TN bill on divorce would require equa...

TN bill on divorce would require equal custody of children

There are 47 comments on the The Tennessean story from Mar 18, 2010, titled TN bill on divorce would require equal custody of children. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

A bill that would evenly split child custody in contentious divorce cases is drawing national attention to Tennessee and dividing groups along gender lines.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tina

AOL

#41 Mar 29, 2010
Good grief Debb! This is the type of mentality I saw as a social worker. I am not trying to be rude but she can't even type a coherent sentence yet she seems to think she deserves some since of entitlement to her kids. This bill is better than the current system.
duh

Madison, TN

#42 Mar 29, 2010
Absolutely retarded. I mean that literally. This is the kind of bill someone with severe mentally retardation would think is a good idea.
Joe

Olive Branch, MS

#43 Mar 29, 2010
duh wrote:
Absolutely retarded. I mean that literally. This is the kind of bill someone with severe mentally retardation would think is a good idea.
It's easy to just sit back an insult. Do you have any good reason WHY it isn't a good idea or are you only good at insolence?
Tina

AOL

#44 Mar 29, 2010
I have two children of my own, worked in social work for over a decade,and anyone who is NOT in favor of this bill would be a candidate to ride the short bus.
Jim

Dyersburg, TN

#45 Mar 30, 2010
I agree with Tina and appreciate her responses.
Ron

Atlanta, GA

#46 Mar 31, 2010
For those of you following this, the bill is in the Children and Family Affairs Committee. It was suppose to be voted on, on 03/30/2010. But they pushed the vote back until 04/06/2010.

I pray every day the pass it.
Nancy

Whites Creek, TN

#47 Apr 12, 2010
The truth is the current standard in TN courts is to award the mother 80% of time with the child. Why should the father and half siblings on father's side be ignored? Why should the child's needs be ignored? A child deserves the opportunity to bond and build relationships with both his mother AND his father. If you agree please check out the Face book group:
"I support equal 50/50 parenting time/"
Copy and Paste the link below:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php... #!/group.php?gid=1130012720527 35
Join it and spread the word!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Women of Davidson County, Rethink Your Oppositi... Feb '15 kisses 1
Greg Oxendine Jan '15 curious 1
News Man Wanted For Assault After Incomplete McDonal... (Dec '14) Dec '14 LMAO 1
News Davidson County briefs: Chapman facing DUI, dru... (Oct '06) Nov '14 Geereree 467
Judge Casey Moreland Has NO Integrity (Oct '14) Oct '14 MarthaYoakum 1
News Radio Personality Charged With Sexual Exploitat... (Nov '13) May '14 FAIRisFAIR 3
News Barry Hawkins: Knox County Trustee (Apr '14) Apr '14 vote Hawkins 1
More from around the web