Citizen Holds Break-In Suspect at Gun...

Citizen Holds Break-In Suspect at Gun Point Until Deputies Arrive

There are 8 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Dec 16, 2009, titled Citizen Holds Break-In Suspect at Gun Point Until Deputies Arrive. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A Davidson County man who caught an attempted robber breaking into an outbuilding held the suspect at gunpoint until deputies arrived Tuesday, according to the Davidson County Sheriff's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

gunner

Utica, KY

#1 Dec 17, 2009
All the more reson to own firearms. I appplaud me Palmer for holding this dummy at gun point. I also applaud the police for arresting Eads ad not arresting Palmer for his actions. This is part of what the 2nd ammendment is about. Portecting your property. The police cannot protect you, they are only after the fact.
Unknown

Lexington, NC

#2 Dec 17, 2009
True Mr. Eads done wrong but he is still a person with a family and feelings. His stupid actions got him alot of trouble but there is a reason for his actions.You dont know what he is going through. Like everyone else he probley has been laid off from his job and does not know what other way to turn. Give him a break.
noone

Thomasville, NC

#3 Dec 18, 2009
seriously? a break? he could just get a job at hardees and get an actually paycheck instead of making bad choices and robbing someone else. youve obviously never been robbed. it is a terrible feeling of violation and fear. who knows what he could have done. way to go palmer!!
Blue Dog Dem

Lincolnshire, IL

#4 Dec 18, 2009
Mr. Eads's reasons and his circumstances have nothing to do with his decision to violate the law. If this were an excuse, about 11% of NC citizens could justify theft and robbery due to unemployment. There are honest folks that have hit upon tough times, but they don't resort to stealing and breaking into someone else's property. Yes, Mr. Eads is still a person with feelings. Right now he should be feeling pretty stupid for his decisions and feeling pretty lucky he didn't get shot.

God Bless America and the Second Amendment.

Since: Nov 09

Thomasville, NC

#5 Dec 18, 2009
Blue Dog Dem wrote:
Mr. Eads's reasons and his circumstances have nothing to do with his decision to violate the law. If this were an excuse, about 11% of NC citizens could justify theft and robbery due to unemployment. There are honest folks that have hit upon tough times, but they don't resort to stealing and breaking into someone else's property. Yes, Mr. Eads is still a person with feelings. Right now he should be feeling pretty stupid for his decisions and feeling pretty lucky he didn't get shot.
Thank you.
tiredofliberals

East Bend, NC

#6 Dec 18, 2009
Unknown wrote:
True Mr. Eads done wrong but he is still a person with a family and feelings. His stupid actions got him alot of trouble but there is a reason for his actions.You dont know what he is going through. Like everyone else he probley has been laid off from his job and does not know what other way to turn. Give him a break.
Quite frankly, I don't care what this thief is going through, and it is his fault if his feelings are being hurt or if his family is embarrassed. The person I care about is Mr. Palmer. I wonder how he is feeling, and I hope that his family is feeling proud of him for defending his property from someone who was sorry enough to attempt to steal from him. I wonder if he knows how many honest people are glad that someone finally defended what was his and kept some punk from stealing his property. I know a young father who was laid off for 10 months, and he didn't resort to stealing to support his wife and children. He looked for work anywhere he could get it. He mowed grass, he tended chicken houses, he planted and tended his neighbor's garden, and he even washed mobile homes for people in order to earn what he needed to take care of his family. And, most of all, he prayed. He did anything he could, but HE DID NOT STEAL from others. This thief could have made the same choices. I expect he knew that, and I expect he still chose the lazy way, the immoral way, the illegal way of trying to steal what he assumed he was entitled to. I think he'll most likely try to do the very same thing the very next chance he gets. And I hope there's another Mr. Palmer right there waiting for him when he tries. Thank you, Mr. Palmer. I wish I could shake your hand.
tiredofliberals

East Bend, NC

#7 Dec 18, 2009
Blue Dog Dem wrote:
Well said. I agree with you completely. There should be more Mr. Palmers in this world. Perhaps if there were, there'd be fewer thieves like this punk.

Since: Nov 09

Thomasville, NC

#8 Dec 19, 2009
tiredofliberals wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite frankly, I don't care what this thief is going through, and it is his fault if his feelings are being hurt or if his family is embarrassed. The person I care about is Mr. Palmer. I wonder how he is feeling, and I hope that his family is feeling proud of him for defending his property from someone who was sorry enough to attempt to steal from him. I wonder if he knows how many honest people are glad that someone finally defended what was his and kept some punk from stealing his property. I know a young father who was laid off for 10 months, and he didn't resort to stealing to support his wife and children. He looked for work anywhere he could get it. He mowed grass, he tended chicken houses, he planted and tended his neighbor's garden, and he even washed mobile homes for people in order to earn what he needed to take care of his family. And, most of all, he prayed. He did anything he could, but HE DID NOT STEAL from others. This thief could have made the same choices. I expect he knew that, and I expect he still chose the lazy way, the immoral way, the illegal way of trying to steal what he assumed he was entitled to. I think he'll most likely try to do the very same thing the very next chance he gets. And I hope there's another Mr. Palmer right there waiting for him when he tries. Thank you, Mr. Palmer. I wish I could shake your hand.
Thanks, well said, when are people going to get the point that an excuse is just a way of justifying bad behaviour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Davidson County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal R... Oct '16 Mia 2
7 year old Starved Aug '16 flower 1
News Denton puts alcohol sales back on ballot (Feb '08) Jul '16 Brent 5
Tobacco Education Funding (Apr '15) Apr '15 rschechner 1
News Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Oct '10) Mar '15 Tabby 21
Hostage Standoff 5-7-08 (May '08) Sep '14 NREverhart95 2
News Davidson County's megapark is 'off and running' (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ralph Chappell 1
More from around the web