Sheriff Grice Defeats Hege, Price in ...

Sheriff Grice Defeats Hege, Price in Davidson County Sheriff Race

There are 68 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from May 4, 2010, titled Sheriff Grice Defeats Hege, Price in Davidson County Sheriff Race. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Sheriff David Grice defeated former sheriff Gerald Hege and former patrolman Terry Price, receiving 61 percent of the vote in Tuesday's Primary.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
slinky

Jewell, GA

#62 May 5, 2010
Wondering, sorry it didn't work. I've tried it before and it did work. C'est la vie.
Linda of Thomasville

High Point, NC

#63 May 5, 2010
DANIEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea now the crime rates will continue to rise as the they have been thanks to a sheriff who does no good to Davidson county.
If you are in Greensboro how would you know. I actually live in Davidson County and there has never been a problem in my neighborhood with crime, and apparently alot of other folks in this county fill the same way because there was 3 choices and Grice still won. If everyone in this county is so upset with the primary then they can vote again in November for a democratic sheriff.Of course you would have to like what the democrats are doing right now in order to be able to vote one of them in.
Linda of Thomasville

High Point, NC

#64 May 5, 2010
iME wrote:
All you people do is b i t c h! you complain because hes running then when hes out voted you complain about something else. Heres a thought LINDA..Speak for your self and no one elses, TMJH 10,000 votes is hardly DC Speaking for itself and RELIEVED sometimes morals isnt the best policy when dealing with criminals that dont have any. I wouldnt have voted for Hege and im republican..i just may vote democrat when it comes to the DC sheriff race this year..
I didn't have to speak for no one else they did it when they voted you moron, I was just bringing it to everyone else's attention I hate that you have a problem with it get over it and go ahead and vote demo it's your choice.
Joe

Kernersville, NC

#65 May 5, 2010
Ha Ha ha ha ! hege lovers! no felon in office!
Joe

Kernersville, NC

#66 May 5, 2010
Hege wrote:
Well I guess all the criminals voted yesterday. they know the fat pig we have for sheriff now will never catch them. You got what you deserve Davidson County another POS in office that does nothing. Well at least he matches the president now.
you dumbass! your whining becuse a convicted felon who abused his power and stole from the county was not elected! And you think grice is the p.o.s?
Joe

Kernersville, NC

#67 May 5, 2010
slinky wrote:
Hey, Gerald! My toilet leaks and the yard needs mowing. Now that you don't have anything to do you certainly have time to get me fixed up. On second thought, don't bother. I don't need a thief and murderer in my house or on my property. Say "Goodbye" for me to your bodyguard, Gary Silvestri. He and his Escalade should be headed up north by now, never to return to Davidson Co.
LMAO!
Deano

Bethania, NC

#68 May 5, 2010
Hege was more than an embarrassment for Davidson County -- he had the attention of the national media, and he made all North Carolinians look like a bunch of ignorant rednecks. I applaud the voters for soundly defeating him.

Also, I can note a definite difference in literary ability between the pro-Hege folks and those who reject him. Coincidence?
lexingtonNC27295

High Point, NC

#69 May 5, 2010
Open your eyes wrote:
I agree with DCR and Thomasville!!
Grice sits behind his desk shoving in the donughts and doing nothing else. He has a gun and can use it, but won't. You don't normally see him in his uniform and normally he doesn't have his gun regardless.
I think people that don't live in Davidson, should BACK OFF! This isn't going to affect you. Oh wait, it would've affected you more if Hege had won because the criminals would've stayed elsewhere. I can see why your happy Grice won.
The problem I have is this. All I ever hear from everyone is about giving second chances. Everyone always says people deserve second chances. This means ex felons to my knowledge. Sure Hege did wrong,(even if it wasn't a very serious crime to begin with), but we all have done wrong. We are NOT perfect. We are all sinners, first and foremost, and no one is perfect. NO ONE! Hege deserved a second chance. Period.
I have one question for those who have voted for Grice. During the time he's been in office, have you had your property broken into? If so, I hope he and his deputies showed you the same "respect" we got when we were violated. There was one deputy out of the many we talked to who showed us kindess. I've heard nothing of Grice hardly since he's been in office. He sits in his office snoozin', or shoving in food evidently. When Hege was in office I atleast knew his deputies and HIMSELF were out patrolling and busting crimnals. And I also knew that a lot of people wouldn't committ a crime in Davidson because of the fear of Hege and his "Pink walls w/ blue teddy bears." I don't care how much Hege was on TV or out in the public, he was out there, and I KNEW he was there. It wasn't a secret that if your a crimnal your gonna be busted.
I'm very saddened Hege did not get in. More people should've stepped
Hege is a hypocrite criminal racist who does not need 2 be in law enforcement.He deserves the same treatment he gave criminals in Davidson County!He is no better than the criminals that you are saying he would have kept elsewhere.He needs to be kept elsewhere!I am proud Davidson County stood ground on who we want.We want a good moral man like Grice to protect us and not the scum of the earth criminal Hege.Go Grice ;)!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Davidson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
7 year old Starved Aug 12 flower 1
News Denton puts alcohol sales back on ballot (Feb '08) Jul '16 Brent 5
Tobacco Education Funding (Apr '15) Apr '15 rschechner 1
News Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Oct '10) Mar '15 Tabby 21
Hostage Standoff 5-7-08 (May '08) Sep '14 NREverhart95 2
News Davidson County's megapark is 'off and running' (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ralph Chappell 1
News Two Years Later, Davidson County Murder Still U... (Jan '12) Feb '14 Ralph Chappell 3
More from around the web