Citizen Holds Break-In Suspect at Gun...

Citizen Holds Break-In Suspect at Gun Point Until Deputies Arrive

There are 54 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Dec 16, 2009, titled Citizen Holds Break-In Suspect at Gun Point Until Deputies Arrive. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A citizen who caught a man breaking into an outbuilding held the suspect at gun point until deputies arrived Tuesday, according to the Davidson County Sheriff's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jjj

Louisburg, NC

#1 Dec 16, 2009
stupid crackhead thief
slammy65

Fayetteville, NC

#2 Dec 16, 2009
so....citizens with guns can be effective in crime control.......
john wayne

Ether, NC

#3 Dec 16, 2009

can you tell he is a meth head look at all the sores wish it was my outbuilding hed make a good example
SEKRPH

Whitsett, NC

#4 Dec 16, 2009
looks like a meth head to me.....pity he didnt make a threatening move on the citizen, or we might have had a corpse removal going on..
more power to the citizen...
john wayne

Ether, NC

#5 Dec 16, 2009
funny how he breaks into building for scrap metal to sale probably to support habit yet was freed under 5000.00 bond just not right
DNA

Raleigh, NC

#6 Dec 16, 2009
Its nice to know that there are people still around that aren't going to take crap off the low lifes!!!!!!!!
ceyanne2003

Burlington, NC

#7 Dec 16, 2009
Seems that citizens with guns are more effective than law enforcement. Now the only thing would be to allow the citizens with guns to start shooting these crack heads on the spot and teach the next one to think real hard before stealing from another. I wish somebody would try breaking in my place I can think of 38 good reasons not to.
Mike

Raleigh, NC

#8 Dec 16, 2009
Should have shot this low life and claimed self defense.
Robin Yarborough

High Point, NC

#9 Dec 16, 2009
It is plain not nice to judge someone. Even people with addiction issues are people, too. WHo is a low-life? We are all people. Some people need love not judging. All of us are special people. Some need redirection. As Grandad use to say, can't say something nice and helpful. Be quiet!
way to go

Mooresville, NC

#10 Dec 16, 2009
they should have refused him bond because you know hes gonna not show up and until they catch him agian hes gonna be doing the same thing probably right now and after being held at gun point hes probably gonna be armed and hurt someone the next time the simplest alturnative to this situation would have been to shoot him because theres no doubt he was guilty dump whats left in a hole 4 bags of quick lime wait 3 weeks problem solved he simply disapears
Mandy

Burlington, NC

#11 Dec 16, 2009
I went to school with this loser. He was a pothead then, but it looks like he has changed to METH. They need to take the "scrap metal" and shove it where the sun don't shine!
mr w

Burlington, NC

#12 Dec 16, 2009
It just goes to show wrong place wrong time and got caught.Times are hard but why steal what somebody else has worked for. It seems to me he is trouble. We need people like that off the street. If it was my building he would have faced a 357 right between the eyes. If i can't buy it i don't want and sure would not steal it. That is why prices are so high now because of people stealing.
Mike

White House, TN

#13 Dec 16, 2009
Good
Eric

Greensboro, NC

#14 Dec 16, 2009
We need more people to use force aganist criminals. This may have not been a deadly force issue but the owner could have used non-lethal force, i.e. taser, pepper spray and or old fashion come to jesus meeting. Thank you to those who stand aganist criminals.
tiredofliberals

East Bend, NC

#15 Dec 16, 2009
Robin Yarborough wrote:
It is plain not nice to judge someone. Even people with addiction issues are people, too. WHo is a low-life? We are all people. Some people need love not judging. All of us are special people. Some need redirection. As Grandad use to say, can't say something nice and helpful. Be quiet!
I can certainly say something nice about this. Way to go, Citizen!! You did a great job of defending your rights and protecting your property from the low-life, pimple-faced meth head trash who attempted to steal from you. Way to go, and keep up the great work. I'm proud of you, and I don't even know you. If there were more people like you, we'd all be better off. If more people met these sorry pieces of garbage with pointed guns and cocked triggers, they'd get the message that we were sick and tired of them. Love them? Yeah, right. I'd love to see everyone of the thieves locked away for good. Now.. is this nice enough for you?
Wonder

Trinity, NC

#16 Dec 16, 2009
A Citizen held himat gunpoint?
Isn't this considered "kidnapping" or some other STUPID ASS crime against common crimminals?
I'm sure some lawyer somewhere is about to start running TV ads to protect crooks against such hero's, LOL
Randy

Trinity, NC

#17 Dec 16, 2009
Now, Now people...
This is going to become more common as the REAL CROOKS...Politicians, Lawyers, TV News and idiots like the American Civil Liberties Union keep doing everything they can to GLORIFY these kind of acts.
"Pat" him on the tail and tell him, "Don't do dat no mo!"
Steve

Greensboro, NC

#18 Dec 16, 2009
Robin Yarborough wrote:
I would give him some redirection one barrel at a time
fed up in AMERICA

High Point, NC

#19 Dec 16, 2009
Wonder wrote:
A Citizen held himat gunpoint?
Isn't this considered "kidnapping" or some other STUPID **** crime against common crimminals?
I'm sure some lawyer somewhere is about to start running TV ads to protect crooks against such hero's, LOL
As I read this..I assume it is in jest..but watch the news..If everything holds true as our justice system operates at this time...Some lawyer will get him off on a stupid technicality and the same lawyer will in turn will file a law suit against the property owner for violating the "poor citizen" of his civil rights and walk away with some ridiculous sum of money....because after all...IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT HE WAS THERE TO STEAL, IT WAS SOCIETY AND HIS POOR PARENTING AS A CHILD...STUPID...STUPID...STUP ID

Since: Dec 09

White House, TN

#20 Dec 16, 2009
Robin Yarborough wrote:
We all need love, some people need to learn to accept responsibility and respect other people's rights and property. This scum is a low life, that is not a judgement, it is simply something he chose to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Davidson County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal R... Oct '16 Mia 2
7 year old Starved (Aug '16) Aug '16 flower 1
News Denton puts alcohol sales back on ballot (Feb '08) Jul '16 Brent 5
Tobacco Education Funding (Apr '15) Apr '15 rschechner 1
News Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Oct '10) Mar '15 Tabby 21
Hostage Standoff 5-7-08 (May '08) Sep '14 NREverhart95 2
News Davidson County's megapark is 'off and running' (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ralph Chappell 1
More from around the web