I-85 Rest Area to Get $1.7M Makeover

I-85 Rest Area to Get $1.7M Makeover

There are 5 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Sep 28, 2009, titled I-85 Rest Area to Get $1.7M Makeover. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

One of the most-visited spots in the Piedmont is getting a serious face lift thanks to some federal stimulus money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

Clementine DeBerry

Palm Springs, CA

#1 Jun 1, 2010
Faulty Vending Machine

On Sunday May 23rd while using the I-85 Davidson, County Rest Stop I purchased a bag of Lays Chips for 55 cents. Putting only a $1.00 bill in the machine I received $5.15 in change. I would like to reimburse the vending machine's owner. I wrote the machine's number down. The owner can contact me at [email protected] with the machine number with their name and address and I will be more than glad to send a check for the difference. Construction was being done at this site between Salisbury and Greensboro, NC. Thanking you in advance for your help.

“Cynical Scumbag”

Since: Jan 10

Lima Peru

#2 Jun 1, 2010
There are bridges that are barely standing, old water/sewer lines and they are going to spend money on making a rest area look better. Anyone want to make bets on which bridge around here is going to fall first like I-35 did?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3 Jun 4, 2010
Seriously, there are more important things we can use that money on. Like maybe roads, teachers, etc. We are laying off teachers (our kids future pretty much) b/c we can not afford them but we can afford to spend over a million dollars on a rest stop. This country is ridiculous. And so is the "president"

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Jun 4, 2010
How much pink paint can you get for 1.7 megabucks?
george

Louisburg, NC

#5 Jun 4, 2010
gotta make it nice for the lot lizzards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
7 year old Starved Aug 12 flower 1
News Denton puts alcohol sales back on ballot (Feb '08) Jul '16 Brent 5
Tobacco Education Funding (Apr '15) Apr '15 rschechner 1
News Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Oct '10) Mar '15 Tabby 21
Hostage Standoff 5-7-08 (May '08) Sep '14 NREverhart95 2
News Davidson County's megapark is 'off and running' (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ralph Chappell 1
News Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Jan '12) Feb '14 Ralph Chappell 3
More from around the web