Citizen Holds Break-In Suspect at Gun Point Until Deputies Arrive

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP 54
A citizen who caught a man breaking into an outbuilding held the suspect at gun point until deputies arrived Tuesday, according to the Davidson County Sheriff's Office. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
STK

Secaucus, NJ

#41 Dec 18, 2009
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>cause you probly a low life criminal to
Nope...just a law abiding citizen who believes in protecting yourself and your property and not depending on the government to do it for you.
parent of other children

Trinity, NC

#42 Dec 18, 2009
And this post is to WGHP TV. I think that you should reconsider this comment section for your stories. It's fine to have the right to freedom of speech and for you to want to have an idea of what the people think of your stories, but I think if you take a look at the comments on this story,(and I'm sure these same kind of comments have been made on other stories posted on your website), you will find that this is not productive at all! This young man hasn't even had his day in court, and the people have already convicted him, judged him (and they don't even know him) and decided he needs to spend the rest of his life in jail. These comment sections have turned into a site for slander, mudslinging, judgemental forum. I don't see how this is benefiting your station, or the families of the ones involved in your stories.
parent of other children

Trinity, NC

#43 Dec 18, 2009
OK....WGHP. It's ok to slander the people in your stories, but you don't want any comments about your station. Why did you pull off the comment about the station reconsidering this comments section???
parent of other children

Trinity, NC

#44 Dec 18, 2009
oops. sorry. it's still on there.

Since: Nov 09

Greensboro, NC

#45 Dec 18, 2009
parent of other children wrote:
You should count your blessings for having 14 to 16 hours a day, 6 days a week job!!!!! Not taking the other 8 to 10 hours a day left in your 24 hour day judging and criticizing, instead of enjoying your family and the things your money from your job provides for you!! This young man doesn't have that luxury...and not from a lack of trying, he like many others in this city, aren't able to find jobs. Also, I'm glad you know the ten commandments..... do you know the verse "Judge not that ye be not judged" ????
Look who's talking you pick and choose what you want out of the Bible to justify how you feel. You're right I am blessed I've worked hard every day of my life. So you try to shoot me down because instead of giving up I did whatever I had to do to provide for my family,as long as it was legal and moral. Unfortunately it is a consequence of society that we all must judge. However mostly we must judge ourselves. Say to yourself hey am I doing the right thing. Make any excuse you want for anyone you want but when someone winds up on the T.V. hey that's their fault. Maybe that's something people should think about before they commit these crimes. If someone doesn't want to be judged they shouldn't Do things that will get them judged. Stay out of the news and other people can't judge your business. Maybe that's something you should try to instill in your children.
Unknown

Greensboro, NC

#46 Dec 18, 2009
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let me start by saying that you and your daughter are a piece of crap. how many time has your tail had dealings with davidson county and several others jails. your children dont even like you so you are a fine one to talk. yes i know these people and yes i know your daughter and i also know that she has done a lot of hitting also and talking and cussing her elders as well. she is a bag of crap just like her MOMA so why dont you clean up your own self before your try to judge others.........you dont even know me but your daughter has filled a lot of peoples ears with the kind of person you are!!!!!!!!!!your daugther cant even take care of her own child so why dont you worry about that poor little kid and let the ones that love this fella take care of his issues..........
I am very close to this situation and know all the parties in this particular comment that are being talked about. His girlfriend does have a child who is very well taken care of. Times are hard, and she has help raising and supporting him from her family. He is not being supported by stealing or any other criminal actions. Who doesn't need help these days with children every now and then. She has a hand in raising and taking care of him. He does not do without, and he is one of the best children in his class. Her boyfriends actions have no bearing on her or her son. You didn't see them in the news saying they were with him while he was doing this. I can honestly say they are just people in his life who also care what happens to him. Her and her son did not make the decision that he made, and therefore, I do not see how they are considered peices of crap. Even the decisions her mother has made are not her fault. How is it that her and her son are being talked about when they had nothing to do with the situation. Is it really fair to hold them accountable for his actions and classify them as peices of crap? Thats like saying everyone is a peice of crap because I am sure that everyone knows someone who has gotten in trouble for something. So does that mean we are all peices of crap because we know or care about someone that has done something wrong. I am not making excuses for him because what he did was wrong, but all I am saying is his girlfriend and her son are not associated with this situation and I would appreciate if her son was not mentioned again. He is an innocent child and this situation has nothing to do with him.
parent of other children

Trinity, NC

#47 Dec 18, 2009
we could go back and forth on this for weeks and months and never agree!!!(unless this was in regards to one of your family members, your views may be different) I'm sure that if you're 60 years old, you have children and grandchildren. I was taught to be careful in judging people, because you can't guarantee what your own children and grandchildren may do in their lifetime. I'll pray for them, as well as this young man, that they don't go down the wrong path, even if it's just for one moment of bad judgement, and they will not be as critical of others as their grandfather apparently is. And you're the one picking and choosing bible verses, you can't add to or take away, so you have to practice ALL of the bible, including the ten commandments and ALL THE THOUSANDS of other verses; I was just reminding you of some of the other verses. GOD BLESS YOU!! and YOUR FAMILY!! and the FAMILY OF THIS YOUNG MAN! MERRY CHRISTMAS.
The one ur talking about

Greensboro, NC

#48 Dec 18, 2009
So worry about the poor little child who has a single mother...Ill have you know my child is seven and has learned from the wrong he has done looks like your twentyseven yearold hasnt futher more bringing up a child who has nothing to do with this is a pretty childish thing to do I know you and your family as well as your family member that sells drugs to support his child do you see me doing that or robbing places and I know for a fact the children in your family get help from you and other family members guess their parents are bags of grap too look in your own corner befor you stick your knows in mine.
tiredofliberals

Yadkinville, NC

#49 Dec 18, 2009
unknown wrote:
theres a diffrence in a stealing spree and the first time doing something stupid yes he was wrong and no one is making excuses. you have killers and rapist on the loose and yall let them go free and wory about some one in a barn that hasnt been touched in years and falling down. they should tear the place down if they are not going to do anything with it Sure elderly people are a concern but the man wasnt armed and broke in to someones house or a opened buisness. oh and lets not forget the child abusers and molesters that dont get this much exposure in the media. i would be ashamed to know that i had been on the website and wrote such horrible things about this boy and his parents. If you dont know these people then keep your mouths shut. apparently some of you folks have way to much time on your hand. most of you are probably living on the governments money or in glass houses anyway. why dont you people get out here and find something to do other than criticize people that you know NOTHING about. My prayer for all of you is that you never have to go through what this child and his family are going through. When you have so much time to do such criticizing try praying for people or better yet sounds like some of you may need to pick up a BIBLE and read it....
I don't live off the government, and I don't have time on my hands. I lead a busy life earning the things I need, and I make time to do the things I want to do..such as posting here. Does your Bible tell you it is okay for you to waste time and criticize those of us that YOU do not know? You're a hypocrite who seems to think it is fine for you to do the things that you, yourself, judge others for doing. Of course, I'm sure you don't see it that way. This boy did not make a mistake. He intentionally tried to steal from the man who prevented him from doing so. He should thank this man for simply holding him until law enforcement got there. And you need to understand this. It does NOT matter if the barn were in poor condition. It does NOT matter if the owner had not entered the barn or made repairs to it in years. What does matter is that he owned these things. They did NOT belong to your thieving friend. My family owns farms on which we store many items that belonged to our ancestors. Some of these items are not locked away. And some of the barns might not be as pretty as YOU think they should be. That does NOT make it perfectly okay for this boy or anyone else to steal them. No thief has the right to take the chairs off my porches, the Christmas decorations from my yard, nor anything else I have on my property. This thief and his kind need to know that, although all of my possessions aren't under lock and key, they are well guarded. You see, good old boys and even us good old girls know how to LEGALLY protect what we have worked hard to own. Having a bad childhood, being laid off from a job, being desparate, or any other shoddy EXCUSE is a reason for your little buddy to steal. Sure it hurts his family to read bad things about him. That is NOT my fault, nor is it the fault of any other poster here. It is the fault of their thieving relative. He should have thought of that before he broke the law.
tiredofliberals

Yadkinville, NC

#50 Dec 18, 2009
carthoswalker wrote:
<quoted text>
Look who's talking you pick and choose what you want out of the Bible to justify how you feel. You're right I am blessed I've worked hard every day of my life. So you try to shoot me down because instead of giving up I did whatever I had to do to provide for my family,as long as it was legal and moral. Unfortunately it is a consequence of society that we all must judge. However mostly we must judge ourselves. Say to yourself hey am I doing the right thing. Make any excuse you want for anyone you want but when someone winds up on the T.V. hey that's their fault. Maybe that's something people should think about before they commit these crimes. If someone doesn't want to be judged they shouldn't Do things that will get them judged. Stay out of the news and other people can't judge your business. Maybe that's something you should try to instill in your children.
I continue to agree with your wise comments. Thanks for being someone who actually has the ability to think.. and, even more important, someone who has the ability to think wisely.
Steve

Greensboro, NC

#51 Dec 18, 2009
What a judgemental world we live in!!! This is someone's child and grandchild. None of you know the circumstances of what is going on in his life. Yes, he did something stupid! But why is he not working? Because he was laid off from his job. Has had 2 deaths in his immediate family in the last 6 months, and made wrong choices yesterday! That he hasn't been in this kind of trouble before. The news fails to mention that this was an old, delapidated building, the guy was unarmed!! and desparate to survive in this world. All of you throwing stones should think about your own family and children, and know that anything like this could happen to YOU AND YOURS!!! And you never know how you will react in desparte time in your own life. It's not always the PARENTS fault, as one post stated. It's life making you desparate that leads to bad decisions. Thank GOD the self-righteous, judgemental, thinks their perfect people of this world will not be his final judge in life!!!! People should be praying for the kid.
A man or women who is down on there luck and stills to survive is one thing. One who is on drugs and still is something else. Did you ever think about where he got the money for drugs. My church gives to the CCM which helps people with food and money who are down on there luck. There is other ways to survive with out steeling in this day. This time it was and dilapidated building the next time it might me someone's home and the out come may be a lot different.
Debbie

United States

#52 Dec 18, 2009
Debbie wrote:
Thank you Davidson County for taking this idiot off the streets. I know this person and his family. His mother needs to do the right thing and let the judicial system handle it. Not only is he a substnce abuser, he loves to hit women..ask my daughter. It will take a long time in jail to get him clean. Let this be a lesson to others...you will get caught.
Unknown in High Point, Judge not lest ye be judged. You have no idea what this young man has done and you don't know me. All the "talk you have heard" is just that. This youg man has 2 parents who are alchoholics and have tried to buy his way out of jail several times. He is the reason some other crack head shot out the windows in a house aiming at my pregnant daughter and grandchild. Do your research a little better. My daughter may not be perfect but she is a good mother just as I am. Be adult enough to put your name next time.
Silence DoGood

Durham, NC

#53 Dec 20, 2009
What a judgemental world we live in!!! This is someone's child and grandchild. None of you know the circumstances of what is going on in his life. Yes, he did something stupid! But why is he not working? Because he was laid off from his job. Has had 2 deaths in his immediate family in the last 6 months, and made wrong choices yesterday! That he hasn't been in this kind of trouble before. The news fails to mention that this was an old, delapidated building, the guy was unarmed!! and desparate to survive in this world. All of you throwing stones should think about your own family and children, and know that anything like this could happen to YOU AND YOURS!!! And you never know how you will react in desparte time in your own life. It's not always the PARENTS fault, as one post stated. It's life making you desparate that leads to bad decisions. Thank GOD the self-righteous, judgemental, thinks their perfect people of this world will not be his final judge in life!!!! People should be praying for the kid.
I lost my job too, and things aren't going to good.......can I come by your place and pillage all the stuff I can sell out of your house? I promise I will not be armed, or hurt you if you promise you won't hold me at gun point, or call the police. You also need to be quiet and stay out of my way. I would also appreciate it if you could go out and buy a 42in HDTV I could definitely use that on my list this year too. I know that since I have hard times in my life recently, you will understand why I am doing this even though it is a bad decision and my "first time" LOL!! it is O.K. for me to break the laws of God and man. I think it is great you have such compassion for people like us.......I know this is a lot to ask but would you make a list of your friends that think like you do? I would like to visit them too and give their names to the rest of my desperate friends.
tiredof liberals

Yadkinville, NC

#54 Dec 22, 2009
Silence DoGood wrote:
<quoted text>
I lost my job too, and things aren't going to good.......can I come by your place and pillage all the stuff I can sell out of your house? I promise I will not be armed, or hurt you if you promise you won't hold me at gun point, or call the police. You also need to be quiet and stay out of my way. I would also appreciate it if you could go out and buy a 42in HDTV I could definitely use that on my list this year too. I know that since I have hard times in my life recently, you will understand why I am doing this even though it is a bad decision and my "first time" LOL!! it is O.K. for me to break the laws of God and man. I think it is great you have such compassion for people like us.......I know this is a lot to ask but would you make a list of your friends that think like you do? I would like to visit them too and give their names to the rest of my desperate friends.
Hilarious way to get your point across. I love it. Everything you said is too true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Oct '10) Dec '14 mickeyw 20
Hostage Standoff 5-7-08 (May '08) Sep '14 NREverhart95 2
Davidson County's megapark is 'off and running' (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ralph Chappell 1
Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Jan '12) Feb '14 Ralph Chappell 3
City, county approve incentives for Project BART (Jan '14) Jan '14 Al Gibson 1
Stolen vehicle in hit and run (Jan '14) Jan '14 Darryl Isaacs 1
Body Found Near Badin Lake Road Identified (Feb '10) Oct '13 Stephanie 39
More from around the web