Tennessee's immigration law may be su...

Tennessee's immigration law may be superseded

There are 34 comments on the WBIR-TV story from Jul 9, 2010, titled Tennessee's immigration law may be superseded. In it, WBIR-TV reports that:

A new Tennessee law requiring jailers to check the immigration status of all foreign-born inmates probably will be overshadowed by a high-tech federal process that does the same thing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
History repeats

Kingsport, TN

#23 Jul 12, 2010
TEA wrote:
Americans are going to "supersed" the feds and put them back in their place.
I don't think I would want to be the guy in front holding the mexican flag out in front of these guys. This is a moment in history most folks don't relize. It could very well be a moment in time to be discussed and taught for the next 200 yrs. Its going to come down to who backs down first, the elected officials, or the citizens. I don't personally think the citizens have anymore "backdown" in them to give with.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#24 Jul 12, 2010
History repeats wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know if they are working with the sheriffs, or just going cowboy, or whats up. If they were invited by the state or countys , I wouldn't mind going down on my vacation. This whole thing is getting real touchy on both side. It wouldn't take much for this to become real big real quick like.
Dear Fellow American Patriot
Local Sheriff's have asked for help yes indeed.
They arent too good to take this help, But it has to remain a lawful situation, No one can take the law into their own hands without the authority of the local law enforcement agencies.
I went down the last weekend and it seems to be very well organized. Obama states that there are less illegals crossing the border these days, and it is purely because of your pals, not our president..Thanks I hope this helps you all in TN
God Bless you all

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#25 Jul 12, 2010
Avoid dealing wiht this Man..

Laeeque Ahmad is famous for selling at asking price, if not for all the other scams. Maybe next do some research on people before you deal with them. Thank god for forums and blogs.
Down and Out

New York, NY

#26 Jul 12, 2010
History repeats #22 - We are sitting squarely on a powder keg here, an errant spark could blow this keg sky high.
Don't misunderstand me, I want something done to secure the border since the feds do not feel compelled to lift the first finger to help, I question the wisdom of letting armed militia with no civil authority patrol this area.
They can certainly scare the living begeebers out of a coyote with their firepower but what happens if a firefight ensues. At that point is gets a little messy.
God bless 'em all, they are just doing the job the feds refuse to do, but without some type of civil authority this amounts to, IMO, vigilante justice.
Your thoughts on the subject?
Down and Out

New York, NY

#27 Jul 12, 2010
Vance1 #24 - Would you have any knowledge of these miltia members being deputized? Are there any type of rules of engagement for the militia members?
History repeats

Kingsport, TN

#28 Jul 13, 2010
That was my Question also. If the sheriff gives them the ability to fire if fired upon. Great. If they are not allowed to defend the Border, then its useless. Arizona has the possibility to be the powder keg in a civil war. The more who lose jobs, homes, and so on. The more this country will teeter on the brink. Unless they put a freeze nation wide on forclosures, start enforcement against those hiring illegals, and protect the southern borders. I don't see how Obama has a chance at averting a civil war. Only question left is Who will be fighting who. Will it be the federal agents against local militias and local cops. Will it be the National Guard going after citizens guns? There are a ton of what ifs? One things for sure, This will be a huge moment in History. Only thing left to decide is who , or what side gets to determine how its wrote.
Down and Out

New York, NY

#29 Jul 13, 2010
History repeats #28 - You and I are in total agreement. You stated a lot with your comment, I'll need to sift through it in detail to give a decent reply.
We are on the cusp of either something very good here or something heinous regarding the nation - this may well be a defining and pivotal moment in our history!

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#30 Jul 13, 2010
Down and Out wrote:
Vance1 #24 - Would you have any knowledge of these miltia members being deputized? Are there any type of rules of engagement for the militia members?
I have no knowledge of this information sorry

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#31 Jul 13, 2010
History repeats wrote:
That was my Question also. If the sheriff gives them the ability to fire if fired upon. Great. If they are not allowed to defend the Border, then its useless. Arizona has the possibility to be the powder keg in a civil war. The more who lose jobs, homes, and so on. The more this country will teeter on the brink. Unless they put a freeze nation wide on forclosures, start enforcement against those hiring illegals, and protect the southern borders. I don't see how Obama has a chance at averting a civil war. Only question left is Who will be fighting who. Will it be the federal agents against local militias and local cops. Will it be the National Guard going after citizens guns? There are a ton of what ifs? One things for sure, This will be a huge moment in History. Only thing left to decide is who , or what side gets to determine how its wrote.
well there is much truth in what you say here.
The national guard confesscated peoples guns during Katrina
and we the people had nothing to say about it, it was forced.
So we the people had better take hede from that and learn.
Our federal government has became corrupted
Down and Out

New York, NY

#32 Jul 13, 2010
Vance1 - Thanks for the reply, with you having been on site I thought there might be an outside chance that this type of information could be forthcoming.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#33 Jul 13, 2010
Down and Out wrote:
Vance1 - Thanks for the reply, with you having been on site I thought there might be an outside chance that this type of information could be forthcoming.
as far as I know these guys havent been "deputized"
the sheriffs and deputys have spoke with them and told them only what NOT to do.
History repeats

Kingsport, TN

#34 Jul 13, 2010
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
well there is much truth in what you say here.
The national guard confesscated peoples guns during Katrina
and we the people had nothing to say about it, it was forced.
So we the people had better take hede from that and learn.
Our federal government has became corrupted
The federal government learned a hard lesson . In order to get those kinds of orders followed. They have to remove the National Guard unnits from thier home areas. There was three diffrent fed management groups who all came to the same conclusion. Troops will not respond with deadly force when faces with shooting their family, friends , and even folks from where they are from. They came up with the Governors board to over see National Guard deployments inside the USA. This is why Arizona's Jan Brewer can NOT call out the Arizona Guard to protect her borders now. This law was from Bush by the way . Obama signed off on it also in i think march of 09. I'll look it up soon. Anyway. The reasoning is that the troops from Arizona, or what ever border state , will not shoot when ordered upon those they may have a connection to. Thats why they used fed agents, and guard from the north east and north west to sieze and search during Katrina.
History repeats

Kingsport, TN

#35 Jul 13, 2010
Did i just hear the radio correctly? I think i just hear a news story stating that alot of citys are not going to allow thier cops to investigate, respond to, or arrest anyone comitting federal crimes?

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#36 Jul 13, 2010
History repeats wrote:
Did i just hear the radio correctly? I think i just hear a news story stating that alot of citys are not going to allow thier cops to investigate, respond to, or arrest anyone comitting federal crimes?
I certainly hope so!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DCS: Mtn. View Superintendent wasn't making eno... May 11 Mmm 3
News Two charged with 'doctor shopping' (Jun '11) Jan '16 Boxer 16
News Women of Davidson County, Rethink Your Oppositi... (Feb '15) Sep '15 riccjames86 2
Greg Oxendine (Jan '15) Jan '15 curious 1
News Man Wanted For Assault After Incomplete McDonal... (Dec '14) Dec '14 LMAO 1
News Davidson County briefs: Chapman facing DUI, dru... (Oct '06) Nov '14 Geereree 467
Judge Casey Moreland Has NO Integrity (Oct '14) Oct '14 MarthaYoakum 1
More from around the web