NEVER Move to Denton or Denton County!

Posted in the Denton County Forum

Anna Leigh

Denton, TX

#1 Apr 3, 2012
I have lived in Denton, just outside the city limits, for 8 months. I have had rocks thrown at my car while driving past someone's home, men walking through my yard at 3AM, my neighbor coming to my patio to take a leak, my husband was attacked by a dog in our yard, my neighbor has visitors park directly in my yard, music from many streets over shaking my home, packs of dogs running up and down my patio at night, and this is just the beginning. EVERY time, I have contacted law enforcement and have either been told someone would come out, and no one shows up, or someone has shown up and just shrugged their shoulders. I had a girl at the non emergency number hang up in my face when I asked if someone was actually going to show up this time. In my opinion, I live in a safe neighborhood. I have never been robbed, had my home broken in to, or anything stolen off my patio, etc. The issues that happen are manageable, fixable issues that Denton Sheriff's are brushing off because they don't want to deal with it. I was told today by an on duty, in uniform Sheriff that I should "just move" because of these issues because they are understaffed. These issues are not things that come up when you do searches before you move in to a neighborhood. I hope that anyone planning to move here thinks twice because you will NOT be protected by law enforcement!
Bad Law Enforcement

Little Elm, TX

#2 May 31, 2012
Anna Leigh wrote:
I have lived in Denton, just outside the city limits, for 8 months. I have had rocks thrown at my car while driving past someone's home, men walking through my yard at 3AM, my neighbor coming to my patio to take a leak, my husband was attacked by a dog in our yard, my neighbor has visitors park directly in my yard, music from many streets over shaking my home, packs of dogs running up and down my patio at night, and this is just the beginning. EVERY time, I have contacted law enforcement and have either been told someone would come out, and no one shows up, or someone has shown up and just shrugged their shoulders. I had a girl at the non emergency number hang up in my face when I asked if someone was actually going to show up this time. In my opinion, I live in a safe neighborhood. I have never been robbed, had my home broken in to, or anything stolen off my patio, etc. The issues that happen are manageable, fixable issues that Denton Sheriff's are brushing off because they don't want to deal with it. I was told today by an on duty, in uniform Sheriff that I should "just move" because of these issues because they are understaffed. These issues are not things that come up when you do searches before you move in to a neighborhood. I hope that anyone planning to move here thinks twice because you will NOT be protected by law enforcement!
New Sheriff elected, William Travis. I'm pretty confident things will get better for you and this county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lucas Goodrum Dec '14 Heather 1
Trouble Dec '14 Heather 1
Buc-ee's gets economic incentives (Aug '14) Aug '14 Maybe 2
One shot, another stabbed in separate gang acti... (Oct '08) Jul '14 Pinches Gringos 11
Drought in North Texas Spawns Grasshopper Invasion (Jul '14) Jul '14 greymouser 7
TX: Man protects himself, is arested (Jul '07) Apr '14 get over urslef 18
Sanger Mom Says Substitute Teacher Hurt Her Son (Dec '09) Apr '14 Miss Molly 5
More from around the web