Denver man charged with DUI, homicide...

Denver man charged with DUI, homicide in fatal accident

There are 3 comments on the Denver Post story from Sep 14, 2009, titled Denver man charged with DUI, homicide in fatal accident. In it, Denver Post reports that:

Cesar Acosta-Castillo Cesar Acosta-Castillo was charged today with vehicular homicide in an accident that killed 45-year-old Leah Miller last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.

“OMG! Obama Must GO”

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere else

#1 Sep 15, 2009
You two must be related, I'm guessing. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

It looks like this was yet another crime that should never have happened.

From yesterday's POST:

"Cesar Acosta-Castillo was charged today with vehicular homicide in an accident that killed 45-year-old Leah Miller last week.

According to a news release, the Denver District Attorney also charged 32-year-old Acosta-Castillo with reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident and not having an operator's license. He remains in custody at the Denver County Jail."

Was he in the Country illegally? Good question, and one that deserves an answer.

So I called down to the Denver Post and asked.

No one would take credit for their biased "story", so I got passed around for awhile until some junior editor (who refused to be quoted) told me that "his immigration status is irrelevant".

Irrelevant.

Wow. Just...Wow.

Pay attention, folks, Political Correctness has trumped human life.

You might remember that Denver voters passed a law that made it illegal to drive a car illegally (even if you were an illegal)...The cops were supposed to be impounding cars driven by anyone driving without a license.

Maybe we were tired of meth and tequila fueled SUV's plowing into the local Baskin Robbins.

So, they tried it for awhile. Turns out there was TOO much success in the program. They nearly ran out of room at the impund lot, the City made a tidy profit from abandoned cars, and word on the street was "No conduzca en Denver"...Don't drive in Denver. I remeber seeing a couple billboards.

So why did they stop enforcing this law?

Depends on who you ask. Many, many people disparaged this program as "rascist", of course (DiMur always had a good point on that one, "What race is ILLEGAL?"). The cops said it's because they ran out of "storage space". Anyone buy that?

So, why are the police and politicians going directly against the will of the citizenry?

Why won't they enforce our laws? Maybe it's time to start asking that question a little louder.
Too funny

Denver, CO

#2 Sep 15, 2009
Ritter and Hickenlooper won't answer any of these questions. What happened to Ritters' panel to study illegal immigration after the Hernandez mess? Never heard anything else after it all died down. Ritter figures if enough time passes after each of these incidents, then we will all forget. He's wrong. We will never forget, and it will show in 2010.
just me

Omaha, NE

#3 Sep 16, 2009
I completely agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Denver youth-facility staffer charged with abuse (Jul '09) Nov '16 Just another victim 183
News October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month - Here's W... Nov '16 Jilly 1
karl and joshua wilkes sale prostitues (Sep '15) Sep '15 sheriff joshua wi... 1
News Foreclosure filings inch up in 2012, auction sa... (Aug '12) Aug '12 U Y LEE 1
News Jo Scott, abortion zealot, permanently enjoined... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sick of it 1
News New U.S. Census data means Colorado's congressi... (Mar '11) Mar '11 not surprized 1
News Census: More immigrants moving to Longmont (Nov '10) Nov '10 metoo 1
More from around the web