Denver ice cream vendor charged in ki...

Denver ice cream vendor charged in kidnap attempt

There are 26 comments on the Denver Post story from May 9, 2009, titled Denver ice cream vendor charged in kidnap attempt. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Salvador Galdamez An 81-year-old ice cream vendor in southwest Denver has been charged with enticing and trying to kidnap and sexually assault a 10-year-old girl on her way home from school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#1 May 12, 2009
You just can't trust anyone these days. And people wonder why society is breaking down.

“We're all screwed now”

Since: Jul 07

Colorado high country

#2 May 12, 2009
Oooooooooooo, these sort of things burn me from the inside out. By the statements printed it sounded like he knew exactly what he was doing, Alzheimer's would be a weak excuse.
I don't give a shirt how old you are, once a perv, always a perv and I have zero compassion for any of them when they get caught, I hope they lock him up for the rest of his short life.
The shocking thing is realizing how many other kids may have been sexually tortured by him, makes me shiver. I teach my kid to trust no one and question everyone...run if suspicious and find someone of authority. Then call or find me, that perv better hope the law gets him before I do...any dad would do the same thing.
Lock him up!!!

“We're all screwed now”

Colorado high country

#3 May 12, 2009
Dagoth wrote:
You just can't trust anyone these days. And people wonder why society is breaking down.
Sorry, was going to add this in my last post as well but got caught up in the moment:

I'd say that the .29 cent rule applies here...what say you Dag?
Cheap justice for a filthy pervert or should they go ahead and send him to prison(...we all know what they do to child touchers in prison)?
If he turns out to be an ILLEGAL, it brings another reason to close the border to the forefront.

“Don't like the rules?...Leave”

Since: Mar 07

Denver, but on pause...

#4 May 12, 2009
They bust Ice Cream Vendors all the time out here...If they aren't perv's, they're slinging drugs...
Why aren't there mandatory background checks on these sickos?...They have more opportunities to snatch kids everyday than folks realize...Inconspicuous, familiarity, transportation, and there ya go...
MountainMan

Denver, CO

#5 May 12, 2009
Oh come on! Give the child molesting, ice cream vendors a break! They're Obama supporters!

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...

http://crime.about.com/b/2004/09/08/californi...

Denver, but on pause...

#6 May 12, 2009
MountainMan wrote:
Oh come on! Give the child molesting, ice cream vendors a break! They're Obama supporters!
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...
http://crime.about.com/b/2004/09/08/californi...
ROFLMAO!!!!!

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#7 May 13, 2009
cuttershelper wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, was going to add this in my last post as well but got caught up in the moment:
I'd say that the .29 cent rule applies here...what say you Dag?
Cheap justice for a filthy pervert or should they go ahead and send him to prison(...we all know what they do to child touchers in prison)?
If he turns out to be an ILLEGAL, it brings another reason to close the border to the forefront.
I'd say you're right. Although, thanks to the economy and fears of changing gun laws, I think the 29-cent rule has evolved into the 43-cent rule. LOL!

Littleton, CO

#8 May 13, 2009
Dagoth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say you're right. Although, thanks to the economy and fears of changing gun laws, I think the 29-cent rule has evolved into the 43-cent rule. LOL!
And goes to show, it's never too early to teach your children the benefits of concealed carry.

“Who likes shots & has 2 thumbs”

BOULDER

#9 May 13, 2009
I don't know what is in me but this guy is 81....does he have a past? Why would he say he wanted to rob her? Why would he want to rob a ten year old?

What pedophile trieds robbing, asking out and then a kiss?
And who waits a day to tell?

I don;t know...this one is just fishy to me...

Denver, but on pause...

#10 May 13, 2009
Stacked wrote:
I don't know what is in me but this guy is 81....does he have a past? Why would he say he wanted to rob her? Why would he want to rob a ten year old?
I guarantee this guy has a past...Pedophiles, especially one his age, don't just wake up one morning and say "I think I'll snatch me a kiddie today"...No, me thinks this guy has a lengthy past, full of vile and atrocious acts, that will come out during the investigation...That is if they do it right...

I am also curious to his legal status...Anyone know yet?...

“We're all screwed now”

Colorado high country

#11 May 13, 2009
Dagoth wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!!
Damn inflation.
Still by far the cheapest and most effective method.

“We're all screwed now”

Colorado high country

#12 May 13, 2009
Stacked wrote:
I had a tinge of the same feeling but went with the pervert theory anyway, I was angry when typing that and reacted instead of thinking it through. With so little detail I cannot lay a judgment like that, however I firmly believe in the "once a perv....." theory which is what drove my comments.
You bring up an interesting angle stacked...we need more info though.

BOULDER

#13 May 14, 2009
Hussie wrote:
<quoted text>I guarantee this guy has a past...Pedophiles, especially one his age, don't just wake up one morning and say "I think I'll snatch me a kiddie today"...No, me thinks this guy has a lengthy past, full of vile and atrocious acts, that will come out during the investigation...That is if they do it right...
I am also curious to his legal status...Anyone know yet?...
I have heard nothing about his status or past. I agree with you. With his age, he must have a past. Unless there is some mental compacitites gone or something...

I just don't think everything clicks on this one. But it could also be need to not believe such a sweet looking old Grandpa coudl do something or even entertain the idea of doing something horrid to child...

We do have to keep tabs on this one...

BOULDER

#14 May 14, 2009
cuttershelper wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a tinge of the same feeling but went with the pervert theory anyway, I was angry when typing that and reacted instead of thinking it through. With so little detail I cannot lay a judgment like that, however I firmly believe in the "once a perv....." theory which is what drove my comments.
You bring up an interesting angle stacked...we need more info though.
I will try a little research...see if I get anything....

I understand, I am with you...Pervs are the lowest of the low, nastiest, etc... this one just seems weird.
Then again that guy who killed Suzanna Chase got let go a million times by the police...or so it seems... or this guy could have a past somewhere else... I don't know...

BOULDER

#15 May 14, 2009
Nothing new yet....FYI

“We're all screwed now”

Colorado high country

#16 May 14, 2009
Stacked wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard nothing about his status or past. I agree with you. With his age, he must have a past. Unless there is some mental compacitites gone or something...
I just don't think everything clicks on this one. But it could also be need to not believe such a sweet looking old Grandpa coudl do something or even entertain the idea of doing something horrid to child...
We do have to keep tabs on this one...
I'll snoop around too.
Have to disagree on the "sweet looking old grandpa" statement...did you look at his picture?
Yeah, weird.

Denver, but on pause...

#17 May 14, 2009
cuttershelper wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll snoop around too.
Have to disagree on the "sweet looking old grandpa" statement...did you look at his picture?
Yeah, weird.
"Dirty Old Man"...The one who gets caught whacking his pud under a trench coat...One that has a penchant for kids...
The Devil in an Ice Cream truck...

BOULDER

#18 May 15, 2009
cuttershelper wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll snoop around too.
Yeah, weird.
Oh, I did see his picture... I thought he looked sullen and toothless... sad...

BOULDER

#19 May 15, 2009
Hussie wrote:
<quoted text>"Dirty Old Man"...The one who gets caught whacking his pud under a trench coat...One that has a penchant for kids...
The Devil in an Ice Cream truck...
Yuck!

I guess I just see guys like and think of my Dad.... I know I should be less trusting.

“We're all screwed now”

Colorado high country

#20 May 15, 2009
Stacked wrote:
<quoted text>Yuck!
I guess I just see guys like and think of my Dad.... I know I should be less trusting.
Naaaah, just be inner cautious. Be non-trusting on the inside while showing trust and engaging in friendly conversation on the outside, you can learn a great deal from someone off of a couple minutes of "fence talk".
I always ask "what's up??", therefore provoking more than a one word response. "Nuthin'" or "hey" will usually prompt me to be a bit more forward in my conversation and I will engage in further "more than one word necessary" questions, trying to get a good feel for whomever I am talking to.
I am usually extremely friendly and tame on the outside...but on the inside I have my .45 pointed directly at your left eye...if you know what I mean, especially if I don't know you.
I've always have had a 'sixth" sense about people and 90% of the time I am right, I can feel their life emitting from them...it's weird I know. My wife thinks I am psychic or something but I swear I have no funky voices or mojo going on in my head, I can't bend spoons with my brain and I can't levitate a pretty girl off of a table...it's just a weird feeling, a tickle in my gut that I get(like the one when you go down the first big hill on a coaster), it freaks ME out sometimes.
I got that same tickle when I read the story and saw his picture...I hope I'm wrong, there's always that 10%.
I hope you're right.
Either way, his actions were wrong and a minor had an adverse encounter with a much older adult...he needs a psych evaluation for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Denver youth-facility staffer charged with abuse (Jul '09) Nov '16 Just another victim 183
News October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month - Here's W... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Jilly 1
karl and joshua wilkes sale prostitues (Sep '15) Sep '15 sheriff joshua wi... 1
News Foreclosure filings inch up in 2012, auction sa... (Aug '12) Aug '12 U Y LEE 1
News Jo Scott, abortion zealot, permanently enjoined... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sick of it 1
News New U.S. Census data means Colorado's congressi... (Mar '11) Mar '11 not surprized 1
News Census: More immigrants moving to Longmont (Nov '10) Nov '10 metoo 1
More from around the web