I can't bend spoons with my brain and I can't levitate a pretty girl off of a table...it's just a weird feeling, a tickle in my gut that I get(like the one when you go down the first big hill on a coaster), it freaks ME out sometimes.
I got that same tickle when I read the story and saw his picture...I hope I'm wrong, there's always that 10%.
I hope you're right.
Either way, his actions were wrong and a minor had an adverse encounter with a much older adult...he needs a psych evaluation for sure.
Your lucky! That is what I think I have too and trust me, people tell me all the time, "Katie you just THINK you are intuative!" haha..
In the long run, I am positive I have been hurt mentally, physically, and emotionally by those I knew then I did not...

I will look again if anything is new...

“Who likes shots & has 2 thumbs”

Since: Jul 07

BOULDER

#24 May 18, 2009
Hussie wrote:
<quoted text>It really isn't about "trust" as much as it's about people watching out for kids, especially their own...Sure, it's a shame that a 10 year old cannot walk home from school these days, but there's nothing that will change that...As soon as one baby raper is locked up, 40 more crawl out of the woodwork...They live in our neighborhoods ( www.familywatchdog.us ), work in the businesses we patronize, and the offenders that actually play by the registration rules are often far better protected than their potential victims...
Did you hear about the 4 year old that was kidnapped from her front yard in Hidalgo, TX the other day?...The freak beat the hell out of her 12 year old sister, then chased the little girl until he snatched her up and boogied...Even after this creep knocked the hell out of the older sister, she kept a clear enough head to provide the Police not only the offenders description, but the vehicle make and model he was driving...
They found the little girl at a farmhouse not too far from where she lived, where they also arrested the perv...Turns out he's a "Sex Offender/Whereabouts Unknown" from here in California (big surprise)and had been working as a "Carnie", where he ILLEGALLY had unlimited access to kids...
One who, by the nature of his crimes, was not allowed to leave the state either...
My advice to parents is this;
There is a strong difference between an "acquaintance" and someone you can trust...Use your melon, and believe your instincts...
Inform yourselves...There are many Web sites that provide the locations/addresses of registered sex offenders...Take 5 minutes out of your day and become aware of "who" is in your community...
PAY ATTENTION...Listen to the kids when they are discussing people that make them uncomfortable...They often have reasons for their feelings, but are not mature enough to recognize their cause...
And for God's sake, if there is an abundance of predators in your area, don't engage in risky behaviors that they rely on...Drive your kids to and from school, or arrange a ride for them...Your kids are counting on you to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to keep them safe...
When they're playing outside, they must have an adult nearby WATCHING, or be in a secure area like a back yard...
It only takes a few moments to forever change the life of a child...And the predators know this...
Your such a good mommy! I don;t understand how parents are not taking your advice. Seriously, except maybe that they do not have acess to the information or do not know it is readily available.

Funny thing, I just checked thje story again and right next to the story was a section with pictures of Colorado Mug Shots. The one showing was Kobe Bryant!

Denver, but on pause...

#25 May 18, 2009
Stacked wrote:
<quoted text>Your such a good mommy! I don;t understand how parents are not taking your advice. Seriously, except maybe that they do not have acess to the information or do not know it is readily available.
Funny thing, I just checked thje story again and right next to the story was a section with pictures of Colorado Mug Shots. The one showing was Kobe Bryant!
Thanks...
I guess my biggest rub is that everyone knows that pedophiles are out there...Everyone...
The Police/Judges/Psych Wards that release them onto our streets render almost anything we as parents can do to protect our kids useless...
Then you have parents whose intentions may be one way, but their actions are the polar opposite...You don't buy your young daughters thong underwear just because that's what "Hanna Montana" wears...You don't allow kids to create profiles and post racy pic's of themselves on the internet...You don't allow your children to walk alone through neighborhoods that are full of registered offenders, even if it is to and from school...You make damned sure you're aware since, as a parent, it's your responsibility...

There used to be a time when we could rely on others to watch out for our kids, and too many parents chose to ignore the fact that those days no longer exist...
Could be an Ice Cream man, the Librarian, the Dentist, the School Janitor, the person next door, a Cop, a Priest/Pastor/Rabbi/Imam, their parent, a relative, a family friend...It literally could be anybody...

Denver, but on pause...

#26 May 18, 2009
Oh...
The mugshot of Kobe...
Glad to see they kept it up...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Denver youth-facility staffer charged with abuse (Jul '09) Nov '16 Just another victim 183
News October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month - Here's W... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Jilly 1
karl and joshua wilkes sale prostitues (Sep '15) Sep '15 sheriff joshua wi... 1
News Foreclosure filings inch up in 2012, auction sa... (Aug '12) Aug '12 U Y LEE 1
News Jo Scott, abortion zealot, permanently enjoined... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sick of it 1
News New U.S. Census data means Colorado's congressi... (Mar '11) Mar '11 not surprized 1
News Census: More immigrants moving to Longmont (Nov '10) Nov '10 metoo 1
More from around the web