17-Year-Old Indicted on Murder Charges After Being Accused of K...

Full story: KCBD-TV Lubbock

A 28-year-old Lamesa man is dead and his 16-year-old cousin is behind bars. Randall McKnight is now in Dawson county jail on a $1 million bond after the grand jury indicted him on murder charges.
Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated Jun 7, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lamesa

Lamesa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2006

Judged:

i cant believe it took someone to loose their life.just so the cops could arrest him.randall caused so much trouble in this town and just because his familys well known and white he got away with everything.the cops and steve.payson were always defending him "oh,hes such a good boy-hed never hurt anyone-people just like to pick on him to get him in trouble"ithink in cases like these this town needs to get together and make sure he pays for what he did.noone should ever have to go thrugh this.especially when it comes to someone like randall.i hope this town at least gives micheals death justice,and dont defend randall like they always do.cause if they frr him we all know justice was not served.
LamesaTx

Bolivar, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2006

lamesa wrote:
i cant believe it took someone to loose their life.just so the cops could arrest him.randall caused so much trouble in this town and just because his familys well known and white he got away with everything.the cops and steve.payson were always defending him "oh,hes such a good boy-hed never hurt anyone-people just like to pick on him to get him in trouble"ithink in cases like these this town needs to get together and make sure he pays for what he did.noone should ever have to go thrugh this.especially when it comes to someone like randall.i hope this town at least gives micheals death justice,and dont defend randall like they always do.cause if they frr him we all know justice was not served.
Steve Payson is facing a similar situation in his home with his son, so dont blame him to hard.
little one

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2007

thats true lamesa steve payson does have a sick boy and is not nice when he kills his cousin or his own dad all they going to give him is 5 years stupid ass cops do nothing
Remebering MIchael

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2007

Judged:

Yesterday was Micheal's 2 year Anniversary.I hope that all that have shared our grief with us.Will keep my bother and our family in your prayer's.It will never be easy.For us to not hurt that our precious Michael was taken from us.My only satisfaction of this is that everyone that was invovled in his murder will pay for it when they meet thier maker.Especially the one's that could have done something to help Randell with his violence instead of excusing it.Hopefully they will learn something from this tragedy that could have been avoided.If they would have gotten him help.Again THANK YOU to all whom share in our loss for your thaught's and prayer's.
Bunch-of-Crap-Ta lkers

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Judged:

"just because his familys well known and white he got away with everything."

You are just jealous because you're not white!
mmm

Bolivar, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2008

hey
mmm

Bolivar, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2008

his mother is a mexican so blame both races!!!
people at the north side

Lamesa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2008

Judged:

Although it was fivwe people involved ....and steve payson son was involved he got off..... and the three other guys got off of it ..and the the other got is gonna get out soon.... this just tells you how lamesa has no order some private investigator from higher authority needs to shou and search all files especially those who work in the courthouse and hide evidence and and do false reports to cover there own ass... money is not justice get it straight you dumbasses.......
angry lamesa man

Lamesa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

I live here in lamesa tx and have all my life. I can agree the society in lamesa is not a kind one. I,m 26 and i hope to leave this hell hole as soon as possible. The officers suck at their job. I have been assulted several times. I have called the cops and they do nothing but go and talk to the offender over and over and over. I decided to fight back with a vengence, won my battles and then guess who was in jail for a little while. Thats right ... me. Lamesa tx has no order. The only thing this greedy town cares about is money. I will not die here, and my family sure as hell is not gonna be here either. And as for Mike... rest in peace my brother. Justice will be served in GODS time.
btexpress

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2008

someones dead and you guys are talking about color of skin, god will be the final judge of all things
Lubbock Tx

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2008

Judged:

It's not that he is well known it's his white side of the family from sam steven's that kept
him from getting life which he desevers what kind of human been kills his own family member i you ask me he needs to rot in prison along with his mother who knew about it and helped dig the hole their not crazy their just on drugs idon't feel sorry for his family.
Lea Land

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2008

Judged:

Lamesa law is definitely all about who you know. My ex husband beat me with a dining room chair, put me in the hospital, and permanently blinded me in one eye. Sammy McCrary decided he didn't need to be charged with anything and the photos taken 'disappeared'.
F__K Lamesa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2008

and every jackass in it. That included 99% of the people there.
It is a town of migrant farm workers criminals and thieves. When I grew up there, it was gangs incorporated. Everywhere that is all there was. It was not safe to go to work on the farm if you weren't armed.
Reality check. If the people that got busted had only worked for the county government they would have not been bothered. No, not just a comment, a fact.
The level of corruption there surpasses even our federal government. GASP!!! say it ain't so.
There is a church full of sanctimonious hypocritical elitists on every corner. Most of them have ties with the city and county government in one form or another. And guess what, no taxes for them.
Cotton King gin is a huge violator of not only human rights but tax laws and J. Har (name not complete for a reason) is the leader of the gang.
The property tax there is among the highest in the state. There are no services rendered for the tax levied.
I truly hope with all that makes me live and breathe that lamesa is turned into the cinder and ash that it deserves to be.
It truly is the asshole of the world.
Your comments about the "evil dope" are comical you bible thumping blue haired jackass.
The average age there has to be over 70. There i9s NOTHING to do. never has been. I left in the 70's and I can tell you that I HAVE to go back to take care of some things occasionally. It hasn't changed. it can't. The county and city governments make too much money off their corrupt lies and deceit to allow it to change.
BURN BURN BURN IN YOUR SELF MADE HELL
F__K Lamesa

Sandy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2008

I love the comments about Sam Stephens. He and Jerry Harris belong in a torture camp. Scumbags, just as their family's are.

BURN BURN BURN IN YOUR SELF MADE HELL

sooner than later please
lamesa hater

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

I've lived in Lamesa on and off for 16 years. The piece of shit town is corrupt. A young mexican guy got into some trouble, light trouble. Sammy McCrary told him that he can do 2years in the pen and 3 years probation or he could do 6 straight years. He choose the 6. He told her that he was not going to do 2 years and get out on probation because he knew that she would have the police to set him up for something and she would give him 99years. She gave him an extra 3 years for saying that in front of everybody and she then stormed out of the courtroom. A few days later she gave a black man 99 years for loitering and a white man was under arrest for raping and molesting his stepson. The boys mother testified that she walked in on him messing with her son, the daughter knew about it but was scared to say something and a few other witnesses testified. She gave the man 10 years probation. She told him to straighten up. When my family leaves from there I hope they drop a bomb on the damn place.
Hope For Lamesa

Pattonsburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2008

It always amazes me at the responses people post about their experiences with a particular person or place. I have lived and worked in Lamesa for 3 years now and no it is not a glorious town and yes there are corrupt people here as there are in every town USA. I think for things to change people have to come out from behind their computer screens and take a stand and continue standing until someone somewhere stands with them instead of doing what some many of us are accustomed to do. We bad mouth the authority and raise hell to make them pay. Life is about choices and when we voluntarily do something knowing full well the consequences of our actions our punishment is just. If we know we are innocent it is by truth we will survive. Hold your head up be proud you know the truth because no one can take that from you. I detest Steve Payson, my experiences with him over a traffic ticket have left me bitter but for change to come I have to stand up for myself and make smart choices...otherwise you get what you deserve. It does not matter what your race/ethicity is, what matters is truth and how you choose to be honor it.
justcurious

Union Star, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2008

You mentioned S Payson, I had to go to his office and do some menial task. He was on the phone. I stood out side the door. He saw me. He talked loud enough for me to hear. He was talking to someone about a case and was throwing names all over the place. That's not very professional.
lam

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

Bunch-of-Crap-Talkers wrote:
"just because his familys well known and white he got away with everything."
You are just jealous because you're not white!
Ur simple minded white folks are under black rule now so who cares about being white it is about being paid dummy.
mmBITCH

Levelland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2009

people at the north side wrote:
Although it was fivwe people involved ....and steve payson son was involved he got off..... and the three other guys got off of it ..and the the other got is gonna get out soon.... this just tells you how lamesa has no order some private investigator from higher authority needs to shou and search all files especially those who work in the courthouse and hide evidence and and do false reports to cover there own ass... money is not justice get it straight you dumbasses.......
hahaha your the dumbass.
there wasn't 5 people.
you only KNOW the ide you think but you can't forget there are 2 sides to every story.
&&you ONLY know what you THOUGHT had happened but instead you wanna judge all & you won't give randall the chance to tell you.
some ppl know GODS ppl but the ones like you will never understand, unless your a "hoto" so fuck off mmBITCH!!
isaacKINGWICKEDr odriguez

Lamesa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2009

YO, IDK WHO THAT KID WAS HOMIE BUT HE SHOULD JOIN LATIN KINGS BEFORE HES SENT OFF, BECAUSE IM KING WICKED HECOULD BE THE NEXT ONE alkqn KING WICKED homie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dawson County Discussions

Search the Dawson County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Oilfield Worker Dies From H2S Gas Poisoning In ... (Jan '13) Aug '13 Old acquaintance 20
Dawson County hospital improvements heading int... (Jul '13) Jul '13 citizen 1
Dawson County remains may belong to Lamesa murd... (Jul '13) Jul '13 justsayin 4
Dawson County residents left in the dark about ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 concerned 4
Lamesa man dead and brother-in-law in jail afte... (Jun '10) May '13 acrt 42
Cross Border expands oil holdings in Permian Basin (Jul '11) Jul '11 Citizens Shale Ad... 1
Detectives looking into first homicide in Lames... (Oct '09) Apr '11 Racist 5
•••
•••