Northridge schools levy

Full story: DispatchPolitics
What will it cost me? This is a 3.5-mill proposed levy. For an estimate of that levy's annual cost to you, enter the assessed value of your house below and then click the "Calculate Now" button. Full Story
Save_SPORTS

Mount Vernon, OH

#1 Apr 5, 2011
Every time the school spends money without regard to tax payers, the students and parents suffer! The first thng that the school wants to take away is SPORTS! I am tired of being attacked with this every time NORTHRIDGE needs to save money. Have they ever told anyone how they were going to save money before they spent it all! We hire more teachers (alex. schools have only 15-18 students in each class). We could save money with a few bigger classes. A counselor full ime with benefits who we just hired this year also at Alex. Which we had a counselor for 30 years partime... not sure how we could afford to bring spend more since we are tring to save money! The trips take by our Superintendent John Shepard does any of it get paid by tax payers... YES! We should have been saving money not spending it till we got in trouble again! The teachers all want to have their bonus which the 1% pays for that also, but the district calls it a STIPEN for their extra hard work! The district also wants to get new bleachers for the Middle school with our 1% tax. We need to save not spend it all again as soon as we get the money! What about the new computors bought this year for the middle/high school. Hartford had all new computors that the district auctioned off for little money and didn't think we needed them, so we just bouth new!
When we have students that are open enrollment they should have to find their own transportation to and from school. Our buses take them to a drop off which is out of the way this should not be part of our tax money either! Benifits for staff! The staff is upset they have to pay only 30% of their family health plan! I don't know about you but I pay 50% of ours and don't even get dental or vision. I would guess we run our schools as a friendship and not as a business. Sometime they need to be seperate! How many of our school board members would be willing to donate back their salaries like other districts and past members have done?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delaware County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Olentangy school board member turns to Supreme ... Oct '14 thunderball 1
Delaware County magistrate faces discipline (Apr '14) Sep '14 HangEmHigh 2
Teen girl found tied up, sexually assaulted at ... Aug '14 Benghazi 20
Ohio county buys ambulance for obese patients Aug '14 d pantz 21
Developer Bob Weiler thrilled with Northstar no... Jul '14 yeah baby yeah 1
La Tavola opens in Grandview, owners hope third... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Former Investor 1
4 want to wear Delaware sheriff's star (May '07) Mar '14 truth 8
More from around the web