Tennessee's immigration law may be su...

Tennessee's immigration law may be superseded

There are 34 comments on the WBIR-TV story from Jul 9, 2010, titled Tennessee's immigration law may be superseded. In it, WBIR-TV reports that:

A new Tennessee law requiring jailers to check the immigration status of all foreign-born inmates probably will be overshadowed by a high-tech federal process that does the same thing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Drunk Drivers Kill Kids

United States

#2 Jul 9, 2010
<<<The basic process will be jailers checking all foreign-born inmates' immigration status and then faxing information about any suspicions to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Jailers won't have the authority to hold inmates on suspicion of being in the U.S. illegally unless federal agents respond to the fax, telling them to.>>

That's BS. The feds have already shown they are not going to enforce laws against illegals.
History repeats

Kingsport, TN

#3 Jul 9, 2010
BADGES! We don't need no stinking badges.LOL . The illegals stay in the big citys here. Its not been to healthy for them to be found out in the countryside. The politicians in the citys protect them somewhat. Nobody askes for papers when they are looking thru a scope. There are alot of unemployed rednecks here. They don't take to kindly to a jobsite full of illegals . Maybe LaRaza can raise money to buy body armor, and security guys for the latinos here. The gov can make all the laws they want, but out here in the boonies they will always live by thier own laws.Just ask the blacks.
ASKBITE

Miami, FL

#4 Jul 9, 2010
the above is a KKK MEMBER and a russian spy
History repeats

Kingsport, TN

#5 Jul 9, 2010
You got me ! We are out here in the hills to spy on the elusive yet super secret American possum. We use the squirrels to get info out to our agent handlers. Is the kkk a new discount prescription card ,i don't think the gubbamint has issued those out here yet.
mcss

Oak Ridge, TN

#7 Jul 11, 2010
Ozmet asks "what if a legal immigrant has lost his naturalization papers?" Gee, I live in Tennessee and I know for a fact that we have copiers here. I mean the technology is here. I would make a freaking copy of it, let's not play "what if." WBIR is a local news channel that leans way left of center. so much for un-biased reporting.
Peralta of Peralta

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Jul 12, 2010
"It isn't known when all of Tennessee's jails will gain access to Secure Communities. The nationwide rollout is supposed to be completed by 2013."

2010 is several years down the road. And the feds are not doing anything right now.

Just becausee you have a federal gadget doesn't mean that the fed employees will use it.

Therefore, don't let this stop your state from passing the same legislation as Arizona.
History repeats

Kingsport, TN

#9 Jul 12, 2010
mcss wrote:
Ozmet asks "what if a legal immigrant has lost his naturalization papers?" Gee, I live in Tennessee and I know for a fact that we have copiers here. I mean the technology is here. I would make a freaking copy of it, let's not play "what if." WBIR is a local news channel that leans way left of center. so much for un-biased reporting.
I don't exspect much from knoxville ,or the towns like them. Those of us who grew up out here in the not so civilized parts of the East Tenn mountains . We know the law as it is out here. They can keep calling us inbred hicks, hillbillys , rednecks, whatever. When push comes to shove, these are the wrong folks to shove. You wrong a person out here, and you can't ever sleep sound till you move far away. They don't go running for the sheriff, they are patient, they will wait, bide their time , and when its right. Its over. These hills are covered with what city folk call uneducated, back woods, stupids. The thing is, they are still here. The TVA couldn't run them out, the feds can't run them out, hell the local cops know better than to try. I wish LaRaza would come march here. That would be fun. Those tardo's from that kansas church learned a real hard lesson from this place. Ya'll know them folks right? They protest at military funerals. They were told point blank, you can come, you can protest, but there is no way in hell we can protect you. They decided it was in the best intrest of thier health not to show up. These boys can shoot the head off a dove across a 200 yrd corn field with a .22 . Not exactly the folks ya want pissed off at a bunch of beaners, didn't work out to well for the blacks. Don't think the beaners would fair to much better.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#10 Jul 12, 2010
Down and Out

New York, NY

#11 Jul 12, 2010
Is not the eveidence overwhelming? The feds, no matter what they may have in law or technolgy, have not the willpower to enforce any law or use any technology to stem illegal immigration.
Tennessee, take the required steps to protect and defend yourself, if you look towards the feds all you will acquire is a large dose of illegals and the misery that accompanies them.
History repeats

Kingsport, TN

#12 Jul 12, 2010
Vance1 wrote:
I read some of your blog. Pretty good reading there big guy. I bookmarked it and will read some more after dinner. Hope you have a good day.
mcss

Oak Ridge, TN

#13 Jul 12, 2010
History repeats wrote:
<quoted text>I don't exspect much from knoxville ,or the towns like them. Those of us who grew up out here in the not so civilized parts of the East Tenn mountains . We know the law as it is out here. They can keep calling us inbred hicks, hillbillys , rednecks, whatever. When push comes to shove, these are the wrong folks to shove. You wrong a person out here, and you can't ever sleep sound till you move far away. They don't go running for the sheriff, they are patient, they will wait, bide their time , and when its right. Its over. These hills are covered with what city folk call uneducated, back woods, stupids. The thing is, they are still here. The TVA couldn't run them out, the feds can't run them out, hell the local cops know better than to try. I wish LaRaza would come march here. That would be fun. Those tardo's from that kansas church learned a real hard lesson from this place. Ya'll know them folks right? They protest at military funerals. They were told point blank, you can come, you can protest, but there is no way in hell we can protect you. They decided it was in the best intrest of thier health not to show up. These boys can shoot the head off a dove across a 200 yrd corn field with a .22 . Not exactly the folks ya want pissed off at a bunch of beaners, didn't work out to well for the blacks. Don't think the beaners would fair to much better.
I think that my better half described it as "a shed burnin."

Paradise Valley Arizona

#14 Jul 12, 2010
History repeats wrote:
<quoted text>I read some of your blog. Pretty good reading there big guy. I bookmarked it and will read some more after dinner. Hope you have a good day.
Hope more Americans accrossed the country begin to wake up and begin to write their congress people.
Drunk Drivers Kill Kids

Roy, WA

#15 Jul 12, 2010
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope more Americans accrossed the country begin to wake up and begin to write their congress people.
Don't bother writing Senator John Mexicain of AZ. He only listens to the corporations that pay him millions in bribes.

Paradise Valley Arizona

#16 Jul 12, 2010
Drunk Drivers Kill Kids wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother writing Senator John Mexicain of AZ. He only listens to the corporations that pay him millions in bribes.
I will be voting for JD Hayworth
History repeats

Kingsport, TN

#17 Jul 12, 2010
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be voting for JD Hayworth
Got a question for ya Vance. Alot of the 3%'rs, militia, so on are headed down to Arizona. They just started leaving from here the past weekend. Is there something going on the media isn't talking about? I know a few , these guys didn't go down to sit in lawn chairs if ya know what i mean. They are well trained ex military guys. If you have any way to find out why so many are headed down there, please share any info you find, thanks.

Paradise Valley Arizona

#18 Jul 12, 2010
History repeats wrote:
<quoted text>Got a question for ya Vance. Alot of the 3%'rs, militia, so on are headed down to Arizona. They just started leaving from here the past weekend. Is there something going on the media isn't talking about? I know a few , these guys didn't go down to sit in lawn chairs if ya know what i mean. They are well trained ex military guys. If you have any way to find out why so many are headed down there, please share any info you find, thanks.
they will be helping to secure our border, something our liberal government refuses to do.
There isnt NG boots on the ground there at all yet.
some one has to do something.
God bless all real and true citizens working to have security on the border, Obama talks and bullsh*t walks
Down and Out

New York, NY

#19 Jul 12, 2010
History repeats #17 - I've seen some information that militia members from across the nation are gathering and taking it upon themselves to start patrols at and near the border with Mexihole. Don't know what to make of it, as it seems to be vigilante to some degree.
The information is second hand, I can not vouch for the reliability of it.
TEA

United States

#20 Jul 12, 2010
Americans are going to "supersed" the feds and put them back in their place.
History repeats

Kingsport, TN

#21 Jul 12, 2010
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
they will be helping to secure our border, something our liberal government refuses to do.
There isnt NG boots on the ground there at all yet.
some one has to do something.
God bless all real and true citizens working to have security on the border, Obama talks and bullsh*t walks
I didn't know if they are working with the sheriffs, or just going cowboy, or whats up. If they were invited by the state or countys , I wouldn't mind going down on my vacation. This whole thing is getting real touchy on both side. It wouldn't take much for this to become real big real quick like.
History repeats

Kingsport, TN

#22 Jul 12, 2010
Down and Out wrote:
History repeats #17 - I've seen some information that militia members from across the nation are gathering and taking it upon themselves to start patrols at and near the border with Mexihole. Don't know what to make of it, as it seems to be vigilante to some degree.
The information is second hand, I can not vouch for the reliability of it.
The ones who went down that i know of from here wouldn't be the kind of fellers to do any backing down. I don't see them as the sort to try and start a war or anything. Just tough ole boys, but good guys. This thing has the potential to start a civil war Obama can't handle. HMM getting interesting now. I think our elected official might have underestimated the rage in America thats growing by the day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop Privatization Agenda Mar 2 Dave Johnson 1
Davidson County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal Re... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stella 2
News DCS: Mtn. View Superintendent wasn't making eno... (May '16) Jun '16 mark 7
News Two charged with 'doctor shopping' (Jun '11) Jan '16 Boxer 16
News Women of Davidson County, Rethink Your Oppositi... (Feb '15) Sep '15 riccjames86 2
Greg Oxendine (Jan '15) Jan '15 curious 1
News Man Wanted For Assault After Incomplete McDonal... (Dec '14) Dec '14 LMAO 1
More from around the web