Nashville flood damage may top $1 bil...

Nashville flood damage may top $1 billion

There are 1 comment on the The Tennessean story from May 9, 2010, titled Nashville flood damage may top $1 billion. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

About 100 Metro police officers and firefighters went door to door Wednesday trying to account for everyone affected by the historic floods that battered Nashville, while inspectors continued to assess damage that Mayor Karl Dean said would soar well above $1 billion for the city alone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

Craig and KK Wiseman

Nashville, TN

#1 May 9, 2010
My wife has been out there in Belleview all week- Whitts Bar B Cue gave her a deal on pulled pork and we handed out over 250 sandwiches and hotdogs a day and over 10 gallons of lemonade. It is beyond imagination- both the devastation to street after street of thousands of homes- and also the spirit and humor and tenacity of those folks- both victims and volunteers.
No waiting for the Gov. to fix their lives- Just doing what they can with what they have to the best of their ability. Absolutely inspiring- God Bless the flooded and God Bless the volunteers.
It has been an honor to have served you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nashville man has been arrested 539 times Sep '17 shocking 5
News Slideshow: What light rail will look like on Na... Aug '17 Uncle Timmy 1
Davidson County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal Re... (Sep '16) Aug '17 Walter mccall 4
Stop Privatization Agenda (Mar '17) Mar '17 Dave Johnson 1
News DCS: Mtn. View Superintendent wasn't making eno... (May '16) Jun '16 mark 7
News Two charged with 'doctor shopping' (Jun '11) Jan '16 Boxer 16
News Women of Davidson County, Rethink Your Oppositi... (Feb '15) Sep '15 riccjames86 2
More from around the web