Suspect Captured After Stabbing Co-wo...

Suspect Captured After Stabbing Co-worker

There are 41 comments on the WXIA-TV Atlanta story from Jul 2, 2008, titled Suspect Captured After Stabbing Co-worker. In it, WXIA-TV Atlanta reports that:

A worker at the Cargill Corporation food processing plant in DeKalb County was charged with the stabbing death of a female co-worker Friday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA-TV Atlanta.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
elaine Lopez

Boston, MA

#1 Jul 31, 2008
This same man, Craig Armstead murdered my best friend in NJ after she broke up with him in 1990. Her name was Paula Robin May. I cannot believe he has done this again. He only did 5 years for the first murder. I hope he never sees the light of day again.
LofNj

Fort Wayne, IN

#2 Nov 2, 2008
Yes, I remember too. She was my friend also; he knew exactly what he was going to do. He needs 2 be locked up forever so he can no longer keep taking lives. In Paula Robin May's name.....how many times must we hear of men not being able to handle when a woman disagrees? STOP THIS NOW...
W James Moore

AOL

#3 Nov 8, 2008
I am an Atlanta trial attorney and our firm represents the family of the victim in a lawsuit against Cargill, the company that hired the convicted killer. Any information you could provide concerning the Paula May killing would be helpful. You may reach me at [email protected]
MsJones

Lakewood, NJ

#4 Nov 11, 2008
I just wanted to say before any one goes giving information about the Paula May killing maybe my family should be contacted about that first. This is Paula May's neice and i believe that my family should be the only people giving out information about my aunt's murder in December 1990. I apologize if i offended anyone but this is a very sensitive subject to my family, and i just need to make sure my family is ready to relive the terrible tragedy that happened.
Nia

Baltimore, MD

#5 Feb 11, 2009
MsJones wrote:
I just wanted to say before any one goes giving information about the Paula May killing maybe my family should be contacted about that first. This is Paula May's neice and i believe that my family should be the only people giving out information about my aunt's murder in December 1990. I apologize if i offended anyone but this is a very sensitive subject to my family, and i just need to make sure my family is ready to relive the terrible tragedy that happened.
Ms. Jones and to Ms. May's dearest friends,
I am sorry to hear about this tragedy. I was shocked to hear on my car radio that Craig Armstead had killed Kerri Harris. Also, I did some research online and saw the article about the NJ murder. I didn't know at the time that the person mentioned in the NJ article was the same Craig that I knew. You see, I had not seen Craig since we were little. He probably doesn't even remember me. The reason that I am saying all of this is because I am Craig's 2nd cousin. His family never stayed in touch over the years. I was shocked to hear on the car radio about him and also shocked when I watched the video and read the Memphis news article about how he had killed another woman when he was younger (Ms. May)when he was only 21 years old and lived in NJ. Go to this website to read the 2 articles and watch the 2 videos that Ms. Kerri Harris family did with the local Memphis news station WMC-TV http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp... My family will be shocked when I tell them the news about Craig. His family kept this a secret and I am probably the only family member outside of his immediate family that knows about this. I am truly sorry for the grief and pain that he has caused you and your loved ones. I didn't know that I was related to a killer until I heard about this on the news and on the internet. I also want you to know that Craig has a Uncle (now deceased) on his mother's side of the family that killed his wife with a crowbar. He found out that she was having an affair and he bashed her head in with a crow bar. Her brain and blood was scattered all over the walls and one of her eye balls dangled on her face.
If anyone knows the sentence that Craig received recently in (Dekalb County Georgia) in the murder of Ms. Kerri Harris, please post it online. I extend my prayers for peace and justice to all of the family members affected by this tragedy.
MsC

Memphis, TN

#6 Mar 25, 2009
I am a friend of Kerri and her family. I've known Kerri since she was about 12 years old. She attended High School in Memphis @ Kir by Middle and Kirby High. Graduated from Al A& M in 1989, and Mercier Masters Program May, 2008. I am in shock and words cannot describe the pain I feel after just recently finding out about this horrible and senseless tragedy. This murder is being ignored by Cargill corporation, and has treatedthis as if it is just some sort of workplace accident. It was not an Accident! Kerri was MURDERED by This sick heathen and Cargill hired him. THEY are responsible! How could you check an employee history and not know that you were hiring a murdereer. This man is a sociopath! He was also found to have been practicing voyerism in the work place. This was reported to Cargill Human Resource. He had worked at Cargill for 6 years, Kerri had worked there only two years. NO ONE SHOULD HAVBE TO WORRY ABOUT THERE LIVES BEING TAKEN BY A CO-WORKER. Cargill is an international company. There response to the family has been less than casual. Please help us fight for KERRI and the many others who are faced with this tragedy. KERRI was only working. Does our consitituion not give us the right to pursue happiness. Kerri left behind many family and friends that she cared deeply for. The careless and aloof attitude of Cargill and its representatives is atrocious. No accountability! I am outraged!!!! On behalf of Kerri, and family we will not forget! WORKPLACE VIOLENCE HAS BECOME A MAJOR PROBLEM IN OUR COUNTRY! wE MUST CALL ATTENTION TO THESE TYPES OF CRIMES. tHERE SHOULD BE LEGISLATURE IN PLACE TO HOLD RESPONSIBLE PARTIES LILABLE WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED AND HIRE INDIVIDUALS THAT MAY PUT THE LIVES OF OTHERS AT RISK! This murder also had cameras and other monitoring devices in the Lady's rest room and possibly in Kerri's office. This was reported to human resource department. People Human resource is not YOUR Friend. The manager taking the report in human resource also had a relaionship with this sociopath. It could be u at work! I will be checking for comments.
I am Paulas brother

Short Hills, NJ

#7 Apr 15, 2009
If i can help, please contact me [email protected]
Co-Worker

United States

#8 May 13, 2009
I worked with Kerri and Craig. I had only been gone from the company a year when this happened. I was so shocked to hear about this. I know the human resource manager and I can't for the life of me see why this was not handled better. I often wonder how many other women were victims to his voyerism at Cargill. I also see where he had been arrested a year prior to this incident for peeping in women's bathroom. How did Cargill not know about this sick person. If you look him up on the Georgia offender query you will see all the other charges he had prior to taking Kerri's life. If there is anything I can do to help the family, I would be more than happy to oblige.
Ms C

Memphis, TN

#9 May 22, 2009
The sting of death is painful in itself, but the taking of a life at the hands of another person is horrible. We must cry out and refuse to keep silent at the release of those who maliciously stalk and commit such hideous crimes. I am so very sorry for your loss! We are seeking support for Kerri's Law. There is always a quiet period before the storm. Recognizing the signs are key to saving the lives of potential victims of future crimes like these.
I am Paulas brother wrote:
If i can help, please contact me [email protected]
Ms C

Memphis, TN

#10 May 22, 2009
I am currently seeking others who have been affected by workplace violence. There is not enough being said about this type of violence.
Co-Worker wrote:
I worked with Kerri and Craig. I had only been gone from the company a year when this happened. I was so shocked to hear about this. I know the human resource manager and I can't for the life of me see why this was not handled better. I often wonder how many other women were victims to his voyerism at Cargill. I also see where he had been arrested a year prior to this incident for peeping in women's bathroom. How did Cargill not know about this sick person. If you look him up on the Georgia offender query you will see all the other charges he had prior to taking Kerri's life. If there is anything I can do to help the family, I would be more than happy to oblige.
Concerned

United States

#11 May 27, 2009
There are a lot of issues here.. He should have not been let out, and at best he should have recieved some sort of intensive therapy while in prison. He had a tragic and not so happy childhood. I heard one of his sibling died in his presence when he was a kid (while thats not an excuse, its reason for a life time of therapy) We should open our eyes when our kids are in need of mental help and make sure they get it. I blame him and his family and the messed up Judicial system.
bryan nj

Monroe Township, NJ

#12 Jul 1, 2009
i grew up with craig and never knew he was such a creep. he was always a little weird but i never thought he would become a killer. my heart goes out to the victims families. i do know after his first murder in 1990 rite before the cops found him he tried to overdose on some pills. to bad the cops got to him, if they hadn't another person would not have lost their life at the hands of such a creep. rot in hell craig
Ms C

Memphis, TN

#13 Jul 4, 2009
Concerned:I agree with you about the need for long term therapy when a child or anyone has been traumatized by a violent tragedy. Unfortunately those that need therapy the most are usually the ones who will not seek or receive help. Many cultures, are not well informed about mental illnesses. We need policies in place to protect people from workplace violence, particularly when an employee has reported the problem prior to a life threatening incident. Kerri's complaints were ignored, because her attacker did not appear to be violent!
bruce may

Plainfield, NJ

#14 Jul 6, 2009
MsC wrote:
I am a friend of Kerri and her family. I've known Kerri since she was about 12 years old. She attended High School in Memphis @ Kir by Middle and Kirby High. Graduated from Al A& M in 1989, and Mercier Masters Program May, 2008. I am in shock and words cannot describe the pain I feel after just recently finding out about this horrible and senseless tragedy. This murder is being ignored by Cargill corporation, and has treatedthis as if it is just some sort of workplace accident. It was not an Accident! Kerri was MURDERED by This sick heathen and Cargill hired him. THEY are responsible! How could you check an employee history and not know that you were hiring a murdereer. This man is a sociopath! He was also found to have been practicing voyerism in the work place. This was reported to Cargill Human Resource. He had worked at Cargill for 6 years, Kerri had worked there only two years. NO ONE SHOULD HAVBE TO WORRY ABOUT THERE LIVES BEING TAKEN BY A CO-WORKER. Cargill is an international company. There response to the family has been less than casual. Please help us fight for KERRI and the many others who are faced with this tragedy. KERRI was only working. Does our consitituion not give us the right to pursue happiness. Kerri left behind many family and friends that she cared deeply for. The careless and aloof attitude of Cargill and its representatives is atrocious. No accountability! I am outraged!!!! On behalf of Kerri, and family we will not forget! WORKPLACE VIOLENCE HAS BECOME A MAJOR PROBLEM IN OUR COUNTRY! wE MUST CALL ATTENTION TO THESE TYPES OF CRIMES. tHERE SHOULD BE LEGISLATURE IN PLACE TO HOLD RESPONSIBLE PARTIES LILABLE WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED AND HIRE INDIVIDUALS THAT MAY PUT THE LIVES OF OTHERS AT RISK! This murder also had cameras and other monitoring devices in the Lady's rest room and possibly in Kerri's office. This was reported to human resource department. People Human resource is not YOUR Friend. The manager taking the report in human resource also had a relaionship with this sociopath. It could be u at work! I will be checking for comments.
DOES KERRI's FAMILY NEED INFORMATION ABOUT MY SISTER'S CASE? IF SO, CONTACT ME AT [email protected]
bruce may

Plainfield, NJ

#15 Jul 6, 2009
IF KERRI'S FAMILY NEEDS INFORMATION ABOUT MY SISTER'S CASE I WILL BE MORE THAN WILLING TO SUPPLY IT. JUST CONTACT ME [email protected]
Ms C

Memphis, TN

#16 Jul 17, 2009
bruce may wrote:
IF KERRI'S FAMILY NEEDS INFORMATION ABOUT MY SISTER'S CASE I WILL BE MORE THAN WILLING TO SUPPLY IT. JUST CONTACT ME [email protected]
Thanks will be in touch
Concerned

United States

#17 Oct 15, 2009
Just checking to see if there are any up dates on this. I know some of his family in NJ and feel funny asking them for information. There are people in his family that don't know much either. I guess no one talks about this... maybe its denial or just too painful to mention... So sad.
A friend of Paula May

Suwanee, GA

#18 Nov 5, 2009
I would also like to know if there are any updates on this case? I've been checking the internet and have found no new updates? If anyone has any new information, please share.
madcap

United States

#19 Dec 29, 2009
I was introduced to Craig a few years back. It was something about his eyes that did not look right to me. We were talking over the phone a lot before we met. He told me a story about his relationship with his family that did not add up. The victims families are all in my prayers.
family member

Cordova, TN

#20 Jan 22, 2010
A friend of Paula May wrote:
I would also like to know if there are any updates on this case? I've been checking the internet and have found no new updates? If anyone has any new information, please share.
This is Kerri's sister, there is no update as of yet!!! Dekalb County seems to be dragging its ass. Craig may you rot in hell for the grief that you have caused my family. We will see justice for Kerri if its the last thing that we dont. What Dekalb county want do trust and believe that we will. This is the last life that you will ever take again...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dekalb County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A note from Annette Davis for State Senate, Dis... May '16 Annettedjackson 1
News New gas station in Brookhaven connects to great... Apr '16 Doravillian 3
News New downtown Doraville concept unveiled, approved Feb '16 Doravillian 7
News Pastor accused over sex allegations (Sep '10) Feb '16 kate1312anne 23
News Man Wins $9M in Genital Injury Lawsuit (Oct '09) Jan '16 Beatriz 12
News Wayne Williams' Father Speaks Out (May '08) Dec '15 MSO4 145
News Report details unaccompanied minors placed in Ga. (Aug '14) Dec '15 Concerned Cobb Ci... 2
More from around the web