Commissioners, Council Approve Grants...

Commissioners, Council Approve Grants for Two Projects

There are 4 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Jan 5, 2010, titled Commissioners, Council Approve Grants for Two Projects. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Davidson County commissioners and the Lexington City Council on Tuesday approved economic grants aimed at luring two companies and about 350 jobs to the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

Money Bags

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 5, 2010
WOW a total of 42 million dollars of the "people's money?

I can't wait to get some real details on this. 42 million dollars is a large chunk of change. I hope there are some big time strings attached to that money.
mike

Pilot Mountain, NC

#2 Jan 5, 2010
we need jobs here in lexington bad, i hope this help people out . an maybe some people can get back on track
frustrated

High Point, NC

#3 Jan 5, 2010
I am in no way against incentives as long as they benefit the surrounding community. The commissioners need to make sure that the investments being made by the recipients of the incentives is turned back to Davidson County. I know that the entire construction of Dell went to firms and suppliers outside of Forsyth County. If the county is going to give incentives, they need to insist that in all cases possible, Davidson county firms and suppliers will be used, not bring in workers and supplies from other states and counties.
Money Bags

Chicago, IL

#4 Jan 5, 2010
I'm with you "Frustrated".

Keep it local...from workers to suppliers.
Keep it as local as possible at all times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Oct '10) May 2 Sabrina 23
Davidson County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal R... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Mia 2
7 year old Starved (Aug '16) Aug '16 flower 1
News Denton puts alcohol sales back on ballot (Feb '08) Jul '16 Brent 5
Tobacco Education Funding (Apr '15) Apr '15 rschechner 1
Hostage Standoff 5-7-08 (May '08) Sep '14 NREverhart95 2
News Davidson County's megapark is 'off and running' (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ralph Chappell 1
More from around the web