Sheriff would repay any misspent fund...

Sheriff would repay any misspent funds, his lawyer says

There are 9 comments on the The Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 6, 2012, titled Sheriff would repay any misspent funds, his lawyer says. In it, The Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Curated by Melissa Wolfe from the Columbus Museum of Art, 100 Years of Art serves as a tribute to C... Online? On the go? An exact replica of The Dispatch, the E-Edition is available 24/7 on your PC or iPAD.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbus Dispatch.

Oh GOOD

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 7, 2012
Now if we could just get other thieves to replace everything THEY stole we could empty out our prisons!

If we could get all criminals to just agree to "un-do" their crimes we wouldn't have to prosecute ANYBODY!

It's like it totally erases the bad act, eliminating any responsibility for it.

This is hilarious.
what

Powell, OH

#2 Apr 7, 2012
that will be every thiefs defense after that! "I'll just pay it back, no problem your honor"!
Why not

United States

#3 Apr 7, 2012
Wife-beating senator Kris Jordan just says "hey, not me" and we dismiss his crime. Tax evader Andrew Brenner says "hey not mine" and we dismiss the crime. Tax dodge Jan Antonoplos says "hey not my taxes" and we dismiss the crime. Scofflaw Jon Peterson says "hey I'm sorry" and we dismiss the crime -- it's SOP in the Delaware GOP
Perspective

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 7, 2012
Why not wrote:
Wife-beating senator Kris Jordan just says "hey, not me" and we dismiss his crime. Tax evader Andrew Brenner says "hey not mine" and we dismiss the crime. Tax dodge Jan Antonoplos says "hey not my taxes" and we dismiss the crime. Scofflaw Jon Peterson says "hey I'm sorry" and we dismiss the crime -- it's SOP in the Delaware GOP
None you mentioned = misdeeds in office, in their official or elected capacity. That is the distinction.
Another lie

Columbus, OH

#5 Apr 7, 2012
Yes, our Sheriff didn't know it was improper to use our tax money to subsidize his affair with his subordinate. Are you kidding me. At least Jerry Springer used a personal check when he was Cincinnati Mayor to pay for his prostitute, same with Elliot Spitzer in New York. This man is acting like a victim. How ridiculous.
GOP supports theft

Chillicothe, OH

#6 Apr 7, 2012
What about his family expenses to and from and while at the academy? I can't imagine that was legal? Anyone know?
Self Appointed Nickname

Columbus, OH

#7 Apr 8, 2012
Why not wrote:
Well the GOP needs to start somewhere then, I guess Davis was fist. Seems you want to forget this is about DAVIS. Go cry elsewhere. Davis broke the rules, and got caught. Now HE must pay the price. The same price he expects from the public and his employees. Davis, contrary to his belief, IS NOT better than anyone and is not above the law.
Good Riddance

Columbus, OH

#8 Apr 9, 2012
POS Sheriff
Un Rob

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 10, 2012
Why don't you tell a victim of robbery at gun-point they can just "un-rob" the person and all will be good, nothing to see here, no crime...no harm no foul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delaware County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nearly two years later, adults-only hotel finds... Thu Scarlet letter 9
News Central Ohio jobless rate dips to 4 percent in ... Wed d pants 3
News Diarrheal outbreak spreading Aug 17 They cannot kill ... 10
News Trial delayed for teen charged in shooting of O... Aug 17 Go Blue Forever 1
News Felony case dismissed for Worthington teen invo... Aug 12 Big Johnson 1
News Ground broken on Evans Farm Aug 1 Duke for Mayor 7
News Local shooting club treasurer indicted Jul '16 Big Johnson 1
More from around the web