Deputy-Involved Crash Closes Portion ...

Deputy-Involved Crash Closes Portion Of U.S. 23 In Delaware Co. | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 36 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jul 20, 2011, titled Deputy-Involved Crash Closes Portion Of U.S. 23 In Delaware Co. | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A portion of U.S Route 23 in Delaware County is closed Wednesday because of a crash involving a sheriff's deputy, 10TV News reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#21 Jul 20, 2011
The title is "Deputy OK After Crash Along US 23"...no regard for anyone else involved.
WOW

Columbus, OH

#22 Jul 20, 2011
LivUrOwnLyfe wrote:
The title is "Deputy OK After Crash Along US 23"...no regard for anyone else involved.
The silence as to who caused the accident is deafening.
Runner1984

Columbus, OH

#23 Jul 20, 2011
Ohio Farmer wrote:
sHERIFF lost control when he dropped a dounut and reached down to pick it up .
Gee, a donut joke. How incredibly clever.
geez

Dayton, OH

#24 Jul 20, 2011
Michele wrote:
This intersection is awful...I live nearby and almost every single day I see people running the redlights up and down 23. I have seen at least three fatalities here and untold numbers of accidents!
The woman driving the Toyota was injured and taking to Riverside according to Channel 4...I saw the accident myself and she is luck to be alive.
The sherrifs car looked worse than the toyota, but yeah, she was lucky to be alive considering her car was sitting against a steel light pole!
Daily Customer

Columbus, OH

#25 Jul 20, 2011
Old School wrote:
Looks like the car can be fixed.
Yep, that'll buff right out.
Chrystina

Columbus, OH

#26 Jul 20, 2011
My husband and I watched this happen. It was very scary. The deputy came out of no where with lights and sirens. The other car didn't even have time to react to the emergency vehicle before the crash happened. The driver of the other car actually went airborne for a brief time.
Worthington Woody

Columbus, OH

#27 Jul 20, 2011
Time to build the Woody Hayes Thruway tol Road and stop the madness of traffic and congestion on 23.
Eddie

Columbus, OH

#28 Jul 20, 2011
When a Sheriff, Highway Patrol, Etc. has their lights and sirens on and blow through an intersection, there should be some way to make the cop prove they were legitimately speeding, using lights, and using sirens. Twice I have seen highway patrol actually turn on their lights and go through a red light only to turn them right back off once through the light. I even wrote down the car number the second time and reported it...doubt anything at all was done about it.
Donut Eater

Columbus, OH

#29 Jul 20, 2011
Eddie wrote:
When a Sheriff, Highway Patrol, Etc. has their lights and sirens on and blow through an intersection, there should be some way to make the cop prove they were legitimately speeding, using lights, and using sirens. Twice I have seen highway patrol actually turn on their lights and go through a red light only to turn them right back off once through the light. I even wrote down the car number the second time and reported it...doubt anything at all was done about it.
We do prove it. It is called a run log. Besides that Mr Citizen. Every time you activate the lights on the cruiser to the 2nd level,the camera activates and records everything.
Poor News Station

Fostoria, OH

#30 Jul 20, 2011
The title reads.."Deputy OK After Crash Along U.S. 23".

What about the other people?? Are'nt they important enough to include in the title??

Why not..."All OK After Crash..."?
Another Donut Eater

Perrysburg, OH

#31 Jul 20, 2011
Eddie wrote:
Thank you ignorant citizen. We, as law enforcement officers, are allowed to clear intersections with our lights and sirens in order to get to a call to service quicker. Maybe next time you won't complain about us clearing an intersection with our lights on so that we can get to a possible emergency call at your house when you call us. We can't run lights and sirens to every call, but we can clear intersections to get to your house quicker. Quit complaining and be thankful that we get to your house or someone else is need as quickly as possible.
doug

Mount Vernon, OH

#32 Jul 20, 2011
im the law and when i activate my gumball machine you best get out of my way
george

Sunbury, OH

#33 Jul 21, 2011
thank you for telling us absolutely nothing
Nickels

Bowie, MD

#34 Jul 21, 2011
Another Donut Eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you ignorant citizen. We, as law enforcement officers, are allowed to clear intersections with our lights and sirens in order to get to a call to service quicker. Maybe next time you won't complain about us clearing an intersection with our lights on so that we can get to a possible emergency call at your house when you call us. We can't run lights and sirens to every call, but we can clear intersections to get to your house quicker. Quit complaining and be thankful that we get to your house or someone else is need as quickly as possible.
I've seen this with my eyes before and two times it almost caused a nasty t bone trash and a head on collision and the officer involved didn't even slow down as a truck was sliding across the intersection doing a 360.

I love your attitude, "don't question how much danger I put everyone in just shut and be thankful I show up". Great attitude to have their chief. Perhaps those of us in the medical field should do the same. Next time you go to the urgent care I would love to see your face if they through a bottle of pills at you and told you to be thankful they even acknowledged your existence.

I'm all for emergency folks trying to respond to a call as quick as possible but do so as safe as possible!

As for police I don't need you at my house in a hurry the criminal I shoot for invading my property will be in the same place he died in after I shot him whether youre there in 20 minutes or 2 hours. It would be nice if you got their early though with this heat they would start to smell pretty quickly and the faster I can get the guy off my floor the faster I can get my house cleaned back up and enjoy my day.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#35 Jul 21, 2011
Another Donut Eater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's quite funny. I once saw a cruiser use lights to go through the intersection only to pull into a gas station a couple of blocks over. I sort of chuckled about the abuse of position as he pulled alongside another cruiser to chat. They were even still out there (chatting) after I pumped my gas and ordered a sandwich. Maybe next time you read a concerned comment such as his, you'll understand that people do abuse their positions. And since you chose a job which requires you to protect citizens, you can do that job rather than calling citizens ignorant names.
By the way...I hope you weren't supposed to be patroling and protecting while you were posting to Topix. lmbo
Eddie

Columbus, OH

#36 Jul 25, 2011
Thanks for those who "stuck up" for me! I was in no way trying to imply that I was ungrateful for emergency services...I was just pointing out I've seen cops use their lights and sirens inappropriately. I forgot to mention the first time I saw this happen, after the cop put on his lights and went through the red light...he turned them off after going through the intersection I caught up to him (we were on 23 north) and we were close to one another from Powell Rd. until I exited at the Marion exit. He was not heading to an emergency; he was abusing his power. Not all police are bad guys/gals but there are some real pricks out there with their "holier than thou" attitude!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delaware County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zach Scott lays out mayoral goals, names campai... Jul 31 They cannot kill ... 5
News Judge drops rape charges against Columbus firef... Jul '15 Big Johnson 1
News Number of burglaries trio accused of committing... Jul '15 BIzzyBee II 2
News Free Air Conditioners! #ColumbusShort with @LIL... Jun '15 Zoe Regen 1
News Columbus to buy former prison for water treatme... Jun '15 Duke for Mayor 3
News Uncounted votes mean Ginther's opponent for may... May '15 They cannot kill ... 5
News Mother Speaks Out About Alleged Abuse By Chess ... May '15 yeah baby 3
More from around the web