Lexington Man Charged with Statutory ...

Lexington Man Charged with Statutory Rape

There are 30 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Jan 4, 2010, titled Lexington Man Charged with Statutory Rape. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A 22-year-old Davidson County man was charged with statutory rape for allegedly having consensual sex with a 15-year-old girl he met online.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wills

Mount Airy, NC

#21 Feb 1, 2010
Steve wrote:
I agree with Kristan...what if the girl lied about her age. It's hard to tell these days the ages of girls..some look to be much older than they really are because they want to look older. If she did lie about her age, then he probably believed her. I know this boy did wrong, but, if she led him on, should she also be punished?
What's the Age of Consent in North Carolina? Anyway ...

Yeah, I have to agree with the above posters. When I pick up my kid from his high school I'm totally disbelieving what I'm seeing. I seriously do not remember freshmen girls looking like they do now.
Liberty and Glenn

Charlotte, NC

#22 Feb 1, 2010
The age of consent is 16. I had sex with the girl next door last night. She will be 17 in May. I am 49.
Kaitlin

Buies Creek, NC

#23 Feb 3, 2010
Liberty and Glenn wrote:
The age of consent is 16. I had sex with the girl next door last night. She will be 17 in May. I am 49.
why would you have sex with a 16 year old girl and you are 49? that is very wrong. that girl is going to have to live with that the rest of her life. you are old enough to be her father.
Kaitlin

Buies Creek, NC

#24 Feb 3, 2010
Naomi wrote:
I feel bad that all this mess had to go down. I'm so surprise. I personally is a friend of Jacobs and kind of surprise he did this...well not really LOL. Even though the girl is young and all I think she should be in some trouble too to teach young girls like her a lesson (You don't mess with older men you don't know!!! No! No!) She's old enough to understand that and don't say she's not because she is because I believe I met this girl one time. Again I know Jacob personally so I know he would've hurt this girl but honestly I think Jacob has a disability as well. Sorry Jacob but I think you do.
i know he would hurt this girl..he tried the same thing with me. he added me on facebook and myspace and from the very beginning he was wanting me to meet him somewhere. he kept asking if i had a boyfriend. i told him i did. and he continued to pressure me. but i stood strong and continued to tell him no, i was not interested in meeting him.
Naomi

Browns Summit, NC

#25 Feb 8, 2010
Kaitlin wrote:
<quoted text>
i know he would hurt this girl..he tried the same thing with me. he added me on facebook and myspace and from the very beginning he was wanting me to meet him somewhere. he kept asking if i had a boyfriend. i told him i did. and he continued to pressure me. but i stood strong and continued to tell him no, i was not interested in meeting him.
Yeah he may have tried to get you to meet him but I don't honestly think he would try to hurt you, maybe emotionally but not physically. I probably know Jacob better than you. I chilled and party with Jacob and he never made me feel uncomfortable and he even dated my best friend. I meet his parents and grandparents, been to both his dad and grandparents house here in Winston-Salem and Lexington. Now he would probably want to have sex with you but I don't think he would force himself on you. Just don't seem like something he would do. Don't make him a bigger monster than he really is. Yes he has a problem, he likes younger girls and that got him in trouble. What he did was wrong but i don't think he would hurt that girl but we don't know the whole situation. I'm glad you didn't meet him, Jacob can a really annoying LOL and you shouldn't get in the habit of meeting guys online anyway.
UGH

Charlotte, NC

#26 Feb 21, 2010
The girl is too blame just as much as he is. Her Facebook page says she is 18, so I'm wouldn't doubt it for a second that she didn't lied about her age to him. And if he meet her on the internet, how in the world would he know she really wasn't of age until he meet her.
brittany QUACKENBOS

Denver, NC

#27 Apr 15, 2010
i am so glad i didnt get with ur ASS WHEN U WERE locked up with my brother
one who knows

Stokesdale, NC

#28 May 24, 2010
Jacob is a sorry sack of horse s#!%! Blame it on lack of nurture, lights-on-but-no-ones-home, making excuses for a young man instead of teaching him the value of being responsible for his own actions. The law clearly states, and everybody know this: If you are a legal adult and you have sex, constentual or not, with a minor, you have broken the law and you go to jail (PERIOD)! He's good for nothing and I hope he stays in jail for a long, long time.
And btw, if you know him because you've "partied" with him, Naomi, all that makes you is stupid...NOT qualified to make comments on this forum. Stick to Myspace.
speakup2

Lowgap, NC

#29 May 24, 2010
Well most 18 year olds have ID....and the reason that the minor was not charged, is because SHE did not break any Laws. Male or Female...you should get to know someone really Well before you hop in the sack with them..There are many reason why. This is just One Example.
Naomi

Winston Salem, NC

#30 Oct 13, 2010
one who knows - "And btw, if you know him because you've "partied" with him, Naomi, all that makes you is stupid...NOT qualified to make comments on this forum. Stick to Myspace"

How that make me stupid?? Seriously answer that for me. You the one judging him when you DON'T even know him, I do!! You're NOT qualified yourself!! You don't even know the whole story so hush!! I know him not only going to parties and meeting him but I actually chilled with him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Oct '10) Nov 3 Watch 26
Davidson County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal R... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Mia 2
7 year old Starved (Aug '16) Aug '16 flower 1
News Denton puts alcohol sales back on ballot (Feb '08) Jul '16 Brent 5
Tobacco Education Funding (Apr '15) Apr '15 rschechner 1
Hostage Standoff 5-7-08 (May '08) Sep '14 NREverhart95 2
News Davidson County's megapark is 'off and running' (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ralph Chappell 1
More from around the web