Lexington Man Charged with Statutory ...

Lexington Man Charged with Statutory Rape

There are 30 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Jan 4, 2010, titled Lexington Man Charged with Statutory Rape. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A 22-year-old Davidson County man was charged with statutory rape for allegedly having consensual sex with a 15-year-old girl he met online.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mandy

Burlington, NC

#1 Jan 4, 2010
Cut his junk off, lock him up, and throw away the key!
buldawg

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jan 4, 2010
No they shouldn't cut his junk off...that's too humane! They should pull it off! That'd hurt much more.

Since: Nov 09

Thomasville, NC

#3 Jan 4, 2010
I think there should be a mandatory bond on all child predators of $2,000,000.
Keep them off the street until their day in court.
Mandy

Burlington, NC

#4 Jan 4, 2010
buldawg wrote:
No they shouldn't cut his junk off...that's too humane! They should pull it off! That'd hurt much more.
Yeah, your idea sounds better!
Concerned

High Point, NC

#5 Jan 4, 2010
I agree that their bonds should be $2,000,000 but what about rich child predators..... They could post it easy ..... They shouldn't be able to post bond period .....
Michelle

Greensboro, NC

#6 Jan 4, 2010
carthoswalker wrote:
I think there should be a mandatory bond on all child predators of $2,000,000.
Keep them off the street until their day in court.
Once convicted, take them out to the shed and blow their brains out! Let the father do it, and if the father isnt in the childs life let the mother do it.

Since: Oct 09

Reidsville, NC

#7 Jan 4, 2010
While I totally think that what he did is wrong, I'm surprised that no one mentioned the girl's responsibility in this as well. She invited him to her house and consented. Bottom line: he's an adult and knows better, but you can't completely let this girl off the hook and make this guy out to be a complete monster!
Mandy

Burlington, NC

#8 Jan 5, 2010
CCitizen23 wrote:
While I totally think that what he did is wrong, I'm surprised that no one mentioned the girl's responsibility in this as well. She invited him to her house and consented. Bottom line: he's an adult and knows better, but you can't completely let this girl off the hook and make this guy out to be a complete monster!
This is true...but where are the parents? Why don't they have controls on the computer? Even at the girl's age she doesn't understand the consequences of her actions. He could have easily kidnapped her, beat, and raped her. It might not have been this guy in particular but, there are some sick losers out there that could have seriously harmed this child. I would blame the parents before I would blame the girl.
lulu

Millers Creek, NC

#9 Jan 5, 2010
this is so wrong
cindy

Lexington, NC

#10 Jan 5, 2010
Just so you know the parents were at home where they should have been asleep in the bed. This could happen to anyone. Just because you think you have your child under control they still find ways anyhow. You would need to know the whole story before you try to put blame on anyone. She was at fault but he is an adult and knew better. Parents have to provide for the children so you cant keep them under lock and key at all times you just hope you teach them the best you can and keep them safe until they are out on their own.
patcancook

United States

#11 Jan 5, 2010
so, why wasnt the girl charged with being a partner in crime?
cindy

Lexington, NC

#12 Jan 5, 2010
patcancook wrote:
so, why wasnt the girl charged with being a partner in crime?
She is 15. He is 22. Their is a difference.
Naomi

Browns Summit, NC

#13 Jan 5, 2010
I feel bad that all this mess had to go down. I'm so surprise. I personally is a friend of Jacobs and kind of surprise he did this...well not really LOL. Even though the girl is young and all I think she should be in some trouble too to teach young girls like her a lesson (You don't mess with older men you don't know!!! No! No!) She's old enough to understand that and don't say she's not because she is because I believe I met this girl one time. Again I know Jacob personally so I know he would've hurt this girl but honestly I think Jacob has a disability as well. Sorry Jacob but I think you do.
Naomi

Browns Summit, NC

#14 Jan 5, 2010
"...so I know he would've hurt this girl but honestly I think Jacob has a disability as well" Oops I meant he WOULDN'T hurt this girl.

And I'm not from present garden, I am from Winston-Salem.
Kristan

Burlington, NC

#15 Jan 5, 2010
I have one question. What if the girl lied about her age? It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.
Steve

Lexington, NC

#16 Jan 6, 2010
I agree with Kristan...what if the girl lied about her age. It's hard to tell these days the ages of girls..some look to be much older than they really are because they want to look older. If she did lie about her age, then he probably believed her. I know this boy did wrong, but, if she led him on, should she also be punished?

Since: Nov 09

Thomasville, NC

#17 Jan 7, 2010
Kristan wrote:
I have one question. What if the girl lied about her age? It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.
True, however the burden of responsibilty usually falls on the adult.
truth one speaks

Lexington, NC

#18 Jan 16, 2010
Well their is too many slutty wh**es & they start so young now. Young girls just like boys are out to get laid at early ages. Its sick plus its someones daughter or son out there. Adults you know better.
Kaitlin

Buies Creek, NC

#19 Feb 1, 2010
I know him. He kept wanting me to meet him somewhere. He added all of my friends that were girls that were under the age of 20.
Liberty and Glenn

Charlotte, NC

#20 Feb 1, 2010
When I was 22, I was dateing and having sex with a 15 year old girl. When we first met, she told me she was 18, and I believed her. Her mother had abandoned her and her father was dating a woman several counties away and was never at home. So.....I am not saying it is right, but be sure you know the facts, before commenting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Oct '10) Jun '17 BJ Bates Is TRASH 25
Davidson County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal R... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Mia 2
7 year old Starved (Aug '16) Aug '16 flower 1
News Denton puts alcohol sales back on ballot (Feb '08) Jul '16 Brent 5
Tobacco Education Funding (Apr '15) Apr '15 rschechner 1
Hostage Standoff 5-7-08 (May '08) Sep '14 NREverhart95 2
News Davidson County's megapark is 'off and running' (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ralph Chappell 1
More from around the web