Mo. man shot after chase, double slaying

Dec 11, 2011 Full story: The Japan News .Net 18

This undated image provided by the Dent County Sheriff shows Marvin Rice, age 44, of Salem, Missouri, a former Dent County SheriffA's Deputy.

Full Story
Rose

United States

#1 Dec 11, 2011
The police should have killed him and let him die for what he did to Anne and her fiance and right in front of her 6 yr old daughter at that. Our prisons are over crowded enough. Why should we have to house people like that and give them free life to live and our tax dollars feed them and cloth them and give them heat and a bed or cot. Prisoners have it easy now days thats why these people keep committing crimes over and over cause they get taken care of by our tax dollars.
u are a idot

Cameron, MO

#2 Dec 11, 2011
there is way more to this story so instead of opening your mouth. get your facts straight. You are what is wrong with the world today. Rose get a clue.
fact

United States

#3 Dec 11, 2011
I agree they should have just ended it right there

Since: Dec 11

United States

#4 Dec 11, 2011
Rose you are correct he did shoot them in front of her 6 year old daughter she described the gun and him perfect and this came from the officers and the news tonight. The little girl ran down to steve's parents house and got them after Rice was gone. And idiot is spelled idiot not idot. I used to work for a lawyer and I am very close with Annette's family. Rice shot Annette once in the heart at point blank range she did not suffer and steven was shot like 5 or 6 times in the chest and he went back in the house to kill him while he killed her outside. That man died in his fathers arms and told him he was dying with blood running out of his mouth. Now I am sure that little girl and steves parents know what happened and unless your one of the cops that was there you are the idiot for opening your mouth.
Concerned

Salem, MO

#5 Dec 11, 2011
Please-- let's quit arguing. The facts will come out eventually in court. These families need our prayers and the children need a stable loving community. Hasn't there been enough hurt without us tearing eachother apart? I'm not making light of the circumstances-- what could be more dire than murder? As a community we need to pull it together.
bothered

East Alton, IL

#6 Dec 11, 2011
this is so very sad

Salem, AR

#7 Dec 12, 2011
Rose wrote:
The police should have killed him and let him die for what he did to Anne and her fiance and right in front of her 6 yr old daughter at that. Our prisons are over crowded enough. Why should we have to house people like that and give them free life to live and our tax dollars feed them and cloth them and give them heat and a bed or cot. Prisoners have it easy now days thats why these people keep committing crimes over and over cause they get taken care of by our tax dollars.
Sounds allot like millions and millions of Negro's on welfare don't it?
Sheppo

Salem, MO

#8 Dec 12, 2011
Mysterious Mom wrote:
Rose you are correct he did shoot them in front of her 6 year old daughter she described the gun and him perfect and this came from the officers and the news tonight. The little girl ran down to steve's parents house and got them after Rice was gone. And idiot is spelled idiot not idot. I used to work for a lawyer and I am very close with Annette's family. Rice shot Annette once in the heart at point blank range she did not suffer and steven was shot like 5 or 6 times in the chest and he went back in the house to kill him while he killed her outside. That man died in his fathers arms and told him he was dying with blood running out of his mouth. Now I am sure that little girl and steves parents know what happened and unless your one of the cops that was there you are the idiot for opening your mouth.
Didn't die in his father's arms. His father has been deceased for 8 or 9 years now.
Vegas Girl

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Dec 12, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds allot like millions and millions of Negro's on welfare don't it?
Your an idiot. Get out of the county much you uneducated ass.
fact

United States

#11 Dec 12, 2011
He did die in his step fathers arms and it was said that he said dad I think I'm dying I love you. .. so who cares if it was his biological or not it was still his father
Sheppo

Salem, MO

#12 Dec 12, 2011
fact wrote:
He did die in his step fathers arms and it was said that he said dad I think I'm dying I love you... so who cares if it was his biological or not it was still his father
You're right, it doesn't really matter, BUT, the man is not his stepfather either. Just "fact".
from salem

Lake Spring, MO

#13 Dec 12, 2011
Steve's father Wayne is died and his Mother Carol has never remarried.. so there was no step father either.
slim

Salem, MO

#14 Dec 12, 2011
rose you have to look at both side of this,i had over 10 yr in doc and i know how you feel,but things like this happens it hurt both sides and everyone around us.
fact

United States

#15 Dec 12, 2011
Well I would like to see you tell them that!
pathetic

United States

#16 Dec 12, 2011
Some of the people posting here really really are pathetic... these families have been through enough and certainly don't need to have anything negative if hurtful Being said by a bunch of fake asses who hide behind fake names who will probably be as two faced as they come to the families faces.... show some respect people!
Wish I knew more

Wakefield, KS

#17 Dec 12, 2011
I know both families have children who have suffered from this. I know enough to want to be one-sided, but "pathetic" is right. Leave the negative comments out while the families are still moarning. I have family in law enforcement and I know Annie's family well. I know Rice's family has lost a family member as well as Annie and Steve's families. Yes, Steve did die in the arms of a man he considered a father.
Stop picking it apart. If you want to pick anything apart pick apart the article that says Annie was his ex-wife.
This was something that shuld have never happened, but it did. Was there a legit reason? Only two know, God and Marvin. However, none of us will know the entire truth unless it is revealed by either of those two. And knowing what I know, Marvin is more than likely not going to reveal EVERYTHING. It is human nature. So pray for all involved. They need it right now, for there were lives lost, and even more lives affected.
whyowhy

Odessa, MO

#18 Dec 12, 2011
What was the motive for this killing? I herd his current wife is rasing a baby from the woman he killed? That he was fired from dent co for having sex with a jail inmate also the babys mother. That he had been fired for his relanship with her. I herd he hadbeen lost anouther job due to bad behavior as well. It sounds like it was one bad choice after anouther. I pray for the ppl and lifes that are hurting tonight from the loss and hurt that is left behind. I ask jesus to please send his grace and peace to his wife and his children.
larry

Warsaw, MO

#19 Dec 12, 2011
whyowhy wrote:
What was the motive for this killing? I herd his current wife is rasing a baby from the woman he killed? That he was fired from dent co for having sex with a jail inmate also the babys mother. That he had been fired for his relanship with her. I herd he hadbeen lost anouther job due to bad behavior as well. It sounds like it was one bad choice after anouther. I pray for the ppl and lifes that are hurting tonight from the loss and hurt that is left behind. I ask jesus to please send his grace and peace to his wife and his children.
I like the way you heard this and heard that, but don't know the facts for yourself. This would be called gossip or hearsay. Then in the next sentence you ask Jesus to send grace and peace. While you are asking, you might ask for forgiveness also, because he says a loose tongue is also sin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dent County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rhonda purcella (Feb '12) Mar '14 courtney 2
Phineas, dog involved in child bite case, disap... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Sure 74
Dog bites child who fell on him, now city wants... (Apr '13) Oct '13 WOQ 223
Dent County Farmers Market is a hit in Salem, M... (Feb '12) Mar '12 Excited 4
Former Dent County, MO Deputy Charged With Doub... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Rocks Rules 1
huge drug bust in dent county, mo (Jan '08) Oct '11 concerned 5
Salem man facing charges of sexual abuse and br... (Jul '11) Aug '11 spank my dog 4

Dent County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE