jessie dotson; lester street; judge j...

jessie dotson; lester street; judge james beasley

There are 16 comments on the WREG story from Aug 19, 2010, titled jessie dotson; lester street; judge james beasley. In it, WREG reports that:

One of the most high profile murder cases ever in Shelby County goes on the road to Nashville in search of 12 unbiased jurors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

ronren

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Aug 19, 2010
Why are we doing this? This is a travesty...Is there anyone that does not know that he committed this insanity...the judge and attorneys in this case are examples of the misquided judicial system in Shelby County. Do we pay enough taxes to waste on this repeatedly...first there will be a hung jury, then the retrial,then he will plead to a single count of manslaughter and when they tote up the time that he spent behind bars prior to trial he will be turned loose on the streets of Memphis. Maybe he will rent the house next to his attorney and decide that he was slighted by the attorney and decide that he should gain his revenge there.
REBELMAN

United States

#2 Aug 20, 2010
I hope someone kills him while he is jail.I wish I was 1 of the jury people.I would stand up in court point my finger and tell him to rot in hell you scum bag of the earth and did for his low life attorney you can rot with him and then for this judge that threw everything out what are you the punk a$$ bitch...How can you even think about doing that..Kid were killed and hurt real bad..Next time you come for election I hope the people will remember what you didand they don't vote you back on the court system..Oh but you would say the election was rigged they wanted whitie to win.People don't be stupid look and watch who you vote for.What would you do if this was your family
Mr_Mike

Memphis, TN

#3 Aug 20, 2010
so what you're reporting is that the police failed to have Mr. Dotson sign the confession, as it was given to them during the taping of '48 Hours'. Huh? Is that what I'm reading here. The taped confession was...what? Inappropriate? By not offering a clear explanation as to why the taped confession was thrown out you're failing to report crucial elements for our consideration. OK, so why is he being held? It must be because he is the only one who was identified by a witness and there is no reasonable doubt that he committed the crime. Right? If the trial had gone forward with the taped confession included, would that have been cause for appeal of the 'probable' guilty verdict? So, what do we do about the how these type of cases get 'sabotaged' by shows like 48 hours? It seems to be a shame how the judicial system fornicates around with...justice!
Digger

Memphis, TN

#4 Aug 20, 2010
Why is all this necessary when the man confessed to these slayings? Just another waste of our earned tax dollars.
Unknown

Memphis, TN

#6 Aug 20, 2010
He needs to die
wow

Port Huron, MI

#7 Aug 20, 2010
all i can say is wow. unngh
wow

Port Huron, MI

#8 Aug 20, 2010
wow
docb

United States

#9 Aug 20, 2010
He was read his rights and admitted to the crime on national TV. I can't understand why these facts can't be used in court. Why can't the prosecuters use an admission of guilt. This trial is going to cost a fortune in taxpayers money. He admitted in detail about the murders. HE IS AS GUILTY AS HELL!!
TJMemphis

United States

#10 Aug 20, 2010
I sure hope he is found guilty. I have been keeping up with this one and it seems his lawyer is trying to make a name for himself. He is working so hard to get DNA from the home to make it seems that someone else did the crime. I guess he is relying on reasonable doubt. Now the confession is not being allowed, and the surviving kids can not be questioned. Its looking like its all going in Dotson's favor.

He is filled with so much hate and should never be allowed the freedom to walk the streets again.
Iceman47

Memphis, TN

#11 Aug 20, 2010
Mr_Mike wrote:
so what you're reporting is that the police failed to have Mr. Dotson sign the confession, as it was given to them during the taping of '48 Hours'. Huh? Is that what I'm reading here. The taped confession was...what? Inappropriate? By not offering a clear explanation as to why the taped confession was thrown out you're failing to report crucial elements for our consideration. OK, so why is he being held? It must be because he is the only one who was identified by a witness and there is no reasonable doubt that he committed the crime. Right? If the trial had gone forward with the taped confession included, would that have been cause for appeal of the 'probable' guilty verdict? So, what do we do about the how these type of cases get 'sabotaged' by shows like 48 hours? It seems to be a shame how the judicial system fornicates around with...justice!
Mr. Mike...You have to understand that ol' Jessie is no newby when it comes to the Criminal Justice system. I believe what happened is that after realizing that he screwed up by confessing on tape, he "lawyered up". All the police had was the taped confession from the show and when the judge ruled that as inadmissable (who knows what was going through his Liberal Dem mind), the police were left with no confession.
Elected judges should be held accountable for their decisions, sentences, etc. A web site should be created to track such things so voters can refer to it around election time.
fedup

Memphis, TN

#12 Aug 20, 2010
this is a horrible waste of resources and money - just hang him
NoClueWhatSoEver

Memphis, TN

#13 Aug 20, 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Wreg 3 air in other cities, as well as online? The judge and the lawyers do not want anyone to see/hear Jesse confessing on the First 48, but channel 3 aired it last night during the news? Trying to find a juror who HAS NOT seen Jesse's confession, will be like looking for needle in a haystack: IMPOSSIBLE.
Hang him high

Olive Branch, MS

#14 Aug 20, 2010
fedup wrote:
this is a horrible waste of resources and money - just hang him
Hang him publicly in downtown Memphis so the rest of the thugs can see what happens when you screw up. Maybe they will think twice about it before trying to be just like him.- stop wasting our money
disgustedwithmem phis

Memphis, TN

#15 Aug 20, 2010
It doesn't matter who they get on the jury. Once one of the surviving kids say "Uncle Jessie did it", he'll spend the rest of his life in jail. Shame on his parents for pushing for early release then he goes and kills his family. Karma has a way of "catching up" to you.
personal thought

Little Elm, TX

#18 Aug 20, 2010
Piss head judge. This kind of crap makes people take the law up and deal with it as they wish. I think they need to hang this oxygen thief on live TV.
tarrazz miler274

Roy, WA

#19 Aug 22, 2010
its still sad..he should get death sentence

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Davidson County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal Re... (Sep '16) May '17 east 3
Stop Privatization Agenda Mar '17 Dave Johnson 1
News DCS: Mtn. View Superintendent wasn't making eno... (May '16) Jun '16 mark 7
News Two charged with 'doctor shopping' (Jun '11) Jan '16 Boxer 16
News Women of Davidson County, Rethink Your Oppositi... (Feb '15) Sep '15 riccjames86 2
Greg Oxendine (Jan '15) Jan '15 curious 1
News Man Wanted For Assault After Incomplete McDonal... (Dec '14) Dec '14 LMAO 1
More from around the web