IN man faces a maximum of 166 years i...

IN man faces a maximum of 166 years in prison for child molestation

There are 9 comments on the WXIX-TV Cincinnati story from Jun 18, 2011, titled IN man faces a maximum of 166 years in prison for child molestation. In it, WXIX-TV Cincinnati reports that:

A Dearborn County man has been convicted of five counts of child molestation. Matthew D. Thies, 25, of Aurora, Indiana, engaged in sexual intercourse, deviate sexual conduct and fondling of his 10-year-old victim over a period of several months in 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIX-TV Cincinnati.

Alex

San Clemente, CA

#1 Jun 21, 2011
It seems a jury of his peers found him guilty. Take it from someone who knows him very well he is the type.
amy

Sunman, IN

#2 Jun 22, 2011
i wen to school with him im not surprised at all
kristen

Youngstown, OH

#3 Jun 22, 2011
I dont understand how anyone can be charged with sexual intercourse when the little girl had a rape kit done, and she was still a virgin. The jury of his peers are corrupt along with that prosecuter!
thomas white

United States

#4 Jun 22, 2011
A guy right here in Aurora offers our children money for sex all the time but hasn't been caught yet. It's sick and it's molestation . I'm sure he usually buys himself a whore but he does try to get a child when one isn't available. It's sad because a minor girl gets propositioned and may need the money so bad because she comes from a poor family that doesn't give her the necessities of life. He will be caught one day and join this jerk in jail . Keep your eyes out and watch so that it doesn't happen again. I'm sure he will deny what he is trying to do and it's a shame he will have to ruin a young girls life for his sick pleasure. Molestation is real and it happens more times than a pervert is convicted. It doesn't matter if a girl remains a virgin it's still molestation and that is as sick as you get.
Mary

Elkhart, IN

#5 Jul 11, 2011
kristen wrote:
I dont understand how anyone can be charged with sexual intercourse when the little girl had a rape kit done, and she was still a virgin. The jury of his peers are corrupt along with that prosecuter!
I totally agree! Where is the evidence???
Brittany

Mchenry, IL

#6 Jul 16, 2011
If you paid attention in court, you would remember that an expert doctor testified that you can NOT tell a difference between a virgin and non-virgin just by an examination. Why would you defend a child-rapist? You should be in jail with him. How much more evidence do you need? Little kids don't lie in that much overwhelming detail about being raped. Also he admitted in court, that "she came on to me." Sick, just sick. She'll be suffering for the rest of her life.
someone

Youngstown, OH

#7 Nov 30, 2011
thank you kristen and mary. as for brittany were you in court? did you hear the debacle of the whole trial and testimony of the mother who never once shed a tear? and couldnt "recall" anything. he did admitt that she tried to touch him and her mothers response "she does wierd stuff like that" he didnt do a damn thing to this girl but bust her ego by trying to be a father that she never had. you dont know your shit so shut up!!!! as for the dr. its not just about telling if someone is a virgin...if i were ten and someone supposively raped me several times i would think an exam would show something. nothing about that little girl is "normal". im a nurse im not dumb. also the jury was bribed were you there for that? this whole thing stems froms lies that are completely vengeful and sometimes when u take things to far..you dont know how to go back. sick.
PODad

Columbus, IN

#8 Apr 9, 2013
thomas white wrote:
A guy right here in Aurora offers our children money for sex all the time but hasn't been caught yet. It's sick and it's molestation . I'm sure he usually buys himself a whore but he does try to get a child when one isn't available. It's sad because a minor girl gets propositioned and may need the money so bad because she comes from a poor family that doesn't give her the necessities of life. He will be caught one day and join this jerk in jail . Keep your eyes out and watch so that it doesn't happen again. I'm sure he will deny what he is trying to do and it's a shame he will have to ruin a young girls life for his sick pleasure. Molestation is real and it happens more times than a pervert is convicted. It doesn't matter if a girl remains a virgin it's still molestation and that is as sick as you get.
Y don't we solve this problem or at least alleviate it..Legalize prostitution!
ken the knife

United States

#9 Apr 9, 2013
8 to 80, Blind crippled and crazy was his motto probably?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dearborn County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman's will asks to put down dog (Dec '14) Jan '15 Samantha Hess 4
News Good Samaritan robbed on Ind. 1 (Oct '14) Oct '14 Oh I Wonder 2
News Burglary suspect claims no prior involvement; p... (May '14) May '14 Thief hater 1
News Aurora reels after second drowning (Apr '14) May '14 Really_ 2
News Durbin Plaza issues continue (Apr '14) Apr '14 Really_ 1
Therapist & client in a relationship? (Apr '14) Apr '14 Concerned 1
News Welfare drug screening stripped from Ind. bill (Mar '14) Mar '14 End of Story 1
More from around the web