Drug Bust LAMESA
Cali B

Vista, CA

#1 Jul 20, 2006
A little bit more about Lamesa,
To help you understand what’s going on with this so-called drug bust I thought I would provide a small amount of a personal perspective about my experiences growing up in Lamesa. My family has roots in Lamesa dating back to the 1930, as black migrant field workers. Lamesa is a small DRY town meaning “no liquors for sale” but the white folks have a white only country club so they can go and get drunk whenever they please.
In the early 80s I can remember when we had to stand at the door of our little black club and watch out for the police and take turns dancing because if we were caught dancing by to police we would be fined or sent to jail. The town for the most part is still segregated into three parts 1.You have white-town that is located at the northern part of town 2. You have Mexican-Town is located on the east side of town and 3. We have black-town that we call that flats it is at the south tip of town and where most of the poverty is, It was not until the 1980s that people crossed these boundaries with few exceptions here their.
I went to school at Lamesa middle school and then to Lamesa High, this was my first encounters with racism, It is common practice for school staff to beat the black students “Caporal Punishment” when I say paddle I mean just that, one day I saw our School Principal Murray Murphy swat a black students so hard and he broke the paddle a thick piece of wood nearly an inch thick and later that same day I saw him set back in his office laughing about it with other staff members. Some of the teachers had to witness these beatings and one of my favorite teachers Mrs. Paula Franklin had to come and see me get my beating, I think I had forgotten to do my home work something simple however this was cause for a beating it was so brutal for her to witness that it traumatized her, she broke down and cried ran from the office in tears and took the day off and after that day she never sent any of her students to the office, white student was hardly ever paddled and it just goes on from that and gets worse for the black men of Lamesa with this in mind I’m just repeating that the Lamesa police department the grand jury and any person that supports this type of misuse of justice is wrong.
I hope that they are asking for the resignations of all of those involved in this matter for gross incompetence and abuse of authority, If it was a fair and legitimate drug bust why would all of the arrested have the same bail I’m sure by rule of law there has to be some degree of mitigating discretions between 30 people that would justify a bail reduction in some of the cases I really feel bad for them and the sad part is I guess that they will have to take what ever plea bargain they offer I just cant get over five hundred thousands dollars each now be honest with yourself you know this is a travesty of justice and is the type of thing that you would expect in a underdeveloped third world country not the good ole U S of A.
LamesaTx

Bolivar, MO

#2 Jul 31, 2006
Cali B wrote:
A little bit more about Lamesa,
To help you understand what’s going on with this so-called drug bust I thought I would provide a small amount of a personal perspective about my experiences growing up in Lamesa. My family has roots in Lamesa dating back to the 1930, as black migrant field workers. Lamesa is a small DRY town meaning “no liquors for sale” but the white folks have a white only country club so they can go and get drunk whenever they please.
In the early 80s I can remember when we had to stand at the door of our little black club and watch out for the police and take turns dancing because if we were caught dancing by to police we would be fined or sent to jail. The town for the most part is still segregated into three parts 1.You have white-town that is located at the northern part of town 2. You have Mexican-Town is located on the east side of town and 3. We have black-town that we call that flats it is at the south tip of town and where most of the poverty is, It was not until the 1980s that people crossed these boundaries with few exceptions here their.
I went to school at Lamesa middle school and then to Lamesa High, this was my first encounters with racism, It is common practice for school staff to beat the black students “Caporal Punishment” when I say paddle I mean just that, one day I saw our School Principal Murray Murphy swat a black students so hard and he broke the paddle a thick piece of wood nearly an inch thick and later that same day I saw him set back in his office laughing about it with other staff members. Some of the teachers had to witness these beatings and one of my favorite teachers Mrs. Paula Franklin had to come and see me get my beating, I think I had forgotten to do my home work something simple however this was cause for a beating it was so brutal for her to witness that it traumatized her, she broke down and cried ran from the office in tears and took the day off and after that day she never sent any of her students to the office, white student was hardly ever paddled and it just goes on from that and gets worse for the black men of Lamesa with this in mind I’m just repeating that the Lamesa police department the grand jury and any person that supports this type of misuse of justice is wrong.
I hope that they are asking for the resignations of all of those involved in this matter for gross incompetence and abuse of authority, If it was a fair and legitimate drug bust why would all of the arrested have the same bail I’m sure by rule of law there has to be some degree of mitigating discretions between 30 people that would justify a bail reduction in some of the cases I really feel bad for them and the sad part is I guess that they will have to take what ever plea bargain they offer I just cant get over five hundred thousands dollars each now be honest with yourself you know this is a travesty of justice and is the type of thing that you would expect in a underdeveloped third world country not the good ole U S of A.
I was also raised in Lamesa area. Regretfully what your saying is 100% true and I am white. Still is racist and prejudice is topped off by our District Judge. In Seminole a few weeks ago, a young white boy, hispanic and black were caught breaking into a store. The white boy was released on small parole, the hispanic and black were given maximum sentences. All were involved in the same crime yet the white was basically spanked on the wrist and the hispanic and black were thrown so far in jail they will pipe daylight to them.
chachee

Liberal, MO

#3 Aug 8, 2006
i was one of the people that was put into custody.i think this was an outragous cry for attention for our town. Yet they had no physical evidence on me, no audio nothing just a statement. i plead guility just for the fact that i needed to be home with my children. but the reason why i wanted to write is because people need to know what was going on the facilities. when i was brought back to dawson co. the jailers were really rude. after i had made a phone call and found out about the aclu helping us out. their attitudes changed like a 360 circle. there was alot of favoritism to certain people. i can recall officer higgingbotom telling one of the inmates their that she looked like a crack head. now how are you suppose to work at a place like that and comment people like that. that just shows how crooked this system really is. and they sent me back off to dickens co. because they said i sang to loud. well when i came back to court and had my trial johnny sauseda had walked us back to the facility and i commented to him how did you really get a truck like that and he told me he worked for it and i told him if he had good credit to get me something like that and he replied well if you leave your husband you wouldnt have to worry about me getting you anything cause i already have it. ok now if im not mistaking that seems to sexaul harrassment to me. this just shows what type of people we have running my town. now if i could vote i sure wouldnt vote for any of these men to run any part of our town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dawson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 17-year-old arrested in Lamesa PD investigating... (Feb '16) Feb '16 tru love 1
News Oilfield Worker Dies From H2S Gas Poisoning In ... (Jan '13) Oct '15 Been there 22
News Dawson County residents left in the dark about ... (Jul '13) Jul '15 tej 5
News Dawson County hospital improvements heading int... (Jul '13) Jul '13 citizen 1
News Dawson County remains may belong to Lamesa murd... (Jul '13) Jul '13 justsayin 4
News 17-Year-Old Indicted on Murder Charges After Be... (Jul '06) Jun '13 Mr bojangles 36
News Lamesa man dead and brother-in-law in jail afte... (Jun '10) May '13 acrt 42
More from around the web